Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double-Gameweek 37 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well done Mr P.

Pour yourself a brandy a light a cigar. I love it when a plan comes together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

In what has become a game of inches at the top of the Boards pay league (well second place:o) that result has been quite kind to me, I should pick up a few points on Hackers and Ziegler and take a lead of over 10 points into the weekend, good luck lads;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

*emerges from behind the couch*

PVA I'm sticking with you bud :cool:

All aboard the PVA Love Train, everyone's welcome :D

tumblr_mssw367A7u1qlv86ko1_250.gif

Bloody hell, I had a mini-heart attack each and every minute of that game!!
    We'll played :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Invincible wrote: »
    Bit harsh if Pantilimon doesn't get a bonus?

Arsenal defenders are bap whores because of our possession football. I could see Gibbs losing some after ESP since he took shots but Mertesacker barely stepped over the halfway line. One more save would have been worth two points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Captaining him again next week then too Mr.P eh?

Eh no :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

I was chasing you there but I was badly beaten in my game this week, congrats!!
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Needed 11 points tonight from bellerin, Larsson, santi, and defoe to seal one of my cash H2h leagues for 240 quid. Got there in the end

In what has become a game of inches at the top of the Boards pay league (well second place:o) that result has been quite kind to me, I should pick up a few points on Hackers and Ziegler and take a lead of over 10 points into the weekend, good luck lads;)

You either put one or two points into me tonight depending on Bellerin's baps. I have momentum on my side, but 11 points is still a big hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Fair play to you Mr P, no surprise that PVA was a solid choice, massve surprise that he was one of the best, hope you make a decent jump and have the finish you deserve for all the entertainment you provide.
    Next year we'll be in the top 100 at this stage.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hackers wrote: »
    I assume you are referring to leader of Bohs and Finn Harps leagues? .....I am as good as out of both if Arsenal don't score
    ye he has it in the bag now.

I'll be taking a massive gamble on captain choice so I probably won't be a threat !

• Advertisement

would have to agree there, he will have 25+ points on me anyway
    ye he has it in the bag now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I was chasing you there but I was badly beaten in my game this week, congrats!!

Cheers, you were ul. I had a favourable fixture this week against a dead team but thought I was goosed when berahino got 2 goals the other night

Double Sunderland defence, no Arsenal defence, but three mids probably just treads water for me. I could really do with Bellerin not getting the three baps, Kos is better

FFFix predicting a whopping rise from 1592 to 1525 after today's match. I think top 1k is done for me barring a great GW38

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

If Bellerin gets 3bps I'll be very happy! Giroud is a dick! Not buying PVA is annoying but feck it what can ya do!

Last GW upcoming...sad, sad times ahead :( I'm gonna miss this forum :(

ESP is in. Kos 3, Bellerin 2, Mert+Gibbs 1. Panti none

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Well at least bringing in Ramsey meant downgrading Skrtel to bring in a cheap defender. That cheap defender happened to be PvA. Will have a slight fall but entering next week pretty much where I started.

Well, except with 3 Arsenal and 3 Chelsea players--all of who don't look terribly like scoring! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

FFFix predicting a whopping rise from 1592 to 1525 after today's match. I think top 1k is done for me barring a great GW38

You must have started near me.
    I was 1531 coming into tonight with 9 consecutive red arrows :o, but looks like I will break that trend tonight with PVA, Panti and Bellerin in the team as well as sanchez and Cazorla. A big game on Sunday and I might sneak back inside the top 1000. Looks like I'll finish on 73 after BPS (just the 2 for Bellerin after ESP it seems).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

would have to agree there, he will have 25+ points on me anyway
    im hoping to squeeze 3rd in that league 200 euro im 10 pts off. Im top of another league by 6 pts for 300 stg so thats my main focus now.

menoscemo wrote: »
    You must have started near me.
    I was 1531 coming into tonight with 9 consecutive red arrows :o, but looks like I will break that trend tonight with PVA, Panti and Bellerin in the team as well as sanchez and Cazorla. A big game on Sunday and I might sneak back inside the top 1000. Looks like I'll finish on 73 after BPS (just the 2 for Bellerin after ESP it seems).

I really want to take a captain gamble since it's my best chance of making it, but I don't think I can risk it with my MLs

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

59(-4) then. Meh in terms of OR but pleased to have sealed that h2h league. Have a couple of other cash leagues in the bag, another 2 with a chance of winning and 2 more with a chance of a place. Out of the running in 3 as well.

Want to get inside the top 5k OR as my final gw aim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Something needs to be done so the team that defends for 90 minutes gets the bonus rather than the one that attacks!

I guess I'd better not complain too much though :pac:

Averages were 62.2(-1.3) for top 10k and 62 for top 1k

Something needs to be done so the team that defends for 90 minutes gets the bonus rather than the one that attacks!

I guess I'd better not complain too much though :pac:

It's all about the Arsenal defenders getting the BPS for pass completion over 80% compared to the Sunderland ones which just get CBIs. PVA also missed a big chance which lost him 3 BPS or so; that goal would have been magic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Looks like our cup final next week is gonna be a very close one.

For this ganeweeks scores the score would have been:

Boards FSA 257-256 Burnley....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

sheroman01 wrote: »
    If Bellerin gets 3bps I'll be very happy! Giroud is a dick! Not buying PVA is annoying but feck it what can ya do!

Last GW upcoming...sad, sad times ahead :( I'm gonna miss this forum :(

It's okay, man. We'll all be back by the end of July!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    3 Points - Bellerín, Koscielny (36)
    2 Points - Mertesacker, Gibbs (31)
    I absolutely need it to stay like this to win my H2H... If Panti gets in the mix I'm screwed...
    Argh... It'll be a draw then. But zarquon winning its game made it impossible for me to win the FSA Prem anyway so I take the draw and my now run of 9 games unbeaten in this comp :cool:. Also Swiper losing gives me the second spot :P.

Anyway. Should finish on 72 when BPs are added. 22 pts scored tonight. FPL Discovery has the top 10K rising by 22.1 pts tonight. So should not make anymore ground up tonight and will have to go through a tense GW38 to hope achieving my 10k finish aim (I only have 1 pt of caution).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Delighted with the DGW37 as with the most highly fancied midfielders and forwards failing to make an impact it really came down to defenders in the money league I in.

I transferred in PVA and also had Bellerin :) my closest challenger had neither player :D so their clean sheets and bonus have really made a difference.

To top it off when Azpilicueta didn't play my first sub is Bolasie so another 8pts are coming in. :):)

Should mean that I have wrapped up first place and €500 so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Macker1 wrote: »
    To top it off when Azpilicueta didn't play my first sub is Bolasie so another 8pts are coming in. :):)

Don't want to ruin it for you but you're sure you already have 3 playing defenders right ;)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

iroced wrote: »
    Don't want to ruin it for you but you're sure you already have 3 playing defenders right ;)?

Don't worry I had Skrtel playing as well.

I just checked out the league and I will have a 58 pt lead going into final week. :D:D

Delighted to win it as I was runner-up last year.

Advertisement