Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etiquette Question - How do I greet someone who just had a boob job?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Something along the lines of flubblewubbleflubbleflubblewubble will suffice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

"What an arbitrary question.

I don't think it's size that's a factor for a lot of people, rather sentience."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

A casual "check you out, t1ts magee!"

Should suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Anyone who has paid good money for bigger tits would surely be offended where you not to stare and drool. They would feel as though they'd wasted their money After a suitable settling in time you are expected to request a feel, perhaps even a taste if you know them well enough.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Tell her she is looking well and give her a slap in the arse as she is leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Grin like a Cheshire Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

"Oh, I thought you were fixing your nose"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Samaris wrote: »
    Since you said it was a serious question, I'll give a serious answer! :D

Do you "officially" know that she had a boob job? As in, did she tell you she was going to? Or do you know through the grapevine? If the latter, probably not "OH GOD WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS?" Also bear in mind, it's possible she had a boob reduction. "Jays, yer oranges are now watermelons" probably won't be appreciated if she had them made smaller!

Eh, just ask her how she is, maybe say you heard she was in hospital, or something along those lines. Try not to stare at her boobs. If she makes reference to the boob job, then you can take note of it. If she doesn't, don't! If you traditionally hug on meeting, don't squeeze her, because it's probably all pretty sore.

To quote Shakespeare "there lies the rub". I was given the titty tittle tattle by a colleague of hers so I have to feign surprise and behave in an appropriate manner without getting myself arrested. Judging by most of the responses so far I think I should just hand myself into the Gendarmerie now.

Edit: I see I put the wrong tense in the thread question. It should be 'do' not 'did'. Anyone know how I can edit that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Ask her if you can have her old bras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Just say "How are you feeling?". The response will tell you if they're happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

In your best Louis Theroux voice: "How do you boob"

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Motorboat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Deise Vu wrote: »
    To quote Shakespeare "there lies the rub". I was given the titty tittle tattle by a colleague of hers so I have to feign surprise and behave in an appropriate manner without getting myself arrested. Judging by most of the responses so far I think I should just hand myself into the Gendarmerie now.

Edit: I see I put the wrong tense in the thread question. It should be 'do' not 'did'. Anyone know how I can edit that?
    B7-eoLFCAAAbctH.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Simply say "oh yeah! Shake it, madam. Capital knockers ;) "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Hug it out

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

I just heard an acquaintance is at home recovering from a boob job. What do I say / do when I meet her again? Do I politely ignore it and maintain eye contact, do I shriek: OMG! look at those grossen titzen! Do I approach with a knowing nod, palms outstretched like a goalkeeper and say: "May I?"

This is a genuine dilemma (albeit clearly a 21st Century, first world problem). I will probably meet her next weekend and all suggestions are welcome.

On a more serious note if I find out she had the job done for her boyfriend, I will drag him down a side street and gouge his eyes out with a rusty blade. Like every male I know, I can't abide silicone chests, much preferring the variety God / Allah intended. Also this girl is drop-dead gorgeous in any company, I was flabbergasted when I heard.

Finally, I have no pictures nor will I be posting any but thanks for the suggestion in advance.

I was about to thank the post for the bit in bold as it genuinely made me laugh, but the bit in italics stopped me. Let them be, it's likely she wanted them herself. She's (hopefully) an adult woman. And even if they are for her boyfriend, then it obviously doesn't matter what you prefer. He's the only one honking her now (probably) so both of their preferences are more important than anyones! The first paragraph is still gas though! :pac:

My only problem with breast implants in this country is how American it is. Always wondered how they would feel though - fake ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

You're thinking far too much about this! Chances are you wouldn't even notice if you didn't know to look... Most women that get them done only go up a size or two so they still look natural. Now if she has gone for gigantic beach balls motorboating is the obvious choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

say u were thinkin of the same job and ask for a look or a feel, don't mind if she thinks it would be an unusual job for a 75 yr old man. just tell her u are a free spirit ??????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Why wouldn't you ask how's she feeling? Say you hope shes happy with them and that it was worth the effort.

If she wants to talk about it she will, if not no harm done. Be nice about it thats all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

"Hello girls." followed by a prolonged stare & some lip licking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Great time of year to let new PUPPIES out.

Or

tell her you "I bet a tenner that you can make them wobble without touching them"

Let her hold the tenner with both hands .

Have a good rummage .

When she complains you touched her say " sure keep the tenner"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Consult the comedy of Dapper Laughs- basically AH in human form and everybit as funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Welcome back! They'll probably all want them now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Edit->Go Advanced->Title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

efb wrote: »
    Consult the comedy of Dapper Laughs- basically AH in human form and everybit as funny

That's a cruel thing to say about AH.

And the concept of comedy, come to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

In answer to the OP, you could always go with "hello".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

A, B, C, D, E, F, G ?

Advertisement