Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest alternative name for U.S. citizens

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

Sheep!..Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Columbusians !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Native Americans oh wait eh no.

The people not find it strange people from Holland/Netherlands are called Dutch. I'd get it if they were from Germany because of Deaustchland but wouldn't Hollanders or Neanderthals fit better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

There's America and there's South America. Over and out!

Central America.

They hate being chucked in with South America.

Touchy fcks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Central America.

They hate being chucked in with South America.

Touchy fcks.

'Cept Puerto Rica who are almost the 53rd state :D

• Advertisement

'Cept Puerto Rica who are almost the 53rd state :D

Puerto Rico is an island in the Caribbean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Candie wrote: »
    Puerto Rico is an island in the Caribbean.

Yes it is, but it is also a US territory and Puerto Ricans are US citizens as well as Puerto Rican citizens. They can hold US passports and can travel to the US with just a driver's license, establish residency, etc, without going through an immigration process.

Yes it is, but it is also a US territory and Puerto Ricans are US citizens as well as Puerto Rican citizens. They can hold US passports and can travel to the US with just a driver's license, establish residency, etc, without going through an immigration process.

I know, I've been there. I'm referring to the post above mine that puts it in Central America :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Wompa1 wrote: »
    There's hypocrisy everywhere. Also, Russia are bullies. China are bullies. They just don't get the same kind of viscera on here.

Yet the US has more innocent blood on its hands from Iraq and Afghanistan alone. Than either of those nations have since the post WW2 era. Of course there's hypocrisy everywhere, but the US pretty much owns the patent on it.
    Plenty of countries have had tendencies towards global domination and meddling....

Had? As in the past tense. Look we could go back to the Sumerians, the Mongols, the Dutch ect. But we are not talking about the past, we are talking about today. So apart from global US meddling and frequent shít stirring, who are these countries that you would put on an equal level to the US today?
    pick up a History book or look at global Geography. You'll see colonies and former colonies all over the map. Fallen Empires all over the map.

But we are talking about today, not yesteryear. I'm giving my reasons why I think people today unfairly snipe at ordinary Americans. Which I think is unfortunate and largely due to the actions of their government. Actions which just seems to tar them with the same brush.
    Also don't forget all of the allies. Canada has been involved in almost every conflict that the US has. Ditto Australia.

Oh you mean the convenient coalitions of the willing, the US likes to hide behind as it usually takes on the heavy lifting and bombs countries into freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Benevolent Overlords

Executors of the golden FDI hose

Sentinels of Freedom

Custodians of cleavage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

USArs pronounced youzars from usaland pronounced Yousaland

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

mod We do actually have rules against this site of stuff. Don't do it again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement