Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015/16 EPCR draw, Wednesday 17 June 1:15pm Irish time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ah well the pub it is lol

A lot of the BT coverage look like it takes place in a pub rather than a studio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Just looking at the tiers - damn I hope we (Leinster) get Stade as our top seed. Getting Bath would be OK as top seed but it would mean that second seed would have to be Clermont, Toulouse or Toulon. Drawing Saracens as top seed is the nightmare scenario.

Ideal draw for Leinster is; Stade, Leicester, Treviso. Not easy but workable.

There are a few permutations in which it might actually suit Munster better to be drawn as second seeds, their ideal draw is maybe Stade, Exeter, Treviso.

Ulster on the other hand really need to be in the second seeds (33% chance). Ideal draw is as for Munster, nightmare is the same as Leinster - Saracens, Toulon/Clermont, Wasps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Just looking at the tiers - damn I hope we (Leinster) get Stade as our top seed. Getting Bath would be OK as top seed but it would mean that second seed would have to be Clermont, Toulouse or Toulon. Drawing Saracens as top seed is the nightmare scenario.

Ideal draw for Leinster is; Stade, Leicester, Treviso. Not easy but workable.

There are a few permutations in which it might actually suit Munster better to be drawn as second seeds, their ideal draw is maybe Stade, Exeter, Treviso.

Ulster on the other hand really need to be in the second seeds (33% chance). Ideal draw is as for Munster, nightmare is the same as Leinster - Saracens, Toulon/Clermont, Wasps.

Bath, Toulouse and any 4th seed wouldnt be that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

aimee1 wrote: »

Bath, Toulouse and Bordeaux. Manageable and 3 great trips to boot for those who will travel.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

aimee1 wrote: »

That wouldn't be too bad, but if Bath are drawn as Leinster's top seeds, there is only a 17% chance that Toulouse would be our second seed, a 17% chance that it would be Clermont and a 67% chance it would be Toulon.

So, erm, no thanks.

If Bath get top seed, then there is a 50% chance that Clermont will get the other top seed of the runners-up. If that happens, then Toulouse automatically drop into tier three and cannot play Leinster. There is therefore a 50% chance that Toulon will be the only French team in tier two (again, if Bath are top seed).

If Munster get the second top seed, then both Clermont and Toulouse go into tier two, and it will then be (1/3 x 50%) chance as to which of them we get, i.e. 16.7% each, so if we get Bath as top seed, the overall probability of Toulon as second seed is 50 + 16.7 = 66.7%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

This is head wrecking!

I presume the draw is on TV - Sky Sports, or what?

Edit: OK, I see it's on Sky and BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That wouldn't be too bad, but if Bath are drawn as Leinster's top seeds, there is only a 17% chance that Toulouse would be our second seed, a 17% chance that it would be Clermont and a 67% chance it would be Toulon.

So, erm, no thanks.

If Bath get top seed, then there is a 50% chance that Clermont will get the other top seed of the runners-up. If that happens, then Toulouse automatically drop into tier three and cannot play Leinster. There is therefore a 50% chance that Toulon will be the only French team in tier two (again, if Bath are top seed).

If Munster get the second top seed, then both Clermont and Toulouse go into tier two, and it will then be (1/3 x 50%) chance as to which of them we get, i.e. 16.7% each, so if we get Bath as top seed, the overall probability of Toulon as second seed is 50 + 16.7 = 66.7%

This sort of thing definitely requires Emmet verification

The more French teams in the group, the more likelihood games will be on Sky Sports. Some people might be excited by that possibility!

This sort of thing definitely requires Emmet verification

It comes with the total former guarantee of authenticity. That's money in the bank right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Not sure why they are doing the draw on the same day the football Premiership fixtures are announced. Meaning the draw will get even less coverage in the UK than it would normally get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Final's in Lyon according to Telegraph, and could be a double header with CC final.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/european-rugby/11679982/Champions-Cup-final-to-be-held-in-Lyon-in-2016.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Not sure why they are doing the draw on the same day the football Premiership fixtures are announced. Meaning the draw will get even less coverage in the UK than it would normally get.

People that care will find out either way

Final's in Lyon according to Telegraph, and could be a double header with CC final.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/european-rugby/11679982/Champions-Cup-final-to-be-held-in-Lyon-in-2016.html

This bit is interesting:
    The selection of Stade des Lumières would represent a bold choice for the tournament organisers, who are also poised to announce a raft of radical changes at the draw at their headquarters in Neuchatel, Switzerland

What could they be announcing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

This bit is interesting:

saracens and bath have bye to home semi finals...?

This bit is interesting:

They're shutting down the whole thing and starting a new organisation based out of Dublin called "Extreme Rugby Crowd", it's going to be run equally by the Unions and the participants will have less individual control. A progressive move, and I for one certainly welcome it.

Start your speculation engines!

Me, I've got nothing.

A ban on the choke tackle?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

This bit is interesting:

Hopefully re-scheduling.

Flubber to be implemented in newly designed rugby ball

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

This bit is interesting:

I read it as the double header and the change of date.

No matter what the changes are, I promise to dislike them.

• Advertisement

This bit is interesting:

changes to the bonus point system?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Biarritz to be included as an Honorary life member (Pool 1) in all future competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

They're shutting down the whole thing and starting a new organisation based out of Dublin called "Extreme Rugby Crowd", it's going to be run equally by the Unions and the participants will have less individual control. A progressive move, and I for one certainly welcome it.

I picture the draw just beginning as normal when suddenly theme music plays and Vince McMahon saunters up to the stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,920 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

EPCR On Ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,920 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No matter what the changes are, I promise to dislike them.

So more like; No, Níl, Nej, Non, Nein, No, Nao? ;)

Riskymove wrote: »
    Biarritz to be included as an Honorary life member (Pool 1) in all future competitions

In a group with treviso always.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Home and away matches to be a thing of the past and all games will be double headers in large stadia across Europe

Home and away matches to be a thing of the past and all games will be double headers in large stadia across Europe

All games will be played in Allianz Park

Here we go. Hi Craig.

http://live.epcrugby.com/eng/player1.php

Announcement 1 : Host in 2016 -> Lyon, not a double header. Friday/Saturday as previous
    Announcement 2 : Host in 2017 -> Edinburgh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Please be kind to Ulster Bruce

Advertisement