Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New rules on CIDs?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

powera24 wrote: »
    Her story is that she is working 4 continuous years for the ETB (few more years previously in VEC). the last 3 years in the ETB have been in the same school on a contract covering secondment(the teacher went to do home school liaison). Each year she has received a new contract stating she was covering seconment - all 3 contracts were the same except the amount of hours she was contracted for.

So when the recent circular 0024/15 came about she applied for her CID thinking she would get it no problem but was told this week that she was refused because the positon of home school liaison was not a secondment position.

To me it seems very unfair that the ETB will not honor the fact that she was given a contract thats states she is covering secondment - but are now saying - actually its not a secondment position. She is considering going legal and i'm looking to see if there is any stand out reasons why the CTB is right in this situation.

She might have grounds there. Technically, the ETB are right, HSCL is still an objective ground and not covered by the new circular. However, the ETB have made a boo boo (in my opinion) by putting 'secondment' on the contract. Does she know anyone else in the same boat who would tell her the wording on his/her contract? If she does and the other person has HSCL on the contract, she might have a case or if the other person has 'secondment' on it, then the ETB may still have to honour the CID as they used the wrong term for the objective. The new rules specify that objective grounds now have to be quite specific, so ETBs can't play silly beggars with language.

It's a technicality, but one that may get her her CID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

I'd say she should get over whatever happened with the union before and let them pursue it. they know this inside out and are very adept at sorting it out.

A solicitor will know little of the nuances of the education sector and will be given the run around by the employer. The union will kget their facts, know who to ring and get the job done.

My advice, swallow your pride, get your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I think the school is misinterpreting the date for the end of the school year. The school year runs from September 1st till 31st August and your contract must terminate then. Get on to post primary payroll and they should be able to clarify this. Ask them for any info in writing, i.e a letter or email and pass it on to your school. Go to union if have no luck with them

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Janey B

Thanks Smallgsarden, will do that and update once I do

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Janey B wrote: »
    Thanks Smallgsarden, will do that and update once I do

Good luck Janey B. That sounds bloody awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Where do these new rules leave teachers who are in their 3rd year teaching at the minute? Do they still wait and get a CID next year or should they be due on this year with the new rules?

Where do these new rules leave teachers who are in their 3rd year teaching at the minute? Do they still wait and get a CID next year or should they be due on this year with the new rules?

Is it with the same employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Is it with the same employer?

Yeah in my 3rd year with same ETB!

Yeah in my 3rd year with same ETB!

Then under the HRA you should get a CID based on your hours this year, unless there is an objective ground.

What did your principal say?

Advertisement