Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even More Tesco Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

In Celbridge about 20mins ago ... a basket with about 6 or 7 laptops marked "Clearance : €299" ... not sure of all the types but did notice :

Lenovo M30-70
    Lenovo B50-30
    Acer Aspire E15 Start

... the others were Toshiba's but I didn't see the model #'s ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Any specs?

The Acer had 1TB HD , 4GB RAM, Windows 8.1 OS ... think both of the Lenovo's were 500GB HD, 4GB RAM , Windows 8.1 on the M30-70 , Think it was Vista on the B50-30 ... not sure of the processor on any of them .. although the Intel logo was on all the boxes with the exception of one of the Toshiba's which had a AMD sticker on it ..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The B50 is much newer than Vista thankfully. If you see a machine with Vista on it, remember its probably at least 5 if not considerably more years on the shelf at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

RayCon wrote: »
    In Celbridge about 20mins ago ... a basket with about 6 or 7 laptops marked "Clearance : €299" ... not sure of all the types but did notice :

Lenovo M30-70
    Lenovo B50-30
    Acer Aspire E15 Start

... the others were Toshiba's but I didn't see the model #'s ...

Low-end Celeron processors in them, wouldn't touch them for anything more than just browsing and documents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

CH3OH wrote: »
    355632.jpg

Weightwatchers 8933U

€11.25 in Arklow

5 or 6 in clonmel as well thanks to op for post

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

When I was at the Tesco petrol station I noticed they had some of the Motorola Moto E gen 1 phones and after paying for my petrol, I asked to pay for the phone and a pack of gum using a €10 Lidl coupon, but I was told they didn’t accept coupons in the Petrol station for any items, meanwhile, in the adjacent Tesco, the phones are all sold out. I didn’t bother arguing with her as she seemed very confident in her statement. No bigee, but I thought it might be useful info for some here, although we all know these “rules” can vary depending upon who at Tesco you talk to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

SeamusFX wrote: »
    When I was at the Tesco petrol station I noticed they had some of the Motorola Moto E gen 1 phones and after paying for my petrol, I asked to pay for the phone and a pack of gum using a €10 Lidl coupon, but I was told they didn’t accept coupons in the Petrol station for any items, meanwhile, in the adjacent Tesco, the phones are all sold out. I didn’t bother arguing with her as she seemed very confident in her statement. No bigee, but I thought it might be useful info for some here, although we all know these “rules” can vary depending upon who at Tesco you talk to.

Its standard for the petrol stations- some of them (like Dundrum) have complete little convenience stores attached- they never take competitor vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Got a morphy Richards Grime buster steam cleaner mop in Naas extra for 49.95.

Two left tonight.

They also had different kitchen stuff like knives (€9) and wine openers (€1)

And two or three hand held mixers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I would have contested that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

D Trent wrote: »
    I would have contested that

I'm sure the queue of ppl behind you would appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Spipov

i hate the fact that i can never see those bargains in store like dundrum or nutgrove or rathfarnham - that are accessible to me :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Spipov wrote: »
    i hate the fact that i can never see those bargains in store like dundrum or nutgrove or rathfarnham - that are accessible to me :(

They definitely do have bargains in those stores from time to time. I got Simonz screenwash 5ltr for 2 Euro in Dundrum, I got a 3 pack of Disney Planes there for 50c (it was the only one in Clearance), I also got a shedload of PS3 stuff when they were clearing that.

Its all about timing. Not every store is clearing the same items at the same time- though if one store is- sooner or later other stores tend to- when they get around to it.

You're not missing much to be honest- esp. of late.

The larger stores (Naas/Maynooth etc) tend to do better clearances than do the smaller stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 little ol me

Darth vader (poncho type) kids towel 2.50 tesco drogheda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sankey Plastic Plant Pots 8cm 10pack 74c
    Tesco Pillar Candle PinkGrey 50c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

zoggs peppa pig swim goggles 0-6 years - €3.24
    speedo sea squad swim goggles 2-6 years - €2.48
    barbie curls doll & hair set - €10
    Snow Scooter/Board - €1

nenagh (yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,843 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I got Simonz screenwash 5ltr for 2 Euro in Dundrum,.

wouldnt mind some of this if anyone spots it in somewhere northwest dub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Mummy sleeping bags scanning through at 11.33 - priced at 22 something on the shelf.

Picked up the last two in Clonmel.

Snapchat--41889941731726059.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

For the cyclists:

Mucoff bike cleaner 1litre scanning at €2.82 (usually €10)
    Mucoff bio degreaser €3.06
    Mucoff dry chain lube €1.50

Tesco Ballybeg, Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

CH3OH wrote: »
    355632.jpg

Weightwatchers 8933U

€11.25 in Arklow

same scales marked at €33 in nutgrove and unfortunately scan at the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's a different product number if you look closer.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's a different product number if you look closer.

Different to the stock in Nutgrove? I'll take your word for it, looked extremely similar to the naked eye anyway.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/weight-watchers-glass-analyser-bathroom-scale/588-2344.prd

This is the one in Nutgrove, the name/model whatever seems to be the same, although the packaging is different.

c - 13 wrote: »
    Mummy sleeping bags scanning through at 11.33 - priced at 22 something on the shelf.

Picked up the last two in Clonmel.

Snapchat--41889941731726059.jpg

Scanning at €22 in Maynooth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It looks the same, but its got a different product number.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,843 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

craggy2 wrote: »

nice one, going to look today in finglas, hope they have one :)

RossieMan wrote: »
    It looks the same, but its got a different product number.

I see that now, when I checked it last night, I was sure they had the same number - the perils of late night posting (even when sober):)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

craggy2 wrote: »

Would give me right ball (perhaps not literally) for one of those at this price. If anyone spots one and/or could pick one up for me at that price I'll reimburse you gladly and throw in a bottle of wine as a thank you.

Bargain:
    Tesco Clarehall today….picnic basket, was €56.02 (a strange price point), scanning at €13.66. Now it was never worth €56 but it's grand for less than €14.00
    5 of them left on the shelf this evening.

here it is - typical, £25 in the UK and €56+ here!
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/white-stripe-picnic-basket-2-person/663-6637.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=663-6637

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just a heads up fo anyone looking for the scales.
    They came back into stock today in Arklow.
    It is 8933u. 11.25 euro
    The more expensive one is 8950u which is 33 euro and has less features

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

The more expensive weight watchers scales are in a very wide box.

There were about 10 left in Clearwater, soon to be 11 as returning mine. Gave me 20 different variations of my weight inside of 5 minutes. Cue me lurching from delight to despair and back. Salter scales give me the same reading repeatedly, even if I still don't like the number on the scales.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement