Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even More Tesco Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Free is the best bargain dude

• Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

nenagh :

belkin 2m micro usb charge cable 0.50
    griffin wall charger and iphone lightning cable 1.87

limerick crescent :

philips gc8620 steam generator iron €10 - same as the one in the previous tesco thread that was going for €50 . None left, but someone might be lucky enough to get one in another tesco. It's the one with the Best Buy Which? graphic on the box. The newer model is priced at €249

edit : there's a tefal generator iron reduced from €90 to €45 - about 5 of those on the shelf.

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (the one with bluetooth) - yellow stickered to €31, but scanning at €15

TESCO Wexford Summit heavy duty festival heavy duty trolley, folds down very neat - carries up to 50kg. A steal for €5.13

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭domeld

Tesco Gorey
    Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse 15.77
    Around 4 left

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

In tesco killarney Sony rdp-m7iP iPod docking speaker, yellow clearance sticker said was €99 now €50, shelf price said €5. I went to customer service desk and got it for €5

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

2 litre bubble liquid(USA brand) reduced from €7.99 to €2....

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

th283 wrote: »
    In tesco killarney Sony rdp-m7iP iPod docking speaker, yellow clearance sticker said was €99 now €50, shelf price said €5. I went to customer service desk and got it for €5

And they still probably made a profit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

vicwatson wrote: »
    TESCO Wexford Summit heavy duty festival heavy duty trolley, folds down very neat - carries up to 50kg. A steal for €5.13

Is this trolley in any Dublin shops does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TrinityM

Is this the 30 pin or the lightning?

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Is this trolley in any Dublin shops does anybody know?

I don't, but it's as light as heck and a steal at a fiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

TrinityM wrote: »
    Is this the 30 pin or the lightning?

It's the 30 pin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

vicwatson wrote: »

Whatever you do, don't use it for hauling stuff into a festival. Been there done that, I wanted to die instead of continuing any further with it. A friend of mine, a grown man was reduced to tears by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Rackstar wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don't use it for hauling stuff into a festival. Been there done that, I wanted to die instead of continuing any further with it. A friend of mine, a grown man was reduced to tears by it.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

@castle2012 - which branch did you get the phone in? Tried 2 branches and the phones were still €129, probably a different version of it, but definitely had no €50 ones.

Just got one of these phones in Clonmel. It looked like they still had plenty of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

You missed out on €90 and the speaker. If they overcharge they will give you double the difference back.

Forgot about the €50 but you would have been up €40

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

guil wrote: »
    You missed out on €90 and the speaker. If they overcharge they will give you double the difference back.

Where did they overcharge him?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

Corholio wrote: »
    Where did they overcharge him?

They didn't but if he paid €50 for it they would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TrinityM

Interesting. I've been overcharged before, they just gave me the change back, not double the difference for sure. It was only a couple of euros, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

32gb IPad for €150 and 64gb ipad for €190. Not the air models. All stock gone in Nenagh but there was some in Limerick today. Staff are buying them up though, just getting rid of the old models. they have wifi and the 64gb one is 4g. asked directly at customer service for them and was given tip from a staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I've been overcharged before, they just gave me the change back, not double the difference for sure. It was only a couple of euros, but still.

Was in Tesco last Friday and spent what I thought amounted to €55.
    Cashier said total was €68, paid for it and checked the receipt before leaving.
    Got charged €15 for something that should have been €10 (3 of them).
    Up to customer service, told her and she checked and said "that's right, I'll have to call a manager".
    She disappeared and came back and said she would refund the difference.
    I then said "is it not double the difference?".
    She said she would have to check with the manager again.
    She disappeared again, came back 3 minutes later and said "manager had authorised the double the difference".
    If I hadn't known about it, she would have just paid me the difference.
    Chancers.
    Checked in another Tesco and was told, it's double the difference in all shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    32gb IPad for €150 and 64gb ipad for €190. Not the air models. All stock gone in Nenagh but there was some in Limerick today. Staff are buying them up though, just getting rid of the old models. they have wifi and the 64gb one is 4g. asked directly at customer service for them and was given tip from a staff member.

Awesome. Is it the iPad 2 or 3 do u know?

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Awesome. Is it the iPad 2 or 3 do u know?

I'd say 2 maybe. this is the sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Quick google puts that model number as a 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Was in Tesco last Friday and spent what I thought amounted to €55.
    Cashier said total was €68, paid for it and checked the receipt before leaving.
    Got charged €15 for something that should have been €10 (3 of them).
    Up to customer service, told her and she checked and said "that's right, I'll have to call a manager".
    She disappeared and came back and said she would refund the difference.
    I then said "is it not double the difference?".
    She said she would have to check with the manager again.
    She disappeared again, came back 3 minutes later and said "manager had authorised the double the difference".
    If I hadn't known about it, she would have just paid me the difference.
    Chancers.
    Checked in another Tesco and was told, it's double the difference in all shops.

This is standard in all shops or so it seems. My local tesco know me and still say it to me when I am overcharged. I point to the board behind the staff member, mention double the difference and they DO have to get a manager to authorise.

They say they make money by not handing it over unless challenged!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Fuk it, would like one of the iPads but not gonna chance going into a tesco only to possibly find none in there lol

Fuk it, would like one of the iPads but not gonna chance going into a tesco only to possibly find none in there lol

Ring around and see would they have them in stock and keep one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Pinkycharm wrote: »

That is a lovely deal. I might ask in Dublin city tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭new2sat

OK, so not as fancy as the iPads but sure everyone likes a treat.

Spotted this eve

€5.30 for 1 or €4 for 2 (50 cent each - hell yeah)

Guess which option I took

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

new2sat wrote: »
    OK, so not as fancy as the iPads but sure everyone likes a treat.

Spotted this eve

€5.30 for 1 or €4 for 2 (50 cent each - hell yeah)

Guess which option I took

:)

Not sure what you bought?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hococop wrote: »
    Not sure what you bought?

Magnum 4 pack. New2Sat put in a post title probably not realising that you can't see them on mobile

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement