Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro12 final buildup

Options
  • 25-05-2015 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

So let's dive into this one, Matawalu style...

Murray has an MCL injury, it's not thought to be serious but it's very unlikely he will be available. Zebo is following RTA protocols and POM, who was pretty quiet against Ospreys, is managing a hip flexor problem.

Given the Ulster reaction to the semi-final defeat, our Northern brothers will be firmly behind Munster so the atmosphere should be very pro-Munster! Not that it wouldn't be anyway I'm sure.

Who will win? 77 votes

Munster
    0%
    Glasgow
    76%
    demacDeagolmoby2101KiithAkrasiaIcebergGoldsteintesticleTristrambudhabobbuck65ec18DigifriendlyKristopherusMiley Byrneblegmatthew8duckysauce2smiggyvang 59 votes
    Glasgow with Matawalu scoring a last minute try with a swan dive
    23%
    peckerheadjustsomeblokecruiserweightBeansBeansJelloNiall06yosser hugheserrlloydjack01986neiliog93Larbre34wp_ratheadTheGoldenAgesDel.Montekuang1Glass Prison 1214Bridge93sydneybound 18 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Glasgow

Made me chuckle a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Glasgow
    That's a pretty poor promo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Glasgow
    Glasgow are going to have their own injury issues I'd say; Kellock left very early, Fusaro too and Stuart Hogg really didn't look comfortable. Would be a shame if the final was denied some of the best players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Glasgow
    Would we shout for Ulster in Thomond Park? I'm not sure think most neutrals would like to see the Cup go to a Scottish team, in fairness they need it a bit more than we do with the game in the doldrums there.
    Glasgow have been fantastic for this league the past few seasons and the atmosphere at the semi was brilliant to see. I would be shouting for them if it wasn't against Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Glasgow
    I think Munster will win this, btw. Glasgow just haven't impressed the last two weeks; the Ulster B-team had them on the ropes and the first team should have closed it out on Friday. If Munster can be more clinical than they were on Saturday, cut out all the missed tackles and presumably Keatley won't have the same nightmare he had, then I think they'll win.

Murray is a big loss but in fairness Williams did very well. Zebo didn't play well IMO so they'll cope without him but they really need POM to be firing fit.

I think the home crowd will be 100% behind Munster. Or more correctly, 100% against Glasgow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I hope Munster win but I'd be fearful for them. Too many flakey backs and Glasgow are a good team. Matawalu might have been the bogey man against Ulster but his antics didn't decide the game. Glasgow hung on in there even when being dominated and outplayed. Hopefully there'll be a thrilling finale after two great semis, with an Irish team winning again. :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

buck65 wrote: »
    Would we shout for Ulster in Thomond Park? I'm not sure think most neutrals would like to see the Cup go to a Scottish team, in fairness they need it a bit more than we do with the game in the doldrums there.
    Glasgow have been fantastic for this league the past few seasons and the atmosphere at the semi was brilliant to see. I would be shouting for them if it wasn't against Munster.

Any Ulster fans there (of which there will be many) will want Glasgow soundly beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

but they really need POM to be firing fit.

I don't think POM has been 100% for a while. He was quiet against Ospreys and is probably playing through it until he can rest up in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Glasgow
    Well I'll be shouting for Munster. It might be good for the league if Glasgow were to win, but I think Munster are the better team - I just hope they play well enough to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭phog

Tickets sorted so were making a day trip out it, will be wrecked from the drive but couldn't miss out on the final.

My first trip back to Ravenhill since 2007 hope we have a similar result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'd be cheering for Munster anyway but wouldn't have minded seeing Glasgow win, but now I think Matawalu will have most neutrals cheering against them.

Glasgow
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'd be cheering for Munster anyway but wouldn't have minded seeing Glasgow win, but now I think Matawalu will have most neutrals cheering against them.

He has really got under everyone's skin, including mine, but there are 22 other players in the matchday squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

vienne86 wrote: »
    He has really got under everyone's skin, including mine, but there are 22 other players in the matchday squad.

Yeah, I made the same point in the match day thread myself.

phog wrote: »
    Tickets sorted so were making a day trip out it, will be wrecked from the drive but couldn't miss out on the final.

My first trip back to Ravenhill since 2007 hope we have a similar result.

Limerick to Belfast in a day trip is serious dedication.

Should have stayed overnight phog! Get out on the town after the game for some chats with the lovely women of Belfast.

Glasgow
    awec wrote: »

Tis quicker than you think now with Newland's Cross sorted. Don't hang around and you'd do it in 3 hours 30mins.

Glasgow
    Buer wrote: »
    Tis quicker than you think now with Newland's Cross sorted. Don't hang around and you'd do it in 3 hours 30mins.

It's still a lot of driving - fair play to you. Hope you have a brilliant day in Belfast!

Should have stayed overnight phog! Get out on the town after the game for some chats with the lovely women of Belfast.

Simply put, couldn't afford it as I'd be paying for at least three and possibly 4 adults.

We can share the driving. Still a long day but doable, just hope it's worth it.

As an aside - I bought West Terrace tickets @ £29.50 per ticket which amounted to €42.50 per ticket :(

• Subscribers Posts: 41,220 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Glasgow
    ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The exchange rate is mad at the moment. You can only imagine the nightmare the Irish/French/SH clubs are having to deal with in competing with the British clubs this summer.

Hopefully we'll see Munster score a bit of justice for that on the weekend!

Simply put, couldn't afford it as I'd be paying for at least three and possibly 4 adults.

We can share the driving. Still a long day but doable, just hope it's worth it.

As an aside - I bought West Terrace tickets @ £29.50 per ticket which amounted to €42.50 per ticket :(
    Yea every time I go home now it costs me an absolute fortune. :(

You will not do it in 3.5 hours like Buer said. It's about 2 hours 20 from Clare to Dublin, and then about another 2 from Dublin to Belfast. You are probably closer to 4.5 than 3.5.

If you get up early before the game then the Errigle Inn on the Ormeau Road is a popular rugby bar.

Ravenhill sells Murphys too rather than Guinness which will probably please all you Munster ones. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The exchange rate is mad at the moment. You can only imagine the nightmare the Irish/French/SH clubs are having to deal with in competing with the British clubs this summer.

Hopefully we'll see Munster score a bit of justice for that on the weekend!
    It really hit home to me when I was in London for Toulon/Clermont.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Glasgow

You will not do it in 3.5 hours like Buer said. It's about 2 hours 20 from Clare to Dublin, and then about another 2 from Dublin to Belfast. You are probably closer to 4.5 than 3.5.

If you get up early before the game then the Errigle Inn on the Ormeau Road is a popular rugby bar.

Ravenhill sells Murphys too rather than Guinness which will probably please all you Munster ones. :)

AFAIK Phog is Limerick based. I usually do Limerick to Dublin airport in 1hr 50 pretty much sticking to the speed limit.

And only the Cork crowd drink Murphys :D

Glasgow

You're using the accelerator, right?! :pac:

Phog is in Limerick, I believe. To Dublin is easily doable in under 2 hours and same for Dublin to Belfast.

Google Maps has Limerick to Ravenhill as 3 hours 49mins....no bother knocking a bit off that on the motorway.

I'm actually living in Co Clare but only about 5 mins from Thomond Park, heading via O'Briensbridge I can be at the M50 in just about 2hrs.

I reckon I did the Belfast ferry from home in less than 4hrs a few years back but that was early in the morning.

Either way it's a long day but it is also doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Buer wrote: »
    You're using the accelerator, right?! :pac:

Phog is in Limerick, I believe. To Dublin is easily doable in under 2 hours and same for Dublin to Belfast.

Google Maps has Limerick to Ravenhill as 3 hours 49mins....no bother knocking a bit off that on the motorway.

Dublin to Belfast 1h 40mins no problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭merryberry

A bit off topic but if anyone knows a good spot to watch the match in Manhattan can ye let me know

Will the Irish Open or the BH weekend here add extra traffic volumes on the road north on Saturday?

Glasgow
    Will the Irish Open or the BH weekend here add extra traffic volumes on the road north on Saturday?

The golfers would be heading up early, I would think. Also they will leave the motorway just after Newry. I wouldn't say they would affect you.

Glasgow
    Is the match only on Sky?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Glasgow
    vienne86 wrote: »
    Is the match only on Sky?

Also on TG4 and BBC2 Scotland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement