Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland becoming most obese country in Europe

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

papu wrote: »
    Chippers, Euro saver menu.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, It makes you hungry and less likely to stick to any kind of diet you have going.

Ever drink cider, particularly bulmers? It's not known for giving people a sugar belly for nowt. :)

I'll say the same thing as I said in the last thread about this.

I'm from what you might call a disadvantaged area and tbh there's very few overweight kids, there's certainly no epidemic anyway. In fairness though my area is full of outlets for activity such as a local gym and popular boxing and soccer clubs.

As I said it's a disadvantaged area that doesn't have the benefit of grants, but what it does have is people who are committed to the community and who actually care about helping kids enough to do something.

I'm not having a go at anyone here, but I feel everytime this topic pops up, there is a disconnect. People are quick to judge without offering any solid solution. There are people out there trying to actually make a difference to this problem so if you care that much, maybe you should join them?

Advertisement