Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 35 Match day Thread

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    Ended up 5,186. FFFix bang on again!

4 solid greens now, almost back where I was before the disaster of GW 31.

It's funny, I've found them quite inaccurate any time I've used them, this week included. It's funny how they can be so accurate for one team, and quite a bit off for another.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It's funny, I've found them quite inaccurate any time I've used them, this week included. It's funny how they can be so accurate for one team, and quite a bit off for another.

I've always found them fairly good. Within 1k or so. They've been within about 50 places for the three updates this week though. May depend on what ranking territory you're in. May be more bunched and harder to predict at some ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Not clicking confirm on Ramsey was an unmitigated disaster for me. Looking at his 12 points sitting on the bench, taunting me has pretty much made me decide to not bother for the rest of the season.

41 for the week sees me drop from 11k to 16k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    I've always found them fairly good. Within 1k or so. They've been within about 50 places for the three updates this week though. May depend on what ranking territory you're in. May be more bunched and harder to predict at some ranges.

Yeah, I think maybe my expectation of them is a bit high!! I think it's cos I can normally calculate fairly accurately my rise/fall. For example this week, I started at 8.4k, scored 58, and FPL Discovery had the 10k average at 57. I know that, around my ranking, 1 point is worth approximately 250 points. FFFix predicted that I would be at 7.7k, but I kinda knew that would be too much. Finished at 8.1k.

I suppose now that I think about it, they were only 400 places off, which isn't too bad, but I just know that I can work it out better myself.

Where I should test this is when I am about to have either a big rise or a big fall - would in theory be harder for me to accurately work out my rise/fall in that scenario. When I score only 1 point over the 10k ave it's easy enough for me to know it's a slight green arrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

63 (no hits. I would have been happy enough with that until I saw my rival's team.
    He brought in Benteke and captained him and has Myhill and Sanchez.
    A lead of over 100 is down to 55 now.
    In a word, f***.
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

El festino wrote: »
    63 (no hits. I would have been happy enough with that until I saw my rival's team.
    He brought in Benteke and captained him and has Myhill and Sanchez.
    A lead of over 100 is down to 55 now.
    In a word, f***.
    :mad:

Similar rival had Sanchez captained Benteke Coutinho and Ramsey. My lead down to 46

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dropped 400 places to 1.9k after 51 pts.
    Hackers made unbelievable headway in a couple of my pay leagues. If he had captained sanchez instead of hazard he would have had the highest score in the world this week. A remarkable gw fair play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm resigned to the fact that I am not going to win my money league this year. 3rd and 4th had Sanchez. 2nd, 3rd and 4th are 16, 26 and 38 points behind me so it's likely one will catch me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

91 points.

GW rank of 1680

Jumped from 42k to 20k.

Hello top 10k, in 3 weeks I'll be joining you! This is a great lesson in why not being a complete fecking eejit for half the season when I got bored and one week can change everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm resigned to the fact that I am not going to win my money league this year. 3rd and 4th had Sanchez. 2nd, 3rd and 4th are 16, 26 and 38 points behind me so it's likely one will catch me.
    Why such pessimism? You're still ahead. Can't you buy Sanchez as a blocker for example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

dropped 400 places to 1.9k after 51 pts.
    Hackers made unbelievable headway in a couple of my pay leagues. If he had captained sanchez instead of hazard he would have had the highest score in the world this week. A remarkable gw fair play.

He had him VC as well! To put 50 points into a lot of people in a single GW is remarkable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

FutureGuy wrote: »

Get that negative thinking out of your head, of course you can win it, get Sanchez in now and any other Arsenal players they have to negate the chances in GW37. Keep an eye on their team value daily and you'll know what transfers they've made before deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,997 ✭✭✭✭CSF

iroced wrote: »
    Why such pessimism? You're still ahead. Can't you buy Sanchez as a blocker for example?

Exactly. And there's me trying to find a source of optimism when 27 points behind!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

91 points.

GW rank of 1680

Jumped from 42k to 20k.

Hello top 10k, in 3 weeks I'll be joining you! This is a great lesson in why not being a complete fecking eejit for half the season when I got bored and one week can change everything!

Similar to me, I had my best week this week with 84(-4) with the hit being for Sanchez jumping up to 16k from 27k. I also made a lot of ****e transfers earlier in the season for points hits so have only made afew in the 2nd half of the season which is working out for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »

I get his pessimism to be honest. Last year I was 80 points ahead of a lad with something like seven or eight GWs left. From then on I could do nothing right and he could do nothing wrong. It was inevitable that he'd beat me and I could just feel it coming each week. It's a lot easier to chase than to lead the pack I found.

He beat me by seven points on the final day last year. If I'd captained Sturridge instead of Suarez and played Mata instead of Lallana I'd have beaten him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    I get his pessimism to be honest. Last year I was 80 points ahead of a lad with something like seven or eight GWs left. From then on I could do nothing right and he could do nothing wrong. It was inevitable that he'd beat me and I could just feel it coming each week. It's a lot easier to chase than to lead the pack I found.

He beat me by seven points on the final day last year. If I'd captained Sturridge instead of Suarez and played Mata instead of Lallana I'd have beaten him.
    I understand that. But, since I was in the same position than you last year in my private league (but managed to win it by 7 pts :p), are we not getting over-parano at times about the teams chasing us when we're leading? Like over-analysing their moves, trying to counter them (like making blocking transfers) instead of making the transfers which are best for our team, etc... ?

And I know that, while saying that, I adviced FutureGuy to make a blocker move :pac:. But I'd say there are 2 categories of players. And someone so highly owned and performing like he is (Sanchez) deserves to be used as a blocker. I mean you can differentiate and take the risks elsewhere. Like associating him wiith Ramsey and/or getting Benteke upfront and/or a Leicester def (they still have favourable enough fixtures and have something to play for).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

54 points brings my 8th Red arrow in a row and seems me drop outside the top 1000 for the first time since GW17 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

menoscemo wrote: »
    54 points brings my 8th Red arrow in a row and seems me drop outside the top 1000 for the first time since GW17 :mad:

8 in a row and you stayed in the top 1k until now? You must've been fairly high up?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Few days later and I'm still sad I missed the deadline on Benteke. Note to self: ignore work. Do FPL first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Few days later and I'm still sad I missed the deadline on Benteke. Note to self: ignore work. Do FPL first.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

stephenl15 wrote: »
    8 in a row and you stayed in the top 1k until now? You must've been fairly high up?:rolleyes:

I sense a non believer?
    I was 211 now 1018 http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2056508/history/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

It's not really the number of reds, but the size. DGW31 killed me, I'd much rather have had 8 small reds in a row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

Or 3.3k, consistency has been the key for me this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am so ready for the end of the season. Can keep interested in it. My ranking has dropped from 8k to 10k in the last few weeks and am out of ideas!
    Will just keep threading water until the GW38 deadline!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I am so ready for the end of the season. Can keep interested in it. My ranking has dropped from 8k to 10k in the last few weeks and am out of ideas!
    Will just keep threading water until the GW38 deadline!

8k to 10k is not that bad, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rikand wrote: »
    8k to 10k is not that bad, lol

First world problems. :D

Advertisement