Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gubberment expenditure on propoganda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

xhoundx wrote: »
    Is it? I'm just passing time on a lazy Saturday evening. The type of posters I'm talking about (not giving out about) appear to spend night and day arguing one agenda or another.

Indirectly associated would to me mean somehow related to or friendly with someone in a political party, or a paid shill just shilling for €€

Arguing against an agenda more likely. Like the numerous people who use Boards as part of the anti property tax and anti water charges campaigns. Who is paying them to shill?

Have you a direct or indirect association with any political party or any political campaigns or agenda yourself? For instance are you opposed to water charges and property tax and did you ever attend any of the protests?

For the record, apart from voting in elections, I have no direct or indirect association with any political party or movement. And nobody is paying me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭xhoundx

Arguing against an agenda more likely. Like the numerous people who use Boards as part of the anti property tax and anti water charges campaigns. Who is paying them to shill?

Have you a direct or indirect association with any political party or any political campaigns or agenda yourself? For instance are you opposed to water charges and property tax and did you ever attend any of the protests?

For the record, apart from voting in elections, I have no direct or indirect association with any political party or movement. And nobody is paying me.

Arguing against something is the same thing as arguing for another thing.

I have zero affillation with any political party, I find them all equally repulsive.

I'd just be interested in knowing whether our taxes fund these online campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Looking through various chat forums and it appears very obvious that political parties have a lot of people employed to spin their agendas. Just wondering out loud how much money do the various parties spend on these shills? Is it a well paid job? More importantly where does the money come from to pay these shills? Is it from party funds or does it come from allowances funded by you and I, ie taxpayers money?

Are you confusing the Irish Government with the Israeli one?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Arguing against something is the same thing as arguing for another thing.

I have zero affillation with any political party, I find them all equally repulsive.

I'd just be interested in knowing whether our taxes fund these online campaigns

You are the one saying there is funding going on. But you want other people to say where the funding is coming from. It's up to you to provide your evidence of funding, then we can see if it is real or imagined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Looking through various chat forums and it appears very obvious that political parties have a lot of people employed to spin their agendas. Just wondering out loud how much money do the various parties spend on these shills? Is it a well paid job? More importantly where does the money come from to pay these shills? Is it from party funds or does it come from allowances funded by you and I, ie taxpayers money?

On Facebook 2,787 people like Simon Harris TD on #Budget15

https://www.facebook.com/FineGael/photos/a.411453218210.184878.264172043210/10152735370313211/?type=1&theater

Man, FG has a lot of fans in India......

Obuj Valobasha
    Sz Sumon
    Ahmad Fayshal
    Akram Rassel
    Adnan Jani
    ساحل اسلامزی
    Dimas M. Rohim
    Shakline Mostak Siyam
    MD Soton
    Lovely Ú
    Zzha Beatdown Jr.
    MD Momin
    Hen Dray
    Shofiqul Islam
    Qaisar Tanweer
    Dhan Singh Bisht
    Douglas Rush
    Mosarep Islam Shubo
    Adolescent Udoy
    Álőmgíŕ Áhméd
    Abdul Hakim Rana
    Girraj Yadav
    Praveen Roxx
    Alon Boy Arif
    Monzur Alam
    Imran Shahid
    Rakibul Hasan Rokon
    Sayed Sadruddin Hashemi
    Rana Jandour
    ᎡᎾᎷᎪᏁ ᎰᎪᎡᏬᏦ
    سیدعالم سرکوهی
    Rony Hoaasin
    Saiful Islam
    Anil Kumar
    Gs Khaira
    Abdul Ahad Sajan
    Rahanuma Khanam
    Malik Usama
    Abu Jamil Shohel
    Aziz Ahmad Ghafory
    Bhãràt Yâdäv
    AbBasi Gee
    সুমি সুমি
    Md Lovelu Miah
    Kâ-Ráàñ Ghä-ťàl
    সিয়াম আহমেদ
    Johal Saab
    Akash Akash
    Ijaz Bangash Armani
    Mega Jacques Banamtuan
    Cinta Baru
    ম্যাজিক মুনসি
    Hafij Ahmed
    Hassan Arshad
    Ragbir Lahoria
    Jaman Ahmed
    Moheb Özbek
    กิตติกร จันทร
    Mushtaq Ahmed
    Ahtisham Sami
    Imdad Shahid Xtlysh
    Mamy Reizya
    আমি লিটল জিনিয়াস
    Mohd Yaqoob
    Kaßir Khan
    Watan Mal Khafa
    Aakash Kumar
    Ganesh Rajput
    Farooq Khan Khatir
    Mohammad Dawood
    Maskeenullah Niazi
    Basir Noori
    Sarpreet Aalam Singer
    GurWinder GuRi
    Tamas Trishan Banerjee
    Muhammad Fayyaz
    Khyaldar Khan
    Megan Fanning
    Hotman Hotta Fea
    Sapta Xena
    Kishan Chawla
    Shivam Gupta
    Hąšşãń Ŕõçkş
    Ika Ica Isa
    Conor O'Hare
    Koceh Nok Kalie
    Kate Acheson
    Shaik Habib Nawaab Zaada
    Hanif Khan
    Farhad Noori
    Bhupal Barai
    Ñäzïm Mülãñî
    Ihsan Aziz
    Shahin Kabir Spiccy
    Ajay Sahota
    Alamin Rehab

And on it goes.........

SNAKES

Apparently SF TDs only take the average industrial wage meaning the party pockets the rest. Therefore public money is being used for their propaganda.

Thanks for clearing that up, makes sense if in fact they really do just take the AIW.
    Now for the other parties, where does their funding come from to counter the SF shilling?

You are the one saying there is funding going on. But you want other people to say where the funding is coming from. It's up to you to provide your evidence of funding, then we can see if it is real or imagined.

Eh if I had evidence then why would I need to start a thread here to ask what I already knew?

Eh if I had evidence then why would I need to start a thread here to ask what I already knew?

If you have no evidence then how can you justify what you wrote in the first post:

it appears very obvious that political parties have a lot of people employed to spin their agendas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

But you're saying it's obvious that it's going on.
    It's not IMO. I genuinely don't see anything other than people defending the party in question - that's not a strange thing to happen. Some people really do buy hugely into the party they support.
    Many who say the shilling thing about Sinn Féin tend to be extremely anti nationalist and pro loyalist, not just anti provo - and use the stupid term "shinnerbot" a lot (I'm not a fan of SF btw).

• Advertisement

If you have no evidence then how can you justify what you wrote in the first post:

it appears very obvious that political parties have a lot of people employed to spin their agendas

The clue is in the word appears, i never said it was fact, just that it appears that way

The clue is in the word appears

Well go away and research the subject a bit more and come back with something more concrete than Appears.

Well go away and research the subject a bit more and come back with something more concrete than Appears.

Back at you, can you come up with anything concrete to prove that I'm wrong in suspecting what I do?

And btw wtf are you to tell anyone here to go away? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

The clue is in the word appears, i never said it was fact, just that it appears that way

This thread belongs in CT so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

They don't really need to spin anything, 5 minutes listening to the rubbish the left spouts would convince most people that while the government makes mistakes they are still doing a reasonable job of turning the country around.

Only that they aren't.

Back at you, can you come up with anything concrete to prove that I'm wrong in suspecting what I do?

And btw wtf are you to tell anyone here to go away? :)

I suspect that you just made it all up. Prove me wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

This is just confusing when there is "xhound" in both their usernames. :(

I suspect that you just made it all up. Prove me wrong.

I can't prove I'm right, can you prove I made it up or do you just suspect I'm making it up?

You seem to have somehow taken offence to my question, you are the main antagonist on this thread to the suggestions I've made. Why so concerned with a simple question regarding whether or not our taxes fund online propaganda

Mine has two D's. I hope that helps.

I can't prove I'm right, can you prove I made it up or do you just suspect I'm making it up?

You seem to have somehow taken offence to my question, you are the main antagonist on this thread to the suggestions I've made. Why so concerned with a simple question regarding whether or not our taxes fund online propaganda

Nobody on this thread has owned up to being paid for being here. I'm not being paid. How about you link to a few of those threads and posts which prompted your suspicions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

If you can't provide any evidence for it then you are just making it up.

Nobody on this thread has owned up to being paid for being here. I'm not being paid. How about you link to a few of those threads and posts which prompted your suspicions.

Ah go away, I'm on a phone and can't be arsed.

Again you appear very eager to put down my argument. Why are you so defensive about this topic? I never accused you of being a shill did I?

Mine has two D's. I hope that helps.

You're a Double D too. How interesting. Any more out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The Bat signal has gone up I see.
    Overtime folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

its the same person, schizo hound would be more appropriate :rolleyes:

Phoebas wrote: »
    If you can't provide any evidence for it then you are just making it up.

What am I making up? I asked a question as to whether or not tax payers money funded online propaganda. How's that making anything up other than making a question up?

its the same person, schizo hound would be more appropriate :rolleyes:

I can assure you I'm not him

What am I making up? I asked a question as to whether or not tax payers money funded online propaganda. How's that making anything up other than making a question up?

How would it be taxpayers money?

Ah go away, I'm on a phone and can't be arsed.

Again you appear very eager to put down my argument. Why are you so defensive about this topic? I never accused you of being a shill did I?

Good news. I just did a comprehensive trawl of AH and Politics Cafe and there is no evidence whatsoever to support your contention. What I wrote earlier about SF was a joke, none of their supporters are getting paid.

I hope you can accept the bona fides of my research. If you present any evidence to disprove it I will of course give it due consideration.

I cannot speak for other forums, its is possible for instance that some football club could be paying their supporters for their participation on Boards. But I have not researched that so I can't say either way.

• Advertisement

How would it be taxpayers money?

If it came from party allowances rather than party donations

Advertisement