Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed (Reboot)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamescon Trailer showing real life racers getting involved in the story. I'm liking the cheesiness, just what I was looking for with this. Build a car and mimic one of Ken Block's run? Class!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

This is one game I will be picking up for sure. It looks like it's based in Los Santos ;) judging by the skyscrapers at the start of the trailer.

This has been delayed on PC til March to increase framerate and graphics. Hefty delay. I know ye pc boys like yer 60fps but would ye prefer a 5 month delay 60fps or a day 1 launch 30fps? I thought devs could just be working on a framerate patch in the background or would that be too much of a big ass patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This has been delayed on PC til March to increase framerate and graphics. Hefty delay. I know ye pc boys like yer 60fps but would ye prefer a 5 month delay 60fps or a day 1 launch 30fps? I thought devs could just be working on a framerate patch in the background or would that be too much of a big ass patch?

Personally, 30fps does me fine. I don't have a monster of a pc, and i'm used to 30fps from console gaming, so i'd prefer a game sooner than an increase in fps. However, with such a lengthy delay, i'm sure they're using that as the reason, when realistically, there's probably a helluva lot more wrong with it!

Either way, as long as it works out of the "box", i'll be happy. Well, as long as it's good that is!

They have announced more cars including the new Dodge Viper, happy out. They have a nice mix of tuners myscle and super.

http://www.needforspeed.com/en_GB/customization/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

They have announced more cars including the new Dodge Viper, happy out. They have a nice mix of tuners myscle and super.

This one will do me just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hope the cop AI is good. Cop Ai was the main reason I kept playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

Isn't this the 3rd or 4th NFS title that reuses a title? Most wanted and hot pursuit i believe had previous incarnations before the XBOX 360 versions. Either way I hope it holds up to the usual NFS standard

Just got a code for the beta which starts tomorrow and ends Monday, Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Just got a code for the beta which starts tomorrow and ends Monday, Nice!

Completely forgot to sign up for this :mad::(

If anyone happens to have a PS4 code that they are not using Id appreciate it.
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody got a spare Beta code lying around? Ill swap for a Rainbow Six Beta Code :pac:

Anyone else playing it? Really liking it but feel it will really shine with a crew. Found a couple of people online but they wanted no part of it and kept driving away from me :(

The customisation is fantastic, huge amount of options for both visuals and performance and also tuning hardware to your preference.

The graphics are excellent although it's a bit grainy.

Excellent selection of cars, i see people will have very unique cars going around and not just the same 'highest speed one'.

Most people will hate the cutscenes but i think they're class. Right out of a fast and furious film. I've heard the word Bae being used which is just laughable but i like the cheesiness. Also gives the cars you cruise around with a personality add you get to know who's behind their wheel.

The sense of speed isn't great but i imagine it's because I'm using a starter car with very little performance upgrades.

Wish i could post a few pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Wish i could post a few pics.

Would it work if you took pictures with phone instead of the share feature on the console

Would it work if you took pictures with phone instead of the share feature on the console

There is a constant watermark with my psn name bouncing around the screen. Even if i uploaded a pic and blurred the tag, I'm not chancing having my account banned. Cars look glorious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Is the whole of the map available in the Beta? i hope there's more cos it isn't very big as it is.

Game is really sweet though, graphics are very nice and the handling and physics are well done.

Just checked my email turns out I had a beta code sitting there. Said the beta finished this morning. Going to download on the off chance it still works

Servers are off, already checked and they announced the beta is now closed on twitter.

It was good but the AI driving was awful. They would he ahead in a big group. I would catch up and pass them out for about 10 seconds, then they would all come creaming up and pass me out for about 10 seconds and it kept going like this until the end so it just turned out who ever was flukey enough to be rubberbanded to the front by the end would win. Made some of the races awful and not fun at all. This was happening on tracks with a lot of straights and gente bends so was going full pelt but the AI decided nope, have to make the race look good and slingshot everyone else past, very annoying when it happened just before the finish line.

Servers are off, already checked and they announced the beta is now closed on twitter.

It was good but the AI driving was awful. They would he ahead in a big group. I would catch up and pass them out for about 10 seconds, then they would all come creaming up and pass me out for about 10 seconds and it kept going like this until the end so it just turned out who ever was flukey enough to be rubberbanded to the front by the end would win. Made some of the races awful and not fun at all. This was happening on tracks with a lot of straights and gente bends so was going full pelt but the AI decided nope, have to make the race look good and slingshot everyone else past, very annoying when it happened just before the finish line.

Ah that's cap so was looking to maybe playing an hour of it at least :(

I absolutely detest that stupid rubber banding crap

A guy has a video up from the Beta, I recommend muting your man though.

• Advertisement

Just filled out the beta survey. Went to town on the rubberband ai. That will wreck the game for me, made the beta boring and not pushed going onto the next race. Hope they tone it down as c the graphics, cars and customisation are brilliant.

Devs said they have taken feedback on board and making changes, primarily to AI Rubberbanding and the wrap editor where you couldn't mirror decals on one side of the car to the other, crazy thing to leave out.
    “Please can I mirror a design in the Wrap Editor” you asked, and a lot of you asked this! We’re pleased to confirm that this indeed a feature that’s coming to the Wrap Editor in a future content update. We’ll have more details on this a bit closer to the time.

The progression speed was an area some of you commented on, in particular how you felt you could quickly achieve a garage full of customized rides. The economy, both money and REP continue to be balanced and on launch you will find progression is now at a more normal pace.

A number of you mentioned the speed in which the AI drove and their competitiveness. This is also something that has been tweaked and improved upon for the full release. When you hit the streets of Ventura Bay at launch you’ll find AI competitors aren’t as propelled by rocket fuel as they were at times during the Closed Beta.

Played the trial on EA access.

The live actors thing is interesting and was a lot better than I was expecting.

The driving to me seemed rubbish though especialy after only completing Forza Horizon 2 which I thought was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played the trial on EA access.

The live actors thing is interesting and was a lot better than I was expecting.

The driving to me seemed rubbish though especialy after only completing Forza Horizon 2 which I thought was great.

I tried it on EA access last night too. I did not even needed full 10h trial. It got uninstalled after my first session.

AI is just horrible. There is no actual challange with them or fair game. They randomly jump in front of you no matter how fast you go or right before finish, they magically slow down, so you over take them without any effort. Its just scripted and not racing.
    Controls and camera work just feel rubbery and all over the place. They kind of pushing this drift mechanic, which makes you go for drift every time to break.
    Visuals wise it is really average at best. Alot of AA and it all looks way too blurred. I am not a fan of AA on PC games, but its even worse when they do it on consoles.
    The live acting is just cringy. I know it has to be cheesy, but come on. I just could not wait for them to shut the **** up.

Such a shame. It could have been such a great reboot. I am happy I was able to try it out with EA access.

AI is just horrible. There is no actual challange with them or fair game. They randomly jump in front of you no matter how fast you go or right before finish, they magically slow down, so you over take them without any effort. Its just scripted and not racing.

That's very disappointing to hear. That was my biggest complaint about the beta and the said they would be tweaking the ai for launch, guess not. I felt the same, like the races were scripted, no challenge, no skill, that kind of racing gets very boring very fast.

Races are defo scripted.

One of the first races you have to race your AI mates to a diner. I lead the whole way with no crashes and then 3 of them pass me at the last second.

A scripted racing game is just a terrible idea.

I didnt mind the live actor stuff but after playing it a bit more, there are far too many cut scenes.

I can see reviews for this in and around the 6's.

Launch trailer. Looks class plus Gangsta's Paradise :cool: Gonna wait for reviews on this one, the AI is completely putting me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

played it for 45 minutes and hated every aspect of the game,the live actors thing is cringey to say the least and the cars handling and AI is abysmal.

• Advertisement

Played some more of the trial and it really is awful.

Uninstalled it there.

Advertisement