Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro12 final buildup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭phog

Two of top players missing for the final and we're without TOD too.

Still think we can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

CGKxtsuWEAAYJ4X.jpg

Niko on the bench. He'll get quite a reception when he comes on.

Nakarawa starts this week, that is worrying. Absolutely brilliant player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

This is going to be tough. Munster are missing a handful of important front-line players, including two of our three world-class players (Murray and POM).

Whatever the outcome, this is going to be quite a bitter-sweet game. I couldn't enjoy last week's win due to it being POC's last game in Thomond, I don't know how I'll feel about this being POC's last ever game in Munster red. If POC plays on for another 2 years, we might yet see him pull on two more famous red jerseys though.

Congrats to Denis Hurley on his role as captain. A fantastic way to end an impressive season where he has reinvented himself as a centre.

Botha making his 100th appearance for us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Glasgow with Matawalu scoring a last minute try with a swan dive
    Hard to know where to give the nod here. Still a decent Munster pack, but I think the Glasgow backs offer more as a group and yet the forecast is for rain by kick off. The amount of tickets which will probably find their way to Munster fans might just carry them home.

Munster 22-17 Glasgow or so......

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,227 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Glasgow
    my neutral head is saying Glasgow by 3-5 points... mainly due to two factors

1. munster without POM and especially murray becomes significantly less controlling
    2. glasgows half backs are better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Glasgow
    If we win without Murray, it'd be some achievement. His loss is almost incalculable; we got humiliated by Saracens without him. No POM either and the pack just loses a little edge, and no TOD either.

Butler did well the last day and Holland has had a fine season but Ryan lacks the dynamism of POM, he'll bring a lot of physicality for sure but there's now a big emphasis on Killer & Stander as carriers. POM as a defensive lineout option is class too.

The Glasgow team looks strong as well, I just worry about what we can do without Murray :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Glasgow
    In fairness Williams played most of the game last week, came on when it was 3 all on the 16 min mark, and played well.

The Glasgow team does look strong but they looked like a team who didn't know how to win a big match last weekend. They have been wobbling a bit recently too, that draw against Leinster, losing to Ospreys, they weren't great against Ulster either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭blackdog1

My money's on munster. Ulster took Glasgow apart at set piece but weren't ruthless enough. Munster will do the same but think they ll take their chances

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Glasgow
    Anyone know of any bar in Dubrovnik that might be showing the match? A few Irish bars in old town, just thought I'd chance asking here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Glasgow
    I'm gutted for Munster that Murray is out - Williams did well last week, so fingers crossed for ye. Should be a cracking match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

blackdog1 wrote: »
    My money's on munster. Ulster took Glasgow apart at set piece but weren't ruthless enough. Munster will do the same but think they ll take their chances

Glasgow 6-10 is a far stronger which could be telling. munster missing 3 internationals (6n winners) is a huge loss

Keatley cannot have another shocker if munster are to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I want Munster to win but think Glasgow will edge it - they have been consistent for the Season.
    The loss of Murray is big but Duncan has shown that he can supply a decent standard. His box-kicks have been read too easily and blocked, so I hope this aspect has been improved.
    Will Jekyll or Hyde play at 10?...

Almost ready to hit the road.

Safe journey to all the travelling support. Hope its a great game most of all a Munster Win.

G'wan Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone doing a match thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Glasgow
    I think that Glasgow are the better team on paper, especially given Munster injuries, but they haven't impressed in recent weeks. If Munster can cut out the errors we saw last week, then they'll do it.

Munster to win, should be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Glasgow with Matawalu scoring a last minute try with a swan dive
    Heart says Munster but head says Glasgow. If Ian Keatley has another kicking nightmare like last week and Duncan Williams doesn't turn in his best performance ever...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

If it is O'Connell's last game in red I think this Munster team are gonna be really up for it like never before.
    Don't know if that's enough to beat Glasgow but let's hope so.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Any of ye hitting town for this??

P.S. Where's the pints sticky gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Hermy wrote: »
    If it is O'Connell's last game in red I think this Munster team are gonna be really up for it like never before.
    Don't know if that's enough to beat Glasgow but let's hope so.

Could say the same for Glasgow and Aly Kellock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Glasgow
    To be honest, I can't see Munster losing this one and that's not sandbagging. They've a much better pedigree, will have the support and have the better players as well as being bang in form. They'll miss Murray and POM but Glasgow don't have Bennett, Dunbar, Maitland, Grant or Murray in their 23.

I expect them to front up and squeeze out the win by 6-10.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What times kick off lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

18.30 I think

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

moleyv wrote: »
    18.30 I think

Yeah looked it up :) it's the one Saturday of the month where ohs adult kids are over so the logistics of feeding and watering them had to be factored in

Off to Duffys in Malahide we shall be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Munster to win this. They have to do this for POC.

Keatley needs to remember how to kick properly from the tee. Some of his kicks were like something you'd see in an U12 game.

Love to see Paulie lift the trophy. Unbelievable stalwart for Munster and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Objectively a win for Glasgow is healthier for the competition and will do a lot more for Scottish rugby than a win for Munster will do here. POC's last game for Munster though and I'd prefer an Irish win.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Anyone know a pub in London / East London showing this during the soccer?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Think Munster will win. Don't see Keatley kicking that bad 2 weeks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

"We want to win this game ya know" Anthony Foley.

I bloody well hope so, it's the League Final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Good luck to Munster this evening. Hope you do it.

I have one query of the Pro 12. Why is the Pro 12 final clashing with the FA Cup final?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement