Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NutriBullet question

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

galljga1 wrote: »
    Yeah sounds good. My kids always want different ingredients and the one i have has a tap that always clogs and has to be taken apart to clean. I might just pop to the shops tomorrow and get one. Not too happy with this frozen berry situ. I will just have to buy fresh in bulk and freeze.

Check Argos - I think they were selling the Ninja a bit cheaper than other places at one point...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I bought a Ninja a few weeks ago. It has 1 big cup and 1 regular cup.

I am very happy with it.

The only drawback is that it is a bit noisy if you are using it early in the morning (if others are sleeping relatively close; next room)

It is only for a few seconds because it does its job very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,306 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

galljga1 wrote: »
    Cheers.
    I use a kenwood blender at the mo. Lots of lumps, pips etc.
    I don't use frozen fruit due to the blender but would if I had one that could handle it. I will have shortly.

It sounds like you should definitely get a NutriBullet Pro/Nutri Ninja. You'll have no lumps, you can blend ice, frozen fruit whatever you want. It's simple to clean.

Go for the 900 Watt one. I think the normal NutriBullet only has 600 Watts.

It sounds like you should definitely get a NutriBullet Pro/Nutri Ninja. You'll have no lumps, you can blend ice, frozen fruit whatever you want. It's simple to clean.

Go for the 900 Watt one. I think the normal NutriBullet only has 600 Watts.

Nutri ninja is 900w

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Nutri ninja is 900w

I know, it's the one I have ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

blinding wrote: »
    The only drawback is that it is a bit noisy if you are using it early in the morning (if others are sleeping relatively close; next room)
    Noisy alright. I tried a few things.

I sat it on a folded up towel so the sound was not travelling down the counter as much.

I wrapped a towel around it and under it which helped even more.

I just held it up off the counter and blitzed it and it reduced noise, I originally did this to shake the stuff while blending but found it lessened the noise.

I use mine quite a bit just to make cold water, putting ice cubes in with water and its instantly all freezing cold -I think it tastes nicer as it aerates the water a lot while blitzing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I am getting the 1000w version today. 20 euro off in Curry's. Will pickup an actifry also, still looking for lowest price on that. Will be slim and trim by the time I go on hols. Will have to do some goddamn exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sammy07

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Hi there

I had never heard about these until today (and from a bit of searching around it seems 'where have I been' as they appear so popular)

I do a lot of juicing but I am really just using a food processor. Quite a lot of work involved for, say, my juice for this week which was carrot and orange. I had to juice the oranges first then add that to the blending fixture. Then I had to shred carrots in the food processor before adding them to the blender. Then wash all of that up.

A colleague told me to get a Nutri Bullet as it would 'change my life'

Will it? :)

Also, with nutribullet can I leave the skin on oranges? Maybe just slice into quarters and blend?

Thanks
    Bananaleaf

I have just recently bought Nutri Bullet Pro for €194.99 from Argos - this particular model is better - the main cup is bigger and it has more power - it takes less than 30 secs. to blend. You'll would get all different size of cups and lids for storage.

In the set you would get user guide, nutrition guide and recipe book as well. Is is really awesome for those who are completely new to juicing and nutrition.
    It is an investment but it is so much easier, quicker to use with literally zero mess. Cups and blades are so easy to clean.

As for apples, pears, nectarines - yes, you should remove seeds before, but you don't have to peel them.
    As for oranges, bananas, beets, avocados, kiwis - yes, you should remove the peel and no, there's no need to shred them before hand.
    I don't really peel carrots because I buy them organic. I also love to add organic spinach to all my juices.
    Remember to always add water before blending.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Can you put ice in the nutri bullet ? I'm procrastinating between the nutribullet and the ninja

groovyg wrote: »
    Can you put ice in the nutri bullet ? I'm procrastinating between the nutribullet and the ninja
    this was earlier in this thread
    Sleepy wrote: »
    I used the Nutribullet one. It couldn't crush Ice, nevermind get it to a powder. The cubes simply whirled around in the thing making noise.

my reply
    rubadub wrote: »
    Interesting. Looking on youtube I see a video of a guy with that same problem, and saying it needs liquid. I also saw them mention the liquid in the ads. My ninja blender powdered it no problem

These are the nutribullet blades
    blades.png

these are the nutrininja blades
    $_35.JPG
    which look like they will stir things up a lot more inside. Some of my previous cheaper models had that same issue, where stuff just spun around, the ninja seems to pull it into the middle or something.

this guy does not actually use them but shows them

Note I said the ninja powders the ice, this is with no liquid, it is hard to get chunks if that is what you want. It obliterates it. When I add the powered ice to fizzy drinks it chills it really well and often forms a frozen mass in the middle, like a giant ice ball, but its not solid, its like its all the small shards fused together.

• Advertisement

Made a lovely green smoothie today if anyone would like the recipe it is - Spinach, cucumber, blueberry, pineapple, water and 2 teaspoons stevia. Equal parts of all ingredients, but half part of pineapple. Add water before blitzing. It's my new breakfast.

groovyg wrote: »

It's a good bit easier to blend ice using the Nutri Ninja (900W) and the NutriBullet Pro (900W) compared to the NutriBullet (600W).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nutribullet is fine to blend ice in a drink/liquid, just not on its own. I've never wanted to blend ice on its own.

I bought a second blender today. I have the ninja which I love. I'm going backpacking for 5 weeks soon though and wanted to bring something akin to the ninja with me, but not the ninja as it is expensive and good quality. So I bought an ULTRA BLEND in home store and more today for 40.

As I got my ninja for 95€ it cost me a little over double the price of the ultra blend. While the ultra blend does seem to have decent enough blades - certainly better than your average blender and in imitation of the ninja, there is no comparison in terms of quality of the product. The plastic on the ultra blend is not as durable and neither are the lids which contain the blades.

You do get a lot more accessories with the ultra blend - too many imo. 4 cups with handles, a tiny cup for maybe blending nuts, another cup with no handle, a jug ....

Just in case people are looking for a cheaper alternative. I haven't yet actually tried it so will post back with a comparison when I do. But so far, personally I would go with the ninja. It's more expensive but I fully expect that the ultra blend will be knackered by the end of my backpacking and I'm not expecting to be bringing it back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭martini1

I'm going to get the ninja today, and was hoping someone could give me a food list of things to buy, so I could get started in the morning!

I know berries, but what kind of nuts are good? milks?
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

martini1 wrote: »
    I'm going to get the ninja today, and was hoping someone could give me a food list of things to buy, so I could get started in the morning!

thanks in advance

Fresh spinach, pineapple/apples (these will mask the taste of the spinach perfectly), chia seeds, berries (any kind), I don't use any milk in mine, I use greek yogurt and add water.

thanks for that! Chia seeds ok for kids?

Salter have a high power blender out now too. These are the people known for making weighing scales.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-Nutri-Pro-1000-EXTRACTOR/dp/B00WGSC6RY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

martini1 wrote: »

thanks in advance

It should deal with any nuts or fruit or veg, the booklet has a good few things in it.

My morning smoothie is pea protein, banana, cocoa powder, peanut butter, soy milk, sometimes agave syrup.

I make nice juices with it too, pineapple+lime etc.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that! just that lidl is next door to argos, who have the ninja bullet at 89.99 until today! So want to hit both shops later and be prepared for a feast in the morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

rubadub wrote: »
    Salter have a high power blender out now too. These are the people known for making weighing scales.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-Nutri-Pro-1000-EXTRACTOR/dp/B00WGSC6RY

Mr. Price have these for €80 (€100 in Powercity and elsewhere). I picked one up today and it's fantastic. It has bigger cups than the nutribullet and a higher max fill line. I filled the 1 litre jug with frozen berries, a kiwi, banana, plain Greek yogurt, some ice cubes and some orange juice. It blended it all in about 10 seconds and tasted great. Also ridiculously easy to clean.

http://www.mrprice.ie/p/salter-nutripro-blender-1000w/5053191156518

Advertisement