Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this time last year vs now

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Nipple clamps and all Arsemageddon ?

That and being flagellated by latex clad midgets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Make a night of it sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

How does that make you fee-al?

syklops wrote: »
    How does that make you fee-al?

So long as I hold the whip tis grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

This time last year I was 8 days sober after spending years slowly killing myself with constant drinking and prescription drug abuse. After my doctor told me I'd be dead by around age 35 unless I changed my life completely I chose life. Last Saturday night I celebrated my 1st year sober by having a nice meal with a group of my friends and I have to say, I've never felt better in my life. The last year, for better or worse, has been the most important one I've had or likely ever will. So yeah, it's been a good one :)

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    This time last year I was 8 days sober after spending years slowly killing myself with constant drinking and prescription drug abuse. After my doctor told me I'd be dead by around age 35 unless I changed my life completely I chose life. Last Saturday night I celebrated my 1st year sober by having a nice meal with a group of my friends and I have to say, I've never felt better in my life. The last year, for better or worse, has been the most important one I've had or likely ever will. So yeah, it's been a good one :)

Well done! That is a wonderful story. Delighted for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Much better. Work is paying off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

I think I'm better than I was last year, this time last year I was in an unhappy relationship with someone, wasn't studying or working and just generally wasn't leading a healthy lifestyle, I had a lot of crap to deal with last year including family members being sick and people passing away.

Now I'm single again, I ended the relationship which took a lot of guts to do but in hindsight I'm glad I did it as the stress of the strain of the relationship was impacting on my physical and mental health quite a bit. I'm also back studying full time in a course, which has given my motivation back for life :D I have good and bad days but think I'm doing better than last year :)

I think I'm better than I was last year, this time last year I was in an unhappy relationship with someone, wasn't studying or working and just generally wasn't leading a healthy lifestyle, I had a lot of crap to deal with last year including family members being sick and people passing away.

Now I'm single again, I ended the relationship which took a lot of guts to do but in hindsight I'm glad I did it as the stress of the strain of the relationship was impacting on my physical and mental health quite a bit. I'm also back studying full time in a course, which has given my motivation back for life :D I have good and bad days but think I'm doing better than last year :)

YAY YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Better :) I moved home from London, moved in with my boyfriend, started teaching here and just passed my Irish exams. I miss the friends I made in London and the money I was making but I am so much happier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I quit a job that I hated this time last year and moved to a new country. Since then I've gotten married and am now expecting our first baby who is having a great time right now kicking me in the bladder. So things have changed a lot and I couldn't be happier.

(Other than the bladder thing, that's kind of uncomfortable!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I've lost 3.5 stone and gained so much confidence. I'm actually able to say that I feel happy now. I never thought I'd ever feel so content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

In some ways I'm worse off, in some ways I'm better off.

2014 was an amazing year for me. It was the only time in a few years that I actually let myself have some fun and just did what Truffle Pig wanted.

Money wise, same. Work wise, a bit happier. Heath wise, same thankfully. Ive been alive another 12 months, no family deaths so I'm grateful that hasn't changed. Some personal opinions have changed for the better.

Could I be happier? Yes. Could I be sadder? Yes. I'm sure we all could.

Life is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

This time last year I had just handed in my thesis and was getting ready for 4th year exams.

Now I've graduated, moved country and found a job (although not what I want it's keeping the rent paid). I miss someone terribly and I sometimes feel like going home just to hug them. But at the same time I don't want to go back to life before and I have realised I really enjoy spending time with someone here and I'm not ready to leave them again.... It's very feckin' complicated and neither of these people are even romantic interests.... :rollseyes:

So yeah lots has changed and who knows what the next year will bring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Stinjy wrote: »
    This time last year I had just handed in my thesis and was getting ready for 4th year exams.

Now I've graduated, moved country and found a job (although not what I want it's keeping the rent paid). I miss someone terribly and I sometimes feel like going home just to hug them. But at the same time I don't want to go back to life before and I have realised I really enjoy spending time with someone here and I'm not ready to leave them again.... It's very feckin' complicated and neither of these people are even romantic interests.... :rollseyes:

So yeah lots has changed and who knows what the next year will bring...

Good luck with future life endeavours.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

This time last year I was in an unhappy controlling relationship and had nobody I could really call a friend. Now I'm single as a pringle, surrounded by people I love and enjoying life more than ever. :) shur could be worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Chicken Curry.

Chips Curry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Chips Curry

CHIPS CURRY????!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

GerB40 wrote: »

stories like yours justify threads like these, fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The weather was much better this time last year. I had a tan, this year I'm still wearing a scarf going to work in the mornings and need a blast of heating in the evening, it's fecking freezing and it's May!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

This time last year I had just had a malignant tumour the size of a melon cut out, the pain was indescribable post-op and the worry waiting for further test results even worse.

Now I'm a picture of health, just about to qualify and start my new career (delayed a year due to aforementioned health issues) and the future has gone from very bleak and precarious to quite the opposite.

Katgurl wrote: »
    This time last year I had just had a malignant tumour the size of a melon cut out, the pain was indescribable post-op and the worry waiting for further test results even worse.

Now I'm a picture of health, just about to qualify and start my new career (delayed a year due to aforementioned health issues) and the future has gone from very bleak and precarious to quite the opposite.

You are a star of triumph. Thank you for sharing that. I hope it goes wonderfully for you. :-) x

Many things are the same but I've got more money in the bank and am less happy.. Direct trade. When I was young, I actually thought I could handle stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Much much worse, things are getting worse.

Last year, I was in a terrible situation but I had hope. Now, same situation but I'm older with an absence of hope.

Oh no, you sound distraught. In fact you sound like me last year... My news just got worse and worse and then one day it was ok and then it was all fine. You never know what the future holds. And you're only A YEAR older.

Much much worse, things are getting worse.

Last year, I was in a terrible situation but I had hope. Now, same situation but I'm older with an absence of hope.

Hope/delusion are essentially the same thing - the ultimate coping mechanism. Once you lose that it's over.
    I can lend you some of my hope. I have great hopes for you. I do. I hope ...

I am very sorry you are in the situation you are. It will pass though. xx

Katgurl wrote: »
    Oh no, you sound distraught. In fact you sound like me last year... My news just got worse and worse and then one day it was ok and then it was all fine. You never know what the future holds. And you're only A YEAR older.

Listen to that voice. Katgurl has been through a lot...that voice knows what it's talking about.

am less happy.. Direct trade. When I was young, I actually thought I could handle stress.

I hope you start to feel happier. xx

I hope you start to feel happier. xx

I think I will.. Got a lot of time of work soon and my brother is visiting in a month.. Hoping that I'll be less cynical and go back to my old self.

I think I will.. Got a lot of time of work soon and my brother is visiting in a month.. Hoping that I'll be less cynical and go back to my old self.

Oh I am genuinely glad to hear that :-)

• Advertisement

Oh I am genuinely glad to hear that :-)

Thanks, looking forward to it!

Advertisement