Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etiquette Question - How do I greet someone who just had a boob job?

Options
  • 03-06-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I just heard an acquaintance is at home recovering from a boob job. What do I say / do when I meet her again? Do I politely ignore it and maintain eye contact, do I shriek: OMG! look at those grossen titzen! Do I approach with a knowing nod, palms outstretched like a goalkeeper and say: "May I?"

This is a genuine dilemma (albeit clearly a 21st Century, first world problem). I will probably meet her next weekend and all suggestions are welcome.

On a more serious note if I find out she had the job done for her boyfriend, I will drag him down a side street and gouge his eyes out with a rusty blade. Like every male I know, I can't abide silicone chests, much preferring the variety God / Allah intended. Also this girl is drop-dead gorgeous in any company, I was flabbergasted when I heard.

Finally, I have no pictures nor will I be posting any but thanks for the suggestion in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

'Great Tits!' would be the usual greeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Nice tits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Weigh them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Thanks for the mamories.

Don't do that, say nothing. Tell her she looks well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Same way you'd approach someone who got their tonsils out or a bunion surgically removed. Don't bring it up unless they do.

"Did you get a haircut?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Money well spent may I motorboat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's not like shes not putting them out there people who know her will notice regardless. I doubt she'll be going around with her arms folded trying to hide the size of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

'Would you like a sausage for those baps?'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

great rack or great tits would be an appropriate greeting.

It would be a social faux pas not to mention them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Oh! Oh! Here's another one!

Tell her. Now you can do the coke bottle challenge.

Just say you hope she is well that her doctor was happy about the surgery etc and that she is not in too much pain etc. Then just say she looks well. Then say NOTHING more about them. Just talk to her!

Remember it IS SURGERY. It is unpleasant even if elected. She is just the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Since you said it was a serious question, I'll give a serious answer! :D

Do you "officially" know that she had a boob job? As in, did she tell you she was going to? Or do you know through the grapevine? If the latter, probably not "OH GOD WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS?" Also bear in mind, it's possible she had a boob reduction. "Jays, yer oranges are now watermelons" probably won't be appreciated if she had them made smaller!

Eh, just ask her how she is, maybe say you heard she was in hospital, or something along those lines. Try not to stare at her boobs. If she makes reference to the boob job, then you can take note of it. If she doesn't, don't! If you traditionally hug on meeting, don't squeeze her, because it's probably all pretty sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Ask her did she lose weight?

While she's distracted by that compliment, you can sneak a photo to post here!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

A Gentleman's Booke of Ye Etiquette (1775) recommends the following; "Upon meeting with a female friend or acquaintance who has recently undergone pectoral augmentation, a true gentleman will be complimentary without appearing either unduly lustful or morbidly curious. A remark such as 'Egad, madam,your mammaries are displaying a degree of prominence and solidity, hitherto unnoticed by myself, and a tendency to upthrust which must endanger the eyes of any unfortunate who approaches too close to them.I'd warrant our Mr.Newton would assign them their own gravitational field' It would be wise at this point to move on to other topics of conversation, such as the weather or the Irish Question"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

giggity giggity goo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

They may be still sensitive and need to be numbed

Put your head between the breasts and go

Numb numb numb numb

• Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

"Hi"

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Play it cool, but let on you are aware. You can mention how you love to go motorboating in the valleys while enjoying melons and coconuts. See if you can reference bristol or Zeppelins. Maybe shout out Vunderbar at the end if she has poor hearing or you have poor diction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

One of the strangest and confusing times of my life is when a relative of mine got her hooters boosted and my girlfriend at the time was having a feel of them.
    Initally when I met her after she got them enhanced, I done what any self respecting man should do and sneak a look and say nothing.
    After viewing my ex grope them, it was a mixture of delight, fantasy and shame all rolled together.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Offer to help change her name to "Chesty La Rue", along with the alternative names "Busty St. Claire" and "Hootie McBoob."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Oh err missus "Great tits" . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Compliment her on her new glasses, and ask her if she misses her old glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Stick two balloons up your shirt and let her worry about what to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

You greet her by immediately burying your face into her chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Nice to see you back, we missed you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

Adopt a defensive posture with hands raised and be on the ready to duck any buttons that missile in your direction. (unless she bought new clothes)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

with both hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Start humming the chorus to Self Esteem by offspring.

Advertisement