Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardinal suggests Irish voters are worse than the pagans

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

chrysagon wrote: »
    Interesting when u listen this week about Brendan Smith and his evil ways, awful to hear about ways the Catholic church refusal to get the Gardaí involved, cardinal Brady has a lot to answer for!!

Actually the gardai were aware of some of brendan smyths activities for a long time but did nothing. It just shows what kind of state this was then. Total deference to the catholic church.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

mg1982 wrote: »
    Actually the gardai were aware of some of brendan smyths activities for a long time but did nothing. It just shows what kind of state this was then. Total deference to the catholic church.

True MG, Gardaí turned their backs as well... no one will ever have to answer for these crimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

chrysagon wrote: »
    Interesting when u listen this week about Brendan Smith and his evil ways, awful to hear about ways the Catholic church refusal to get the Gardaí involved, cardinal Brady has a lot to answer for!!

How that creep Brady became and remained leader of the Roman catholic church in Ireland is absolutely beyond me. He should have been forced to resign or even charged. He was basically rewarded by the Roman church for cover-up. His "work-to-rule" excuse around his role in the oath to secrecy on abused children is absolutely disgusting. The people of Ireland should have forced him to resign but alas the sheep kept their heads down every Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭volchitsa

How that creep Brady became and remained leader of the Roman catholic church in Ireland is absolutely beyond me. He should have been forced to resign or even charged. He was basically rewarded by the Roman church for cover-up. His "work-to-rule" excuse around his role in the oath to secrecy on abused children is absolutely disgusting. The people of Ireland should have forced him to resign but alas the sheep kept their heads down every Sunday.

This.

A thousand times. I can't understand it. In a way I'm sorry I'd already stopped going to church some time before that all came out about Brady, it meant I couldn't make a point about leaving because of him.

But how any residual members could accept being walked over like that by the Vatican is just utterly beyond me. He should have been forced to resign, not "forced" to stay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

if an ordinary decent citizen in this country withholds evidence he/she can face a criminal charge.... Brady seemly is above the law!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

What about pagans executing Christians in the amphitheatres around Roman Europe , in fact it was the shared collective consciousness of suffering and persecution that helped Christianity thrive. You have a selective bias ?

kylith wrote: »
    Didn't happen. There is no record of Christians being killed in the Colosseum outside of Christian sources. http://www.the-colosseum.net/history/martyrium_en.htm

Do you even read the links you post :mad: did the poster say The Coliseum? (answer no they didn't!) there's loads of amphitheaters in the Roman empire and a number in Rome itself.
    Tacticus is a non Christian source (he's possibly the most famous Historian ever so its a fairly major omission if your the one claiming the "factual" high ground) that mentions the punishment of Christians with methods that were traditional carried out as a public spectacle.
    seamus wrote: »
    Some of them sure did. There was a good documentary a few weeks back about how they reckon the bog bodies found all over Ireland and the UK are likely high kings or other members of high society who were sacrificed in order to appease the Gods after a bad harvest.

Why your trying to give the impression it was mainly Kings that were sacrificed, Bog bodies (with the "triple death" etc), there is outside observer accounts of human sacrifice in regions with a similar culture (obviously no internal documentary evidence being mainly pre-literate) and there is evidence from a number of sites for potential human sacrifice, Lagore Crannog being a commonly known example. Its going to be extremely hard to prove if someone is convinced they only sacrificed Kings in the Bog body ritual manner but I would say the balance of evidence is that they did not.

I'm certain this post will get way less thanks than Kyliths factually incorrect post (and its all about the thanks) because it contains to many facts and not enough Christianity bashing

Advertisement