Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Did anyone buy the Elephone P8000 yet on presale?
    Its coming in bout €190.

If its anything like the presale they had for the P7000 you could be waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Did anyone buy the Elephone P8000 yet on presale?
    Its coming in bout €190.

What's the difference in specs like between the two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

n1ck wrote: »
    What's the difference in specs like between the two?

Give and take but a better battery

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Received my phone from alieexpress a month back (umi zero) with the little cover over the flash missing and the microphone not working. So when I made calls the other person couldn't hear me!

Posted back and they received it Tuesday of last week. Every time I message the seller to check progress, there telling me its in the factory to be fixed and I should be patient.

How long should I give them before opening dispute?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Received my phone from alieexpress a month back (umi zero) with the little cover over the flash missing and the microphone not working. So when I made calls the other person couldn't hear me!

Posted back and they received it Tuesday of last week. Every time I message the seller to check progress, there telling me its in the factory to be fixed and I should be patient.

How long should I give them before opening dispute?
    10 working days from the day they received it before you have a tracking number or proof of postage back to you, that's what it takes Apple and the likes at the longest most of the time.

There's no way it should take the repair longer than that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    10 working days from the day they received it before you have a tracking number or proof of postage back to you, that's what it takes Apple and the likes at the longest most of the time.

There's no way it should take the repair longer than that.

I don't even think they have looked at the phone yet, judging from the replies.

Its a bloody nuisance, considering I ordered it April 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Give them a little more leeway, Apple are recognised for their support with in warranty devices so I think its a bit of a stretch to give UMI the same standards.

Demanding a refund or a replacement phone (politely) is the fastest way to get your phone back I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I searched Mi Recovery on the phone and it came back with a Baidu search pae only. Its not there as any kind of app on the home screens either. I also took a look at this
    http://en.miui.com/thread-35092-1-1.html
    and from those comparison pictures I'm pretty sure its miui 5 I'm on. In the 'About Phone' menu the version comes back as JHECNBF30.0 which doesnt seem to mean a whole lot but the pics on the link above convince me its miui 5

Regards the battery, I'm even more frustrated with it today. I charged it for a good 5 hours yesterday, it went up to 97 and after an hours light web browsing (no vids or music) it was down to 80. This morning I used it for the same again for about 2hrs and its now down to 8% which is pretty woeful imo :( I think it'll have to go back regardless of what line the retailer might try to spin. I'm gonna charge it up again now but I'm not that optimistic tbh

Mi Recovery isn't a phone app. To check if its installed, turn off the phone then turn it on by holding down vol+ and power button.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

What was the name of the seller from aliexpress you z9 mini guys got yours from?

The white has come into stock with a DHL-No duty seller and I wanna know if its the same seeing as how you had no isues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭satguy

Just in case anyone is looking at the VK700 and wants to see if it might be a good phone, I got one from Geekbuying a few days ago, and my son has done a video review of this fine phone, see it below..

All in all, a very nice phone..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

satguy wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is looking at the VK700 and wants to see if it might be a good phone, I got one from Geekbuying a few days ago, and my son has done a video review of this fine phone, see it below..

All in all, a very nice phone..

Thats a great price for the spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭satguy

Yes..

It turned out to be a very good/nice phone. My wife had let her phone fall a smashed her screen, and this was to be a quick replacement phone. A phone that was low cost until I saved the cash to buy a sammy S5 or S6.

But she loves it and will hang on to now, and at €75 I love it too, Just a pitty I used DHL and got nabbed by customs.

I will always use An Post from now on..

Im asking here because you might have experience from an android point of view.

Im looking at an old lumia device to test windows out for my mother, she likes the 925.
    There are sellers like here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lumia-925-original-Nokia-Lumia-925-8MP-camera-4-5inch-touch-screen-LTE-cellphone-in-stock/1248966099.html

that are selling them for about the same as a used one on ebay and most have near flawless reviews.

Has anyone bought an old phone off aliexpress that has been refurbed or new?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

L
    Im looking at an old lumia device to test windows out for my mother, she likes the 925. There are sellers like here

I've seen them on adverts.ie for a similar price. The 830 is supposed to be a very similar device I'm told, if that helps widen your search.

I'm in Switzerland and can get a good condition one on ebay.de for about 100e so might just look into that. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Hi i just bought the Cubot x9,love the phone,I'm on Tesco mobile and every time i make a call i get a warning box telling me that im roaming and am i sure i want to make the call,i know Tesco is roaming off o2 but is there a way to disable this message from popping up every time?
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

chrisire wrote: »
    Hi i just bought the Cubot x9,love the phone,I'm on Tesco mobile and every time i make a call i get a warning box telling me that im roaming and am i sure i want to make the call,i know Tesco is roaming off o2 but is there a way to disable this message from popping up every time?
    Thank you

Settings.
    Sim Managment.
    Roaming.
    Show roaming reminder - Change to never.

It says it can make calls so it's OK to mention it here :D

Anyone grabbed one of these?

http://goo.gl/1kF6WG

The dual OS and specs are tempting but I wonder of storage space would be an issue. Windows 8.1 must take up a fair chunk of that 32gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The only negative in the reviews is 32gb isn't enough for Dual OS

AOSP 5.1 is ~4gb iirc, so even if Win8.1 was only 6gb (yeah right) you'd still be losing close to 10 right off the bat

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Mezcita wrote: »
    Settings.
    Sim Managment.
    Roaming.
    Show roaming reminder - Change to never.

Thank you very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Anyone seen a TCL Meme Da 3S?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 4gs3gs

Anybody hazard a guess how long I'll be waiting for my Elephone P8000?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

A quick note from who has bought a Chinese phone, check what accessories are available for the phone, this could be case replacement parts such as screen etc. I found out the hard way after buying my Landvo L200 it did not have a proper case, in which my own stupidity I dropped and broke the glass.

The speaker driver is terrible headphones sound like an tin can compered to my Samsung and also the ear piece. Despite all I really do like the phone it is very cheap the specs are brilliant, very fast amazing and what it can do for the price I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

abarkie wrote: »
    Anyone seen a TCL Meme Da 3S?

Not suitable for use outside China, very similar to my 'current favourite' the TCL M2U by the looks of things, except for the processor. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

eamonnq wrote: »
    Not suitable for use outside China, very similar to my 'current favourite' the TCL M2U by the looks of things, except for the processor. :D

OK but that's 5.5"

I am looking for :

5" Max screen
    4G - On O2
    Dual Sim

Preferably Snapdragon

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

abarkie wrote: »
    OK but that's 5.5"

I am looking for :

5" Max screen
    4G - On O2
    Dual Sim

Preferably Snapdragon

Any suggestions?

The Xiaomi Mi3 has an 800, while the Mi4 has an 801. The Mi4i and the Nubia Z9 Mini both have a 615. All four are 5"-ers.

Edit - Mi3 is 3g only.

corwill wrote:
    The Xiaomi Mi3 has an 800, while the Mi4 has an 801. The Mi4i and the Nubia Z9 Mini both have a 615. All four are 5"-ers.

corwill wrote:
    Edit - Mi3 is 3g only.

corwill wrote:

Mi4 seems to be pretty fragile, its a beautiful device but not really up for any rough treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 podgey1992

The last time I posted on the old thread as a newbie looking for an android phone you guys directed me towards the Motorola MotoG, which has been a great phone for the past year or more, but is currently slowing down quite a bit, and I'd like to upgrade to a phone which has a bigger screen and a much better camera.

Ideally I'd like to spend under 200 quid all in, with customs and delivery etc included.

Are there any popular/reliable phones within my price bracket which fit the specs that I should be looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

The original Chinese Android Phones thread appears to be still open.

Can a Mod go in and turn all the lights off and lock the doors please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Got asked to be a shill in mail today :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement