Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the largest animal you can moraly kill without retribution

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Shoot all the blue jays you want, if you can hit em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

What an arbitrary question.

I don't think it's size that's a factor for a lot of people, rather sentience.

What the fcuk is going on?

That is not an arbitrary question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

galljga1 wrote: »

AD_11_ad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

AD_11_ad.gif
    I'd kill Bob. His carcass works fine and can post on boards. Victimless crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Rats and wasps. Especially wasps.Any other creature gets a sporting chance to move out of my personal space.Live and let live is my raison d'etre.That said,im a city dweller,I find foxes fascinating and rabbits cute.But if and when I set up shop in a more rural locale,and find myself at odds with these adorable little ****ers,I don't think it would take long before I switched into 'Terminator' mode,blowing the heads of anything that moved,however cute or fascinating they may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Plryty

Temple Grandin has a short read on this topic
    grandin.com/welfare/animals.are.not.things.html

eg
    When the structure of the brain and nervous system is studied, there is no black and white line between people and higher mammals such as chimps, dogs or cows. The genome project has shown that humans and mice share many genes (Gunter and Dhand, 2002). In mammals 30 to 40% of all genes are involved in nervous system development and function. The basic design of the nervous system and the neural mechanisms that process fear and pain are similar in humans and other mammals (Rogan and LeDoux, 1996).

As nervous system and brain complexity increases the welfare needs of the animal increase and become more complex, but all animals that have sufficient nervous systems complexity to suffer from either pain or fear need basic welfare protections. Animals with complex brains also have greater social needs and a need for greater environmental enrichment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

galljga1 wrote: »

What an arbitrary question.

I don't think it's size that's a factor for a lot of people, rather sentience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Zillah wrote: »
    No we don't :confused:

I thinks it's nasty and pathetic when I see someone crush a spider. Why on Earth would you do that?

I've spent ten minutes before trying to shoo a fly out the window.

FACT; We eat 12 spiders in our sleep every night!

Kangaroos are considered vermin in the outback down under, farmers spend a lot of time hunting them on their property...the rest of the time they spend eating spiders in their sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Gandalph wrote: »

Kangaroos are considered vermin in the outback down under, farmers spend a lot of time hunting them on their property...the rest of the time they spend eating spiders in their sleep.

If your going to make up facts you should try making them believable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Gandalph wrote: »

Exactly 12?

Every night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hold yer whisht lads, yous wouldn't know what arbitrary was if it bit yous on the ass.
    Assbiterary question?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement