Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meal delivery services

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

GeneralC wrote: »
    I have a quick question - is it best wake up earlier and cook my food for the day? or cook it for 2/3? If so, what is the best way to store meat? in particular, chicken! I don't want to be sick!

How long will sweet potato last in the fridge?

Also, is there a site for easy, quick paelo recipes for complete newbies?

I cook for 5 days in advance (on sunday) and store 4 days food in the fridge and the last day in the freezer which i take out on the 4th day. I cook separately each day at the weekend and then prepare for the next week again sunday.

I store beef (chili) and chicken in the fridge up to four days, sweet potato the same although i'm not fussy with texture etc so it gets a bit soft by day 4.

Loads of places do simple simple recipes online, quick google search and you'' get loads.

one i use is: http://paleoleap.com/10-easy-paleo-recipes-beginners/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

I cook for 5 days in advance (on sunday) and store 4 days food in the fridge and the last day in the freezer which i take out on the 4th day. I cook separately each day at the weekend and then prepare for the next week again sunday.

I store beef (chili) and chicken in the fridge up to four days, sweet potato the same although i'm not fussy with texture etc so it gets a bit soft by day 4.

Loads of places do simple simple recipes online, quick google search and you'' get loads.

one i use is: http://paleoleap.com/10-easy-paleo-recipes-beginners/

Are you sure chicken is safe after 4 days in the fridge? I thought 1/2 days max?! Also, do you reheat it or just it cold with a salad?

Are you sure chicken is safe after 4 days in the fridge? I thought 1/2 days max?! Also, do you reheat it or just it cold with a salad?

i've been doing it for years and i'm still alive, i keep it in sealed tupperware.
    i usually heat it up but if i'm out and about i'll eat it cold no problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'd store 2 and freeze 2,myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Another newbie question! How do I best prepare chicken? I am limited with a table top oven and 2 hobs (student life) Sorry for the silly question

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Frying pan or boil it in a pot of water, for me

Another newbie question! How do I best prepare chicken? I am limited with a table top oven and 2 hobs (student life) Sorry for the silly question
    bluewolf wrote: »
    Frying pan or boil it in a pot of water, for me

Boiled chicken is pretty grim. Get some Coconut oil and use a small amount to pan fry it with some spices

Boiled chicken with jd bbq sauce is heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

In college, I used to spice it up, wrap in tinfoil and boil.

Did not taste grim.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Boiled chicken with jd bbq sauce is heaven

I'd love to know where that falls in to the paleo guidelines :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

For any fellow Cork heads, i discovered Bodychef today. €75 for 5 days worth of 3 meals a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner) delivered to certain spots in and around the city. Or €65 for 5 days worth of 2 meals a day (dinner/lunch). Found them on facebook. Menu for next week is up.

DuffleBag wrote: »
    For any fellow Cork heads, i discovered Bodychef today. €75 for 5 days worth of 3 meals a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner) delivered to certain spots in and around the city. Or €65 for 5 days worth of 2 meals a day (dinner/lunch). Found them on facebook. Menu for next week is up.

Great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

this is old I know but id been struggling with my prep (takes ages and meals were Soooo repetitive)

was looking up this forum and started on bodychef after the rpevious posted recommended it.

food is really good its pricey at 75€ but for me its worth it. delivered to the office every morning 3 meals a day calories carbs protein fat and sugar counted. tasty and portion controlled which for me is vital.

dunno what the stuff in dublin etc is like but a friend of mine in london uses

http://www.paleo-chef.co.uk/5easysteps/

seems like this is a way forward of us lazy girls that want to stay eating well...

Thanks guys!

Advertisement