Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirt Rally

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

BIGT4464 wrote: »
    8 euro on the black Friday sale. might give it a try.

Is that on the Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Colinoh

Redo91 wrote: »
    Is that on the Store?

It's also 9.99 on Humble Bumble
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-rally?hmb_source=search_bar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Doge

Has anyone some tweaks for the VR settings on PC?

Im running it on an EVGA GTX 1080, ryzen 1600 and 16gb DDR3 RAM and get noticeable slow motion on parts of the stage.

Where as on my PSVR it ran perfectly smooth albeit at a lower resolution.

Hmmm seems this user has the same problem running the same graphics card as me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5w0zjt/dirt_rally_steam_vr_poor_frame_rate/

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Doge wrote:
    Where as on my PSVR it ran perfectly smooth albeit at a lower resolution.

Is there much difference in the resolution? Had a psvr but the resolution was a deal breaker for me and I sold it and put the cash towards a gaming Pc

• Advertisement

Is there much difference in the resolution? Had a psvr but the resolution was a deal breaker for me and I sold it and put the cash towards a gaming Pc

I havent really compared them side by side to be honest but I'd take smooth gameplay over high resolution anyday.

You can get used to the lower resolution of the PSVR after a while.

But since you've a gaming PC you now have the option of upgrading to a rift for £350 from amazon! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Doge wrote:
    But since you've a gaming PC you now have the option of upgrading to a rift for £350 from amazon!

Ultimately that's the plan! Looking forward to giving assetto corsa and raceroom a go with the oculus eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know how to save the controller settings I've to reconfigure it every time I start the game, pedals, wheel shifter everything it won't hold onto the settings.

Dirt Rally is 10$ for 24 hours on here:

https://www.chrono.gg/

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Hey lads, looking to get a rally sim. have all the tarmac stuff, this looks to be great craic.

is this really €50 on Steam???? its years old...

how does the steam key thing work, I think I bought one for something years ago, is it like pay for the key, enter key and download the game?

Clive.

• Advertisement

Hey lads, looking to get a rally sim. have all the tarmac stuff, this looks to be great craic.

is this really €50 on Steam???? its years old...

how does the steam key thing work, I think I bought one for something years ago, is it like pay for the key, enter key and download the game?

Clive.

Don't buy it on steam, it's way to expensive 5.95 here, you should be paying under 10 euro. Once you have the download key take it to steam and enter it and then the download will start.

Excellent game and even better with an oculus. Don't expect to master it on your first lap.

Hi Lads, Bought this last night, got the key as suggested, total bargain! Got home late from work and took an hour to download so not great sitting down at 11pm to have a quick go.... first off, bought the Fulvia and started the Greek rally, started of with the acclimatisation run, or whatever its called to make sure the seating position is in the right spot and make changes to the wheel pedal setup.

Is there an option to remove the wheel/hands in the game, I have my monitor in front of my screen so dont need to see 2 lol.

First impressions:
    Handling physics and FFB seems really good, watched the training videos about weighting corners of the car and I have to say you could actually feel that through the wheel. still went off track loads.. ha ha. Car didnt want to stop at all when going downhill, almost like the engine was still pushing it forward while on the brakes, I was pushing in the clutch sometimes to get it stopped in time.. weird quirke..

anyway looking forward to giving it a better go tonight. any tips well appreciated lads.

You have to drive at about 70% of what you think you can actually drive at. My mate said the other day he thought we should change the settings as it felt slippy I had to point out he was doing 100mph on a bumpy gravel road and suggested he take his own can out and see how she handles.

You can change all those setting in profiles > game preferences.

You can change the set up of the pedals to give you a different feel it might help, I just copied this guys settings and seem to be fine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-xPKchkZCE&t=25s I'm using a fanatec wheel but still my old g27 pedals.

It's a hard game, I started to try left foot breaking and it gave me a little more time, i'm still up someones bumper crossing the finish line in auto cross, losing a bit of time due to dodgy gear changes but i'm blaming my clutch for that.

If you like sims this is the game to make you buy an oculus, it really is unreal with the headset on.

Had my first proper go tonight, havent been off it!
    Just one more stage.. just one more stage, havent had this much fun in a sim in ages, learning all the time, great when suddenly the pace notes click, and you get a little picture of whats coming up in your head, love it.

im going to get loads of mileage out of this. :D

Advertisement