Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NutriBullet question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Connorzee wrote: »
    Why not just have a bottle of lemonade if you're looking for sugar...

Thanks for the input. Very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Connorzee wrote: »
    Why not just have a bottle of lemonade if you're looking for sugar...

Big difference in the natural sugars found in fruit, and processed sugars found in fizzy drinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We are in the fitness forum, are we not? Did someone really just recommend having a bottle of lemonade over a fruit smoothie?

OP, forget about the sugar content. Unless you're highly overweight and are meticulously counting your calories then a couple of fruit smoothies aren't going to kill you ffs. It's fruit! Go nuts, and seeing as you're using a blender you're also getting the fibre, which is important! Don't mind the sugar nazis.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Big difference in the natural sugars found in fruit, and processed sugars found in fizzy drinks.

Thanks ThePoet. That was actually my question. I have - as best I can - eliminated refined sugar from my diet. No chocolate, sweets etc only using xylitol to bake breakfast muffins with and the odd bit of powder stevia to sweeten my green smoothie.

Wondering if a high sugar smoothie like pineapple, Orange and strawberry is a good idea before a workout for energy, instead of eating which I'm usually too busy to do. It would also be an alternative to protein bar if I added some protein powder, but not sure if this is a good idea or not.

We are in the fitness forum, are we not? Did someone really just recommend having a bottle of lemonade over a fruit smoothie?

OP, forget about the sugar content. Unless you're highly overweight and are meticulously counting your calories then a couple of fruit smoothies aren't going to kill you ffs. It's fruit! Go nuts, and seeing as you're using a blender you're also getting the fibre, which is important! Don't mind the sugar nazis.

No not overweight at all. And I only drink about 200ml serving too. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Bit the bullet and got me one of those there last week. Anybody know the story with imported frozen berries? They still on the banned substance list? I had a load couple days back from Lidl. Would be nice not to get Hep A.

Only seeing now the Ninja is shading the bullet in reviews and cheaper. But it looks like space junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Was feeling lazy last night so did two large nutribullet shakes and called it dinner. Quickest, easiest dinner in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

Zillah wrote: »
    Was feeling lazy last night so did two large nutribullet shakes and called it dinner. Quickest, easiest dinner in the world.

Sausage and chips? Curry chips ?

I find if I throw a cornetto in as well it saves time eating desert

Some soup as well and it makes a 3 course meal at one sitting

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

worded wrote: »
    I find if I throw a cornetto in as well it saves time eating desert
    I actually liquidised cheap choc ices with vodka (choc ices with no sticks) and made a lovely cocktail, topped up with coke.

I also was doing old oranges and apples in the nutribullet which I had forgotten about. They were not mouldy or anything but were old, dry & wizzened, ones I would not have eaten -and I am not one for throwing out food. I couldn't tell any difference in taste.

It's officially a fantastic gadget.

Anybody know if the frozen fruit is ok?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

frozen fruit is fine, its a good way to make your smoothie cold etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Few people on a forum I go on have been using this

said it's the same as the nutribullet.

Anyone any opinions on this?

Cooling effect on beverage is excellent. But it's not so fine if I contract Hep A from human faecal manure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

Any links to these claims?

Berry producers were using human sewage on their berry plants ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Warning hasn't been withdrawn afaik:
    https://www.fsai.ie/faqs/berries_hepatitis_a.html

Discussed here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89660918 and here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056996021&page=3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cooling effect on beverage is excellent. But it's not so fine if I contract Hep A from human faecal manure.

If they are imported boil them, if they are Irish they are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Look, don't use them cause they make a shjte smoothie anyway

If they are imported boil them, if they are Irish they are fine.

Fūck buying frozen berries then boiling them. Practically all frozen are imported. I was just wondering if anyone knew if the boil (frozen imported) berry notice was still in place.

Juke confirms it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Bought my nutribullet today, oh yes. But, will it blend?

• Advertisement

Nice cat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Jeez don't blend the cat ! ! !

blinding wrote: »
    Jeez don't blend the cat ! ! !

Cat, ice cubes and pineapple. Mmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

When I purchase one> A tin of processed peas, grated carrot and a pear.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

human faeces is in food and water in many countries, as reflected by the worldwide prevalence of ascaris. It's spread via human faeces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Forgetting about human faeces for a moment:
    Has anybody got a Nutribullet Pro or a Nutri Ninja?
    Which is better? Pros? Cons?
    Can they both crush ice? Frozen fruit?
    Do the juices get warm after blending?

Cheers

galljga1 wrote: »
    Forgetting about human faeces for a moment:
    Has anybody got a Nutribullet Pro or a Nutri Ninja?
    Which is better? Pros? Cons?
    Can they both crush ice? Frozen fruit?
    Do the juices get warm after blending?

Cheers

Have the Ninja - really love it. Makes smoothies so easily. Very smooth too - no lumps, traces of pips etc..

Crushes ice no problem which is great for me as most of my fruit is just on the kitchen table.

Juices do not get warm after blending. They obviously won't be cold if your fruit is room temp starting off though.

About the frozen berries ..... what I'm doing at the moment is buying berries when cheap or on offer and freezing my own.

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Have the Ninja - really love it. Makes smoothies so easily. Very smooth too - no lumps, traces of pips etc..

Crushes ice no problem which is great for me as most of my fruit is just on the kitchen table.

Juices do not get warm after blending. They obviously won't be cold if your fruit is room temp starting off though.

About the frozen berries ..... what I'm doing at the moment is buying berries when cheap or on offer and freezing my own.

Cheers.
    I use a kenwood blender at the mo. Lots of lumps, pips etc.
    I don't use frozen fruit due to the blender but would if I had one that could handle it. I will have shortly.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Cheers.
    I use a kenwood blender at the mo. Lots of lumps, pips etc.
    I don't use frozen fruit due to the blender but would if I had one that could handle it. I will have shortly.

Another thing that's great ...

Myself and my OH just made smoothies for ourselves there 5 mins ago. We both wanted different ingredients. No hassle, a cup each, throw in our ingredients into our own cup and just make two individual smoothies - only have to wash the lid with blade after each one as the cup you make them in is the cup you drink it in. Very easy

• Advertisement

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Another thing that's great ...

Myself and my OH just made smoothies for ourselves there 5 mins ago. We both wanted different ingredients. No hassle, a cup each, throw in our ingredients into our own cup and just make two individual smoothies - only have to wash the lid with blade after each one as the cup you make them in is the cup you drink it in. Very easy

Yeah sounds good. My kids always want different ingredients and the one i have has a tap that always clogs and has to be taken apart to clean. I might just pop to the shops tomorrow and get one. Not too happy with this frozen berry situ. I will just have to buy fresh in bulk and freeze.

Advertisement