Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Its an eminently usable paper. I have an old, incontinent dog and need something to line her basket and doghouse. The rest of it can be used to light the fire.

A fire, this time of the year!? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    A fire, this time of the year!? :eek:
    Today - cool and windy scattered showers, heavy hail or thunder. 10 to 13 degrees.
    Tonight - moderate to fresh south to southwest winds. 4 to 8 degrees
    Monday - heavy falls of rain, strong to gale force southerly winds. 10 to 13 degrees.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Today - cool and windy scattered showers, heavy hail or thunder. 10 to 13 degrees.
    Tonight - moderate to fresh south to southwest winds. 4 to 8 degrees
    Monday - heavy falls of rain, strong to gale force southerly winds. 10 to 13 degrees.

Ok, I'm guessing that's cold for some people. I'm sleeping with window open these nights :o

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Heuston14

Ok, so picked up the indo for the voucher - seems to be a misprint? Says valid from 31st - 6th May. Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Heuston14 wrote: »
    Ok, so picked up the indo for the voucher - seems to be a misprint? Says valid from 31st - 6th May. Anyone else notice this?

they have always been valid Sunday until the following Saturday

Apologies...misread your post.

Yes. Poor proof reading at the Indo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Heuston14

Just noticed it says June in the small print

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Perfect timing as they have some really good beer deals at the moment. Stocked up on that and then got a €50 voucher for €40 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

just back from tesco, used 10 euro lidl voucher from last week off 50 euro of shopping, then used 10 euro dunnes voucher off next 50 euro of shopping, then used this weeks lidl voucher, 6 euro tesco voucher i had and coinstar voucher for 9 euro on last fifty euro great savings, 45 euro off 150 euro of shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

whelan2 wrote: »
    coinstar voucher for 9 euro
    You reaslise coinstar take the same hefty % if you take a shopping voucher or money.

There were threads before where people presumed they took the fee only if you converted the coins to notes. The way it was worded you could easily think if turned into shopping vouchers there would be no commission. -the logic/trick being people thinking "why would I take vouchers instead of perfectly good cash?" and so think since there is 2 options that there must be a difference. I nearly got caught myself and guessed tesco paid coinstar the commission if changed to vouchers, though I expected tesco to pay a much lower commission.

Since people are blindly throwing in coins they might not reaslise it, as most have no idea how many coins they had in the first place. So some might throw in €100, get a shopping voucher for €91, and not cop that commission was taken. One poster got a refund of the commission from coinstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

rubadub wrote: »
    You reaslise coinstar take the same hefty % if you take a shopping voucher or money.

There were threads before where people presumed they took the fee only if you converted the coins to notes. The way it was worded you could easily think if turned into shopping vouchers there would be no commission. -the logic/trick being people thinking "why would I take vouchers instead of perfectly good cash?" and so think since there is 2 options that there must be a difference. I nearly got caught myself and guessed tesco paid coinstar the commission if changed to vouchers, though I expected tesco to pay a much lower commission.

Since people are blindly throwing in coins they might not reaslise it, as most have no idea how many coins they had in the first place. So some might throw in €100, get a shopping voucher for €91, and not cop that commission was taken. One poster got a refund of the commission from coinstar.
    it was 9 euro in 2 cents and 1 cents would have taken ages to count it out, i gladly pid the 9c in a euro fee. Any larger coins i bring to local shop and they are happy to get the change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

whelan2 wrote: »
    it was 9 euro in 2 cents and 1 cents would have taken ages to count it out, i gladly pid the 9c in a euro fee.
    Grand, as long as you are aware, I hear stories of people being delighted to get €500, and cringe at the thought of how much they paid for the use of a machine for a minute or 2. I think one of the banks does counting for free.

I used to go in at off peak times and dump my coins into the self service checkout coin tray funnel. I used to have a big tub of old coins and would take a fistful each time I went. You can throw coins in and then pay the balance with credit card. You can only put so many in at a time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Independent today has a coupon for 240 Fallon tea bags at Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Will there be another Lidl voucher tomorrow (Sunday)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

leck wrote: »
    Will there be another Lidl voucher tomorrow (Sunday)?

Yes, near certain I heard ads this week saying there would be

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Nearly sure I seen E10 voucher will be in Sunday Independent tomorrow,

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

I heard on the radio that there will be a voucher in both the Sunday World and the Sindo

Any Aldi vouchers nah?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Nearly sure I seen E10 voucher will be in Sunday Independent tomorrow,

There is in both indo and world

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tomhain

yes they are on second page (lidl) and Tesco still accepts them,

what I do is buy the newspaper as part of my 50 euro shopping in Tesco (buy 2 papers so I can use one voucher today and the second one next week on saturday) and those 5 euro for papers count towards 50 euro spend. and just tear off coupon at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Tried to use 10 euro off voucher to buy a 50 euro gift voucher at tesco roselawn and was told they were not accepted. Ah well.

• Advertisement

manster wrote: »
    Tried to use 10 euro off voucher to buy a 50 euro gift voucher at tesco roselawn and was told they were not accepted. Ah well.

There are terms and conditions with this offer. Standard any coupon t&c for vouchers :
    The qualifying spend excludes product purchases in Petrol Filling Station, fuel products, tobacco products, medicines, lottery tickets, infant formulae products, gift vouchers, saving stamps, postage stamps, phone credit or Pharmacy, Optician and Cafe purchases.
    If some stores do take them for gift cards, it is by mistake and they shouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

I have bought €50 tesco gift cards with a €10 lidl voucher plus €40 cash in various stores now. Never been refused, a couple of times the customer service has been unsure but when I've said I've done it before they just put it through. IMO its always worth testing but not worth arguing due to t's & c's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I top up my tesco gift card every week, with these vouchers. Never been refused, never been queried either. Then I use the gift card with another voucher, again never been queried apart from last weeks incorrect date on the LDL voucher

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I top up my tesco gift card every week, with these vouchers. Never been refused, never been queried either. Then I use the gift card with another voucher, again never been queried apart from last weeks incorrect date on the LDL voucher

yes they don't even have T&C displayed at the customer service displayed in most places, staff has no clue how and what for to use Lidl vouchers in Tesco (since Lidl vouchers do not have T&C on them) so it's worth to try, just saying they do have right to refuse them on gift card

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

More vouchers next week according to the Sindo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Do tesco take these at the tills or do you need to take them to customer services?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Rackstar wrote: »
    Do tesco take these at the tills or do you need to take them to customer services?

At the tills

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

vicwatson wrote: »
    More vouchers next week according to the Sindo
    Most excellent. This run of vouchers is running longer than I expected it would. Long may it continue!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

byte wrote: »
    Most excellent. This run of vouchers is running longer than I expected it would. Long may it continue!

Dunnes's (crazily long at this stage) current shop & save run is surely responsible for this reaction from Lidl.

The question now is, when will Aldi likewise respond?!

The next set of Kantar Worldpanel grocery-market-share figures will be most interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Quackster wrote: »
    Dunnes's (crazily long at this stage) current shop & save run is surely responsible for this reaction from Lidl.

The question now is, when will Aldi likewise respond?!

The next set of Kantar Worldpanel grocery-market-share figures will be most interesting...
    Dunnes offer isnt great, you have to get €50 worth twice to get the €10 off. So it's only a tenner off €100, which is 10%, as opposed to the Lidl offer which is 20% off and only one shop is necessary

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement