Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need for Speed (Reboot)

• 21-05-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭

New Need for Speed announced and will have a showing at E3. The full name is 'Need for Speed' so looks to be a reboot and going back to Underground roots which is great news imo.
    Need for Speed returns in Fall 2015 to PS4, Xbox One and PC in an action driving experience that unites the culture of speed

The new NFS game will feature deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

To the windoooooow.....

NFSU was amazing so I can't wait for this. Damn you EA, luring me in with your nostalgia siren song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Not even growing up around racing culture (well in Ireland you know what I mean), could make me fatigued of this song and game. Loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NFSU 1 was my favourite NFS game. Hopefully they make it like the Crew but with actually good driving physics and keep it to 1 large city, maybe 2 or 3. Have a crew system and take on other crews online, a bit like Drive Club but to have a bigger cap than 6 members.

Also, hopefully have at least 6 Lil Jon songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Adamantium wrote: »
    Not even growing up around racing culture (well in Ireland you know what I mean), could make me fatigued of this song and game. Loved it.

Oh man I loved that tune. Great post. Brought back memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Need for Speed Underground was the best followed closely by the second one.I didnt like the introduction of the cops.

Man when you first get the Nissan Skyline near the end.Good memories.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

If this isn't similar to the NFSU games then that'll be a pretty big blow to future NFS games I think. This teaser has got people like me who gave up on NFS years ago excited about a new NFS game again. If it isn't an arcade style street racing game with almost limitless customisable options then I'll go back to just disregarding the franchise again and I'd say a lot of people are like this.

Ideally the open world would be like burnout paradise's where you can just go online and mess around with random players or join friends worlds or enter friendly and competitive races. Would be unreal if they hosted some competitions as well and got the best players to compete.

MOST important - the soundtrack has to be on absolute point! A generous mix of dance, rock and hip hop with some classics and up-to-date songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

If this isn't similar to the NFSU games then that'll be a pretty big blow to future NFS games I think. This teaser has got people like me who gave up on NFS years ago excited about a new NFS game again.

i agree, the last few out havent held interest as much as underground and the likes, speaking of which think it's about time i ressurrect NFS:Underground on my new system :D

Looks like the release date has been leaked as 3rd November from Xbox store, though that might be a place holder but sounds about right for an NFS game.

Looks like there are overlapping stories through 'career' mode and..
    Apparently there'll be five "ways to play" called Speed, Style, Build, Crew and Outlaw.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/28/need-for-speed-reboot-release-date-and-features-leak?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I liked Hot Pursuit most because of the Cops stuff.... There.... I said it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah, Nfs underground 1 and 2 timeS... Had full soundtracks of both in my very first car. Mazda 626 coupe. And yes, it had neon lightning underneath. :D Ah, when I was still young and stupid!
    Looking forward to this. Most likely get it on pc amd I really hope G27 support will be good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Need for Speed will require an online connection.

An offline mode has not yet been confirmed.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Need for Speed will require an online connection.

An offline mode has not yet been confirmed.

Ohhhhh this should be good /gets popcorn :pac:

The amount of whinging this will cause should be good for a giggle.

Not surprised at all. All racers seem to be geared to an always online world now to collect your times and post to your fwends on how much better you are than them. I see this going the way of the crew but I can't see how always being online would have an impact on the overlapping story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Cormac... wrote: »
    I liked Hot Pursuit most because of the Cops stuff.... There.... I said it

Indeed :)

Loved playing it online too.

This is looking class. Was there no Gameplay vid at E3? Just saw that flashy trailer.

image_0.img.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It was at the EA show last night and it looked awful imo. Terrible physics and the way camera moves during drifting is sickening. It does look nice with the Frostbite 3 engine though but everything else is a let down.

Just looked it up.....nononononnonononnoNONONNONONNONONO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!

What kind of horrible drift cam is that? Surely that can be turned off. Game looks nice until the car starts drifting, looks like a mobile game. Even if it had a regular camera, the sliding looks atrocious, like a game for 5 year olds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Better be able to turn that camera off. Other that that, looks good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Yeah that camera's a load of sh!t

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A return to its Underground roots?
    What horsesh1te is this?
    By my reckoning the Underground games didn't turn up until some six games into the series.
    The game was about driving exotic cars very fast on open roads, not this modding culture muck.
    I really didn't like the Underground titles, nor the likes of Carbon that followed.
    Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit seemed to getting back to the series roots, sad if they are going back to car modding again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 johnniewalk

Good Entertainment game which provides a fantastic game experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Looks good!

and also crisis averted as the camera can be changed.

wSSLsaK.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Thank feck to that, the Underground series was the last NFS I actually liked and this looks like a return to that. Think I'll keep an eye on this one.

Yeah after underground 2 I lost my interest. Carbon was ok but wasn't enough to keep my interested. I'm in need of a good car racing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A return to its Underground roots?
    What horsesh1te is this?
    By my reckoning the Underground games didn't turn up until some six games into the series.
    The game was about driving exotic cars very fast on open roads, not this modding culture muck.
    I really didn't like the Underground titles, nor the likes of Carbon that followed.
    Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit seemed to getting back to the series roots, sad if they are going back to car modding again.

Hot Persuit. I'd totally forgot about that. Back to the days of Pentuim III and a 16mb TNT card :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Hot Persuit. I'd totally forgot about that. Back to the days of Pentuim III and a 16mb TNT card :pac::pac:

I own them all, from the original on the 3DO to the brilliant NFS Hot Pursuit and Road Challenge on the PC and PS, to the amazing Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2 and then Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit on the PS3/360, I even have the WiiU game as well!
    But the likes of Underground, its sequel and Carbon, all that night driving in pimped out Japanese cars, no thanks.
    Unless the roster includes Lamborghini, Ferrari and Zonda I'll be disappointed.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I own them all, from the original on the 3DO to the brilliant NFS Hot Pursuit and Road Challenge on the PC and PS, to the amazing Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2 and then Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit on the PS3/360, I even have the WiiU game as well!
    But the likes of Underground, its sequel and Carbon, all that night driving in pimped out Japanese cars, no thanks.
    Unless the roster includes Lamborghini, Ferrari and Zonda I'll be disappointed.

To be fair the past couple of games have mostly been filled with super cars, It's good that it's going back to the tuner style that it had in underground. It will more then likely include exotic cars but not to many I hope. I much prefer to buy a bog standard opel corsa and mod the crap out of it.

Yeah I could do without the supers for a while, a lot of the racers lately where everyone picks the same couple of cars. Would much prefer a lot of tuners that you can mod to similar stats making a fair race but with some variety.

Hopefully it will have a diesel Peugeot 106. Stick on the widest kit going, massive alloys and the biggest boooo sound from the turbo BOV! :P

• Advertisement

Devs released 2 in-engine pics beside photo's of what they're based off. Granted they won't look this good in-game but shows what the engine is capable of. Unbelieveable.

need_for_speed_comparison_1-1152x768.jpg

Gamescon Trailer showing real life racers getting involved in the story. I'm liking the cheesiness, just what I was looking for with this. Build a car and mimic one of Ken Block's run? Class!

This is one game I will be picking up for sure. It looks like it's based in Los Santos ;) judging by the skyscrapers at the start of the trailer.

This has been delayed on PC til March to increase framerate and graphics. Hefty delay. I know ye pc boys like yer 60fps but would ye prefer a 5 month delay 60fps or a day 1 launch 30fps? I thought devs could just be working on a framerate patch in the background or would that be too much of a big ass patch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This has been delayed on PC til March to increase framerate and graphics. Hefty delay. I know ye pc boys like yer 60fps but would ye prefer a 5 month delay 60fps or a day 1 launch 30fps? I thought devs could just be working on a framerate patch in the background or would that be too much of a big ass patch?

Personally, 30fps does me fine. I don't have a monster of a pc, and i'm used to 30fps from console gaming, so i'd prefer a game sooner than an increase in fps. However, with such a lengthy delay, i'm sure they're using that as the reason, when realistically, there's probably a helluva lot more wrong with it!

Either way, as long as it works out of the "box", i'll be happy. Well, as long as it's good that is!

They have announced more cars including the new Dodge Viper, happy out. They have a nice mix of tuners myscle and super.

http://www.needforspeed.com/en_GB/customization/

• Advertisement

They have announced more cars including the new Dodge Viper, happy out. They have a nice mix of tuners myscle and super.

This one will do me just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hope the cop AI is good. Cop Ai was the main reason I kept playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

Isn't this the 3rd or 4th NFS title that reuses a title? Most wanted and hot pursuit i believe had previous incarnations before the XBOX 360 versions. Either way I hope it holds up to the usual NFS standard

Just got a code for the beta which starts tomorrow and ends Monday, Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Just got a code for the beta which starts tomorrow and ends Monday, Nice!

Completely forgot to sign up for this :mad::(

If anyone happens to have a PS4 code that they are not using Id appreciate it.
    Many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody got a spare Beta code lying around? Ill swap for a Rainbow Six Beta Code :pac:

Anyone else playing it? Really liking it but feel it will really shine with a crew. Found a couple of people online but they wanted no part of it and kept driving away from me :(

The customisation is fantastic, huge amount of options for both visuals and performance and also tuning hardware to your preference.

The graphics are excellent although it's a bit grainy.

Excellent selection of cars, i see people will have very unique cars going around and not just the same 'highest speed one'.

Most people will hate the cutscenes but i think they're class. Right out of a fast and furious film. I've heard the word Bae being used which is just laughable but i like the cheesiness. Also gives the cars you cruise around with a personality add you get to know who's behind their wheel.

The sense of speed isn't great but i imagine it's because I'm using a starter car with very little performance upgrades.

Wish i could post a few pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Wish i could post a few pics.

Would it work if you took pictures with phone instead of the share feature on the console

Would it work if you took pictures with phone instead of the share feature on the console

There is a constant watermark with my psn name bouncing around the screen. Even if i uploaded a pic and blurred the tag, I'm not chancing having my account banned. Cars look glorious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Is the whole of the map available in the Beta? i hope there's more cos it isn't very big as it is.

Game is really sweet though, graphics are very nice and the handling and physics are well done.

Just checked my email turns out I had a beta code sitting there. Said the beta finished this morning. Going to download on the off chance it still works

Servers are off, already checked and they announced the beta is now closed on twitter.

It was good but the AI driving was awful. They would he ahead in a big group. I would catch up and pass them out for about 10 seconds, then they would all come creaming up and pass me out for about 10 seconds and it kept going like this until the end so it just turned out who ever was flukey enough to be rubberbanded to the front by the end would win. Made some of the races awful and not fun at all. This was happening on tracks with a lot of straights and gente bends so was going full pelt but the AI decided nope, have to make the race look good and slingshot everyone else past, very annoying when it happened just before the finish line.

Servers are off, already checked and they announced the beta is now closed on twitter.

It was good but the AI driving was awful. They would he ahead in a big group. I would catch up and pass them out for about 10 seconds, then they would all come creaming up and pass me out for about 10 seconds and it kept going like this until the end so it just turned out who ever was flukey enough to be rubberbanded to the front by the end would win. Made some of the races awful and not fun at all. This was happening on tracks with a lot of straights and gente bends so was going full pelt but the AI decided nope, have to make the race look good and slingshot everyone else past, very annoying when it happened just before the finish line.

Ah that's cap so was looking to maybe playing an hour of it at least :(

I absolutely detest that stupid rubber banding crap

A guy has a video up from the Beta, I recommend muting your man though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement