Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Third World War on the cards.

Options
  • 25-05-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Has the entire Ukrainian crisis been a fantastic case of maskirovka on the part of NATO?

Some subtle prodding of the Russian bear and manipulation of media to paint Putin's Russia as the aggressor. This article gives a fascinating perspective on the flipside of our EU-centric views.

It takes two to tango.

http://humansarefree.com/2014/05/cold-war-2-has-begun-us-and-nato-are.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Russia Cannot win a Conventional war with the EU and will not try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Will I bring the washing in off the line so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I haven't heard anything about Ukraine or Crimea in ages, now that you mention it.

Maybe it wasn't such a big deal after all and someone in the media thought it would be a good idea to stir shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

No there isn't. No one wants a major war. Most countries are deeply interconnected economically and tradewise. Not to mention cultural links and descendents etc.

This blip is temporary insanity that is curable through honest negotiations and compromise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

How old is too old to be conscripted? I'm 30 and am eager to please MILFs on the homefront.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I thought egginacup would be the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

catallus wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything about Ukraine or Crimea in ages, now that you mention it.

Maybe it wasn't such a big deal after all and someone in the media thought it would be a good idea to stir shíte.

I work in Poland and there's a lot of concern here. They have home defense militias being set up and citizens joining gun clubs. Lots of nerves here.

c_man wrote: »
    How old is too old to be conscripted? I'm 30 and am eager to please MILFs on the homefront.

You would probably still be fine the none EU army :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

They have a great source within the secret US government.
    Top news source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Balmed Out wrote: »
    They have a great source within the secret US government.
    Top news source.

You mean top men.

TOP......MEN......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,846 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Reiver wrote: »
    I work in Poland and there's a lot of concern here. They have home defense militias being set up and citizens joining gun clubs. Lots of nerves here.

You're living in a country which has only existed in it's current form for a few years. It will get bigger and smaller as time goes on, just like in the past. History does not stand still.

In 1492, the territory of Poland-Lithuania - not counting the fiefs of Mazovia, Moldavia, and East Prussia - covered 1,115,000 km2 (431,000 sq mi), making it the largest territory in Europe; by 1793, it had fallen to 215,000 km2 (83,000 sq mi), the same size as Great Britain, and in 1795, it disappeared completely.[4] The first 20th-century incarnation of Poland, the Second Polish Republic, occupied 389,720 km2 (150,470 sq mi), while, since 1945, a more westerly Poland covered 312,677 km2 (120,725 sq mi).[5]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

We are already in WW3 but its economic instead of use of arms

With who ?

You're living in a country which has only existed in it's current form for a few years. It will get bigger and smaller as time goes on, just like in the past. History does not stand still.

In 1492, the territory of Poland-Lithuania - not counting the fiefs of Mazovia, Moldavia, and East Prussia - covered 1,115,000 km2 (431,000 sq mi), making it the largest territory in Europe; by 1793, it had fallen to 215,000 km2 (83,000 sq mi), the same size as Great Britain, and in 1795, it disappeared completely.[4] The first 20th-century incarnation of Poland, the Second Polish Republic, occupied 389,720 km2 (150,470 sq mi), while, since 1945, a more westerly Poland covered 312,677 km2 (120,725 sq mi).[5]

The Baltic states are nervous as well. Everyone feels South Ossetia and Crimea were just the starter. Belarus, Poland and others are the main course.

The Baltic states are nervous as well. Everyone feels South Ossetia and Crimea were just the starter. Belarus, Poland and others are the main course.

NATO members will be fine.

You are probably as far away from South Ossetia as you are from Ireland. A little local difficulty in Central Europe is par for the course and hardly any indicator of Global Conflict Number Three.

http://www.euratlas.net/history/europe/2000/index.html

One thing guaranteed, that map will not stay the same. It never has in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

A Third World War is sorely needed. It's benefits will be wide reaching. Just like the two before it.

Firstly it will thin out the herd.

It will advance science and medicine.

mad muffin wrote: »
    A Third World War is sorely needed. It's benefits will be wide reaching. Just like the two before it.

That's a very simplistic view.

War is God's pruning knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Hmm, definite lack of MILFs though.

Wtf can I get with three packs of nylon pantyhose and a pack of smokes?

• Advertisement

You are probably as far away from South Ossetia as you are from Ireland. A little local difficulty in Central Europe is par for the course and hardly any indicator of Global Conflict Number Three.

http://www.euratlas.net/history/europe/2000/index.html

One thing guaranteed, that map will not stay the same. It never has in the past.

It was a little "local difficulty" in what we called the Polish Corridor that sparked off the largest war the world has ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,531 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The best night out of your life............in Mullingar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Russia Cannot win a Conventional war with the EU and will not try.

Because the EU don't have an army???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Off with you so, my good man

Well, correct on point one, but if the war is fierce enough and goes nuclear, technology and medicine will be back to the stone age!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

A.Einstein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

France would just surrender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Panti Bliss?

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

A.Einstein

Same guy who did not believe in Black holes so no need to fix his calculations ? Not always right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tipparetops

It is in every nations interest to go nuclear.
    When a nation gets the bomb, no one ****s with them.
    Ukraine's biggest mistake was giving up their nuclear arsenal.
    Best advice for Poland, Baltic States etc, is to buy some nukes.

Advertisement