Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you beach body ready?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

If I were a size 6-8 and toned ta fuq, I wouldn't deem myself as having a "beach body". That's for tanned/dark-skinned chicks IMO and I'm pale as fuq with legs that would frighten small children they're so dazzingly pasty. And that's grand. On our one warm day of the year, I'll wear a long wrap skirt and a strappy top on the beach - and a SPF of about a million. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

garra wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone is outraged, I didn't open the thread to find out.

I was amused at the outcome of the outrage of others (ie increased sales for product) and also curious to see if posters could suggest other products which could be so handsomely promoted. All I got was Calgon and anti-anti-body-shamers.
    No I didn't mean you, moreso the people reacting as if people are outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I don't know if anyone is outraged, I didn't open the thread to find out.

I was amused at the outcome of the outrage of others (ie increased sales for product) and also curious to see if posters could suggest other products which could be so handsomely promoted. All I got was Calgon and anti-anti-body-shamers.

I just googled it there now as I wasn't at all aware of this advertising campaign, and the first thing that sprung to mind was the Wonderbra billboard campaign, one of the most successful advertising campaigns ever!

To be getting so worked up about this seems to me at least just a bit... "bandwagon jumping", not so much even because they find it offensive, but simply because it's popular among their peer group to be seen to be "outraged".

Next week it'll be something different again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

beks101 wrote: »
    Ah ye should though, he's a ride.

He'd get it alright :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

What is the product he is sucking?

And why is he wearing granny pants?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

What is the product he is sucking?

Its a sort of smoothie in a box, actually asked an ausi about it a few days ago and apparently it is actually popular over there.
    Seen both gender ads too which means that the sexism outrage doesn't work and thats a vital part of any tumblr storm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

If I were a size 6-8 and toned ta fuq, I wouldn't deem myself as having a "beach body". That's for tanned/dark-skinned chicks IMO and I'm pale as fuq with legs that would frighten small children they're so dazzingly pasty. And that's grand. On our one warm day of the year, I'll wear a long wrap skirt and a strappy top on the beach - and a SPF of about a million. :pac:

Is that you in the pic?

fPUUf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Is that you in the pic?

fPUUf.jpg

"When you see it..." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Candie wrote: »
    Well they might find you disgusting to look at too, so it all evens out.

They might, i'm sure a lot do and I have no problem with that. Unfortunately I can't do much about my facial structure as you must do with what you get in that department. But I can stop myself stuffing my face every day, that, I can do...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

They might, i'm sure a lot do and I have no problem with that. Unfortunately I can't do much about my facial structure as you must do with what you get in that department. But I can stop myself stuffing my face every day, that, I can do...

Gotta be lucky like me, I'm freakin' gorgeous and I can still have my snack box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Gotta be lucky like me, I'm freakin' gorgeous and I can still have my snack box.

iykwim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Hen do you have a boyfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Protein seems to be everywhere now. All the shops are selling protein milk and protein bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Protein seems to be everywhere now. All the shops are selling protein milk and protein bars.
    I prefer the traditional meat, nuts, eggs, cheese, milk etc., approach to protein ;)

Advertisement