Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

My good deed is done for the day, went herding a 6 and spotted a sheep on her back belonging to a fella bounding us who is in hospital at the moment with a grey crow circling her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

My good deed is done for the day, went herding a 6 and spotted a sheep on her back belonging to a fella bounding us who is in hospital at the moment with a grey crow circling her.

Fair play LC what had you out herding at that hour of a Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    Watched a good horror there and a few beers, have to wait till herself is out for that sort if viewing.

Same as that or wait till I'm on duty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Bullocks wrote: »

Went to bed at 1 and was still awake and buzzing at half five. Was saying to myself if I didn't look at them then they wouldn't be seen for the day!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Used to like Zombie films, 28 days, that sort of stuff.
    Gone right off it since

It'll happen yet I tells ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Bullock, sure he was probably on his way home from somewhere at that hour:D
    Fair play LC, can't beat good neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

Went to bed at 1 and was still awake and buzzing at half five.

Sounds like a chemical night at the hyrdo! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Watched a good horror there and a few beers, have to wait till herself is out for that sort if viewing.

Is she an x factor fan?

Sounds like a chemical night at the hyrdo! :-)

And took a short cut home through a "handy field"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

having a healthy breakfast of king crisps and a mug of tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

As said good neighbours are hard to beat. And you have photographic proof. Ya should be a solicitor.
    Remember reading about lad doing law in college that asked to mow lawn for his neighbours while they were on holiday for a few weeks. When they came back the job had been except for a small square in the middle of the lawn. When asked why he didn't mow that bit he said he wanted them to see what the whole lawn would of looked like if he had done nothing. The cute h**r

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

whelan2 wrote: »
    having a healthy breakfast of king crisps and a mug of tea
    Did you ever try a tayto sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

They're like cockroaches. Nothing will wipe them out.

A few lads round here trying their level best to do so putting 12x6s behind them! !!!!

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Did you ever try a tayto sandwich?
    that would be very unhealthy:) yup often had them

normally end up cursing when rolling out drainage pipe as it gets messed up, we put the roll on the prong of the bale carrier on front of digger and just pulled the end, 2 rolls out in 15 minutes and down in drain, this was 6inch wihich is probably handier than smaller stuff. Guy who was doing drinage here last year had a dolly type thing that you sit the roll on and it turns as you pull the end, oh filling in the drain now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

A farming programs on tv3 a year on the land,alot of milking going on

normally end up cursing when rolling out drainage pipe as it gets messed up, we put the roll on the prong of the bale carrier on front of digger and just pulled the end, 2 rolls out in 15 minutes and down in drain, this was 6inch wihich is probably handier than smaller stuff. Guy who was doing drinage here last year had a dolly type thing that you sit the roll on and it turns as you pull the end, oh filling in the drain now

Did similar yesterday with crow bar and a heavy roll of barbed wire . I held one end of crow bar and the old lad pulled away with like a clydsdale. Must make up a yoke for doing it right

Did similar yesterday with crow bar and a heavy roll of barbed wire . I held one end of crow bar and the old lad pulled away with like a clydsdale. Must make up a yoke for doing it right
    its a fooker if the roll of barbed moves on the bar, gets dropped fairly quick:)

its a fooker if the roll of barbed moves on the bar, gets dropped fairly quick:)

You can sing that , unfortunately my old lad doesn't stop to command aswell as a clydsdale, he stays going at least 6' after he shouldve stopped!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

You can sing that , unfortunately my old lad doesn't stop to command aswell as a clydsdale, he stays going at least 6' after he shouldve stopped!

Clamp a pair of Vicegrips on the bar to save your hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

I came up with the idea of putting the crow bar and put it trough a roll of wire and the put the two side in the balls of tractor lift arms when me and the father were fencing,worked the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

If you lie the drainage pipe on its side. Grab the end on the inside and when it's down at the bottom. Tie sum twine around the end and put the twine around your tow bar. Drive slowly and it will unravel perfect and won't kink. The twine allows the pipe to twist & turn while unraveling. You have to grab the pipe inside and down or it won't unravel correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Can't stop laughing at this fella. Jesus the size of him, if he was in a field with normal sized cows wouldn't he get awful frustrated :D

I hope he's called Tyrion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

In serious horrors from the weekend. Was at a stag in westport. Dont remember the majority of friday night. Guards found me passed out.

Kovu wrote: »
    Can't stop laughing at this fella. Jesus the size of him, if he was in a field with normal sized cows wouldn't he get awful frustrated :D

I hope he's called Tyrion!

Don't be sneering him. He's vertically challenged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Reggie. wrote: »
    Don't be sneering him. He's vertically challenged

I'm not sneering him, he's adorable. Like a polly pocket bull. :P

Kovu wrote: »
    I'm not sneering him, he's adorable. Like a polly pocket bull. :P

You'll like me so , I'm a short arse aswell !

In serious horrors from the weekend. Was at a stag in westport. Dont remember the majority of friday night. Guards found me passed out.

What where ya drinking:)

You'll like me so , I'm a short arse aswell !

Best things come in small packages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

What where ya drinking:)

The bits i remember i was on guinness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement