Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Davina McCall sparks controversy over happy marriage advice

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

men are always in the mood.
    Any man denied bonking will stray.
    Remarkable how you're so familiar with every man ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tipparetops

Greentopia wrote: »
    Playing the game? WHAT GAME?? what on earth are you talking about?

Unless you can tell me you're at least a man in his thirties or forties with life experience and wisdom under your belt and the experience of having had some long term relationships or you're married, and not a pimply teenager living with Mum and Dad, I don't think we have anything further to discuss as I'm clearly wasting my time.

Where you've gotten so many sexist, cynical and wrongheaded views on women I have no idea... maybe you just have a lot more growing up to do. I hope so for your sake.

All women know the game and they do not play by the rules.
    What game are you playing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

He's made broad sweeping statements about what all women are like so why not men? :rolleyes:

You need to chillax babe.

I see now why men are so insecure, and project all their insecurities on the women of the world. Women have powers of seduction, and only some men are lucky enough to attain union with them.

The rest of the men live in their man caves with their gadgets dreaming about them.
    Ah jeez that's as bad as the stuff being said about women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

All women know the game and they do not play by the rules.
    What game are you playing now?

No response to my questions or the points I've made again.
    Ok, you're either baiting me or trolling, either way I'm done with you.

Greentopia wrote: »
    No response to my questions or the points I've made again.
    Ok, you're either baiting me or trolling, either way I'm done with you.

I are u serious. I am not.
    I am only joshing you. Not everything in life is to be taken seriously, boards.ie being one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah jeez that's as bad as the stuff being said about women.

It could be very true though!

Men are constantly chasing women, thinking about them, dreaming about them, how to get them, how to bed them.

Many men do think with their appendages, but their brains are so small that said brains often only match the size of said appendages.

So when they haul themslelves out of their hangover slumber, fall into the shower, forget to change their jocks and brush their teeth, go all hipster and forego a nice clean shave, they still expect women to fall at their feet.

Works both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I think you know it isn't really excellent and it's flawed. I'm also amazed at the amount of men here wholeheartedly agreeing with her that men easily stray. In another context that would be deemed misandrist, unfair generalising.

To be fair, there's more than a grain of truth to what she says for sure - as in, let yourself go in relation to your physical appearance, and your partner may lose their attraction to you (gender irrelevant).
    I don't think she's entirely right though - sex when you don't feel like it is a difficult situation (again, gender irrelevant) and I don't think anyone's partner who gives a sh-t about them would want their partner feeling "obliged" to have sex with them.
    Of course a couple's sex life suffering is a problem (when one partner really misses it - if neither misses it, I guess it's ok) but someone feeling nearly blackmailed into doing the deed is not the way to address it.
    I think men deserve more credit too - I'm not sure men are as prone to affairs as she makes them out to be.

Also, while it's only right to look after yourself physically - for yourself and your partner - feeling pressured into aiming for perfection isn't a healthy situation.

It's fine and good to say 'gender irrelevant' and in our modern society, it's encouraged. I'm all about gender equality, but the truth of the matter is that there *are* differences between the genders. On an individual level, we should treat everyone uniquely, but when we talk about the group as a whole, it's silly not to acknowledge differences that measurably exist, so long as they do exist.

Men as a group care more about physical and sexual things than women. That's true, as a group. And there are all sorts of studies that show it. That doesn't mean that every man cares more about sex than every girl, but as a group, it is true. There are studies that show men who marry more attractive girls are happier with their marriage than men who marry less attractive girls.

You can find all sorts of sites/surveys/studies that aggregate given reasons for why men initiate divorces. Being unhappy with their wife's physical appearance and their sex life is frequently on the list. Often times #1.

I've had many male friends complain about their sex life. More than any other complaint.

My wife enjoys going places. Doing things. Seeing stuff. She wants to get on a plane and go for a trip and stay in a hotel and see a show or go to a museum. If I said, 'Okay - we can do ANYTHING YOU WANT this weekend. Money is not an option, we've got a babysitter....ANYTHING YOU WANT'. She'd probably say, 'Let's go to Rome!' or Paris or Spain.

Me? Bust out the matching underwear. Put on a show. Something special, ya know?

Now, objectively speaking, it's far, far, far, easier for her to give me what I want, than for me to give her what she wants. And, while I could do the same thing for her - bust out some glittery man-thong, she wouldn't appreciate it anywhere near as much. She'd much rather my efforts go towards other things, that she would appreciate it.

It makes the most sense to spend the effort on whatever will make your spouse the happiest. Every relationship is different, but for most Men it's sex. Sex is the most effective way to spend your time making a man happy. For most women, that's not the #1 thing on their list. Maybe some women just really want a weekend of shagging....but odds are, they'd rather have their husband spend that weekend in another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod: tipparetops don't post in this thread again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Men are constantly chasing women, thinking about them, dreaming about them, how to get them, how to bed them.

Many men do think with their appendages, but their brains are so small that said brains often only match the size of said appendages.

So when they haul themslelves out of their hangover slumber, fall into the shower, forget to change their jocks and brush their teeth, go all hipster and forego a nice clean shave, they still expect women to fall at their feet.

Works both ways.

Such drivel.

Is there even a point you are trying to make?

It could be very true though!

Works both ways.
    I definitely don't believe that. Look at all those lads who can't get a woman, and look at how hard it can be for guys to chat women up.
    It's wrong for it to be said that women make no effort (when it's demonstrably untrue) but it's still much easier for women in the above regard.

"Many men do think with their appendages, but their brains are so small that said brains often only match the size of said appendages."
    Ah here... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I definitely don't believe that. Look at all those lads who can't get a woman, and look at how hard it can be for guys to chat women up.
    It's wrong for it to be said that women make no effort (when it's demonstrably untrue) but it's still much easier for women in the above regard.

"Many men do think with their appendages, but their brains are so small that said brains often only match the size of said appendages."
    Ah here... :eek:

I love it that you have a sense of humour. This thread is just a bit of baiting fun:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

*unfollows thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

This thread is just a bit of baiting fun
    Mod: I think that sums up well how the last few pages have been. I'm locking the thread. As it is now people are just baiting and there's no point in letting it continue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement