Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Car Tax or Insurance

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Actually, dont report to guards, report to the school & parents teachers association. Cant imagine parents would appreciate an uninsured driver around their kids everyday.
    And i would think that they would put more pressure to get it sorted.

I have a lot of respect for teachers, but i would get barred from boards if i said what i actually think of uninsured, non tax etc and what should have been done to them at birth or before. And i'm holding back my true feelings on the mater.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Them Thar Hills

I have a lot of respect for teachers, but i would get barred from boards if i said what i actually think of uninsured, non tax etc and what should have been done to them at birth or before. And i'm holding back my true feelings on the mater.[/QUOTE]

Well i hope she wears a seat belt then

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

diomed wrote: »
    The Garda are working on the frontline.
    The teachers are working on the frontline.
    Only a wimp has insurance on the frontline.

You wouldn't know maaan, you weren't there! Forget it Marge, it's Chinatown!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Thats not fair, i'm on the dole, i pay every year for tax and insurance, nct with out fail, and i never get stoped by the garda,

I sympathise. I too have all documentation in order, yet I never get to fart long and thunderously while the Peeler has his fizzog poked in the car window.

I don't believe a Garda checkpoint would wave through a no insurance.

They might let a no NCT or licence slide, but not insurance. If that person had a crash further down the road, you can bet the first question that would be asked of the Garda is how they let it through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

They might let a no NCT or licence slide, but not insurance.
    Surely that would be just as bad as no insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

If you said you had insurance but documents hadn't come in post they would wave you through, been there in that situation alot so basing that on my experience.
    They might let a no NCT or licence slide, but not insurance. If that person had a crash further down the road, you can bet the first question that would be asked of the Garda is how they let it through.

No valid licence if that is what you are getting at invalidates any insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Probably would need to have a yachtmaster certificate though as they seemingly claim only admiralty or marine law are applicable to them.

Been Fish on a bike it means you need to adhere to marine law :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

This thread has become incomprehensible.

• Advertisement

Maybe its just you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Reg to Garda or Garda confidential line. But having tax or insurance does not stop accidents.

true but it shares the cost of everyone else paying for MIBI
    Yeah but all that happens is you get a fine and points on your licence.

If you get caught you pay the fine. It's going to be less than two years worth of insurance.

All the points do is cause your insurance to go up so when you don't have any they don't really mean anything.

Or a complete ban on driving,
    If you're a good driver nothing will go wrong. Any damage to your car would be caused by another driver and their insurance will cover you.

And that wont come up or have the situation manipulated against you? you'd have more than the book thrown at you, thats assuming the other person doesnt try turn the blame on the uninsured person!

Sure they only check 1 in every 5 or so, cant see how they could rely on getting through multiple checkpoints all the time,
    If thats the first question, then the first answer might be, "well we were dealing with other motorists and can only check so many and have to wave the rest through or cause a hazard/large delays"

The threat of checkpoints does more to make people conform than the actual checkpoints catch or could deal with.
    I havent seen one in a while but at times I see plenty together. Probably see some tomorrow now, I think the start of the month is usual.

OP does she have some rack? and have it out or something? not talking rack and pinion now.

Its regardless about the tax, unless she has SORD the car already as she will be due to pay the amount owed (unless she sells it).
    Whatever of skipping a month or so of tax, no NCT has a steep points penalty now Id thought? No insurance is criminal and exceptionally stupid.

I still wouldnt think much invalidates an insurance or the insurers liability to pay out to a third party, if the insurer hasn't followed up on getting the correct documents/licence and hasnt already cancelled the insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

You can actually loose your licence for no insurance!
    I don't think she would get away with saying she was waiting for insurance in the post because op said she hasn't been insured since last year! Doesn't take that long like!
    Also I wouldn't like to be paying her tax when she eventually does pay it.... She will have to back tax it!!! If it has been out since '13 it would get taken of here then and there. I got stopped once and it was only out about 4 days (was waiting for it in lost actually!!!) and guard said he would post out a summons to me for no tax! Never heard anything in end, assume he checked it up!

So stupid driving with no insurance what ever about the rest! Tell her all the things that have been said on this thread, give her until end week and do something then. At least you won't feel bad because you have her a chance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭GaryTLynch

Probably would need to have a yachtmaster certificate though as they seemingly claim only admiralty or marine law are applicable to them.
    I think it's the opposite way round. As far as I'm aware their argument is that acts of parliament/statutes are based in marine law and don't apply to them. Only the 'common law' is what they recognise. But I digress, long story short, I doubt they pay motor tax either.

Can you still go on the sauce and boat?

Maybe its just you
    Well we do know I am incomprehensible. :)

I actually don't believe the story is true. I am worried if it is.

I actually don't believe the story is true. I am worried if it is.

its not true

Advertisement