Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Match day Thread.

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

93 points. No hits.

World Rank up to 8875 from 19k.
    GW rank of 8867.

Sitting here with a fecking puss on me. :pac:

Rivals scored 77 and 74 with 8 point hits.

I was hoping to be a good 40 points ahead of them today, but it's only 23 and 27. That's a wrong captaincy choice.

In addition an injury to Huth has made me rethink my transfer plans.

Exciting and horrific at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    6,900 OR, well played FFFix.

50k GW rank, best in a while.

As predicted am delighted. :)

I hope you've revised your targets accordingly, top 5k shouldn't be a problem now.;)

I've dropped over 200 places to 779, in a disappointing week of 66(-4) that'll do fine. The difference between me and my old nemesis busts is down to 22 points, what's the betting that we'll be neck and neck again very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I hope you've revised your targets accordingly, top 5k shouldn't be a problem now.;)

I've dropped over 200 places to 779, in a disappointing week of 66(-4) that'll do fine. The difference between me and my old nemesis busts is down to 22 points, what's the betting that we'll be neck and neck again very soon.

Dropped 60 places myself to 1520 after 72-4. The last 15 mins of last nites game didn't help me as I only had ivan and Hazard and things were looking great for a while. Big decisions now about which combo of arsenal players to get and when to get them. If I can make those 22 pts up it should go a long way towards winning a couple of pay leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dropped 60 places myself to 1520 after 72-4. The last 15 mins of last nites game didn't help me as I only had ivan and Hazard and things were looking great for a while. Big decisions now about which combo of arsenal players to get and when to get them. If I can make those 22 pts up it should go a long way towards winning a couple of pay leagues.

Busts are you in the Pay league?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Another poor week for myself with only 65 points. Schlupp and Remy hit me hard. The gap between 3rd and 4th is getting closer week by week.

On a side note, when are the points hits taken away from a player's score?

The points hits are gone from your total score as soon as the first update for the GW, even though they don't come off your GW Score in the column beside.

Top three in the Harps league still looks to be yours to lose, Busts and the other fella seem fairly safe while I think I can just about count myself in the chasing pack trying to catch you from 7th place, although 31 points is a lot in 4 GWs.

6 FSA posters in the top 10! :)

Looks more hopeful, but wouldn't call it no problem just yet. 3 consecutive OR green arrows since my fatal GW31 is promising though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Top three in the Harps league still looks to be yours to lose, Busts and the other fella seem fairly safe while I think I can just about count myself in the chasing pack trying to catch you from 7th place, although 31 points is a lot in 4 GWs.

You could make up 31 points in DGW37 alone. I think 80 points or more is unassailable at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

You could make up 31 points in DGW37 alone. I think 80 points or more is unassailable at this point

Depends, I am facing a field of Boards FSA regulars with solid teams with many similarities, and will be even more similar by DGW37. You'd need to hit some hell of a differential for that DGW to race 30 points ahead of experienced people like that who will also be well set up for the double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

75(-8) and my 7th red arrow in a row. I am regretting my 8 point hit now especially getting schlupp in but hopefully he gets back and plays well the rest of the season.

Now down to 870. Need to somehow find a green arrow to regroup and hold on to a top 1000 place....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Depends, I am facing a field of Boards FSA regulars with solid teams with many similarities, and will be even more similar by DGW37. You'd need to hit some hell of a differential for that DGW to race 30 points ahead of experienced people like that who will also be well set up for the double.

Yeah, I don't think there will be wild swings like DGW31 but there could easily be 20 points difference between key Arsenal trios alone. Throw in no clear cut captaincy choice like this past one and 30 points is reasonable if one of Sanchez/Ozil/Giroud/Ramsey absolutely kill it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

52 points. Only fell 5k places from 26k to 31k. Delighted with that.

Final push to try and make the top 20k. My run of finishing in the top 15k consistently appears to have ended on year five.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

My wildcard went well and ended up with 91 points :D

Jumped from top 3,000 to top 1,500 so well worth it

My highest ever OR so thank you to those on here for their advice!

I'd need a minor miracle to break the top 100 but I'd be delighted to end the season around 1,500

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Definitely be a miracle to break top 100 at this stage :D if you can score 91 a week from here you could get there though!

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Busts are you in the Pay league?

I'm not in the boards ones I'd be 3rd if I'd entered. I'm currently top of the Harps and Bohs pay league by 2 pts in each. Both of these leagues have 750 for the winner. Myself and Swiper aren't competing in any paid league we just always seem to end up in and around the same rank s throughout the season the past 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Wouldn't call myself experienced by any stretch! Only really my 2nd season playing the game properly. I'll hopefully hold out but wouldn't bet on it.

I've just noticed that my cup final opponent still has his wildcard so no doubt he'll be using it for W36 :(

As Ziegler said gw 37 would be quite easy to make up 20 to 30 pts if you get the right arsenal combo and captain. The differential could be a single gw player that performs that week also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

F1ngers wrote: »

It says a lot about our overall quality that we were one of the few teams to get over 270 and yet didn't have a single player in the top 10! What a team!

Advertisement