Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Match day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ye things were looking good for me after the ivan assist. I really should have gone an extra -4 for Terry like I planned to once I sold Remy.

I did a -4 for Ivan but wouldn't have done a -4 for Terry if I didn't already have him. No need to beat yourself up over that one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

There aren't too many points between 5k and 10k. You just need Albrighton to pull a Phillips and you're there most likely

Hail to the prophet by the way! :D. Not quite a 20 pointer but it'll do!

12k GW rank ties my best of the season. Three 12k and one 15k; hopefully I can crack that top 10k GW rank in the last four

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

12k GW rank ties my best of the season. Three 12k and one 15k; hopefully I can crack that top 10k GW rank in the last four

Just goes to show what a well judged hit can do. A lot of people would have baulked at the idea of taking a -12.

Just goes to show what a well judged hit can do. A lot of people would have baulked at the idea of taking a -12.

+14 points from my four transfers after the 12 point hit removed. Liverpool mids were a disappointment but also the most obvious. I probably would have been more reluctant if I was defending a lead rather than chasing

• Advertisement

+14 points from my four transfers after the 12 point hit removed. Liverpool mids were a disappointment but also the most obvious. I probably would have been more reluctant if I was defending a lead rather than chasing

I did three for-8

Outgoing players scored 4, but it would be 6 really as I'd have played Bertrand rather than the injured Naughton.

Incoming players scored 25

Net gain after the hit of 11 points. Not bad considering Sterling was one of the three in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

73 (-16)

3k rise overall to 37k not particularly happy. Why do I need to be so stupid sometimes.

It could have been so much better. Anyway it is what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Net gain of 19 points after a -8 hit.Finished on 75 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

unkymo wrote: »
    106 now for the week, a perfectly played wildcard!

GW rank this week; 528 (my highest ever)

I jumped from 150k to 65k this week. After GW 30 i was at 350k so a huge gain in 4 weeks!

And I won the monthly prize in the Boards pay league as well...a good week all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Ended on 70 (-4). Could've been a lot worse really, a drop of about 150 places to 2.4k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

73(-4)
    Up to 29,000
    Albrighton, Bellerin and Dawson on the bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

89 pts (no hits)

OR ∆ 16k - 6.8k

Thank's for the help :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Ended on 92.
    Would have broken 100 if I captained Ivan or JT over Hazard.

10k GW rank and I'm continuing my late season surge up the OR.
    Was 435k 5 weeks ago, down to 96k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jumped from ~ 54k to 38k - onwards and upwards - last 3/4 GWS have been really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

up from 16k to 11k

Finishing strongly after the awful middle part of my season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have finally broke inside the Top 10k after an increase of 300 places leaves me in 9,909th. Going to be left with some tough choices over the next few weeks and will probably have to bite the bullet and take a -8 to get my team looking good again.

FHFC wrote: »
    FFFix predicting ranking rise to 6,700 which I'd be delighted with.

6,900 OR, well played FFFix.

50k GW rank, best in a while.

As predicted am delighted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

61 (-4) sees red arrows but only down 2k to 55k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Should be on 76 (-8) after BPs and auto-subs updates. A net gain of 3.9 pts over top 10k. Clearly not a disaster in itself and in theory but in practice and in my GW32-38 plan it's not far from it.

[...]

Will that be enough to get inside top 20k? I'm not sure...

Just about! 18 992 :D ! Highest OR of the season :cool:. But my transfers were a disaster.
    C. Dawson 5 ............................................... Schlupp 0 (Coloccini autosub in with 1)
    Eriksen 2 .................................................... Sterling 5
    Walters 2 but would have played Kane 5 .......... Cambiasso 5
    ................................................................. -8

Ah well, my GW33 transfers worked better
    Sanchez: Walters autosub in with 5 + 3 .......... Fabregas: 3 + 8
    Giroud: C. Dawson autosub in with 6 + 2 ......... Vardy: 2 + 12

So even if I make it an 8 pts hit (they were for free but let's take worse case scenario and add unplanned transfers to my next GWs plan) I'd still be 1 pt positive here.

And if I have an overall look at those 5 "DGW" transfers I'm even :eek: :(. So much efforts for nothing :rolleyes: :pac:...

Down 1k today to ~25k.

Back to 40 pts now...
    29 pts away now :). All in all there is progress. Must look at the bright side!
    I reckon it'd still be very tough to catch those 29 pts in 4 GWs only! It'll probably take 4 good captain choices but how to... :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

56 (-4). A bit of a disaster. But I still managed to extend my lead over my rival by 3 points. Every cloud and all that...

With the exception of Skrtel, putting all my eggs in the Liverpool basket kind of backfired. Really thought Henderson and Sterling would've done better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

61(-4) seen the tiniest of green arrows but kept my upward climb king . Just !
    139k up from 141k
    Transfer this week most likely Bertrand to smalling leaving enough for fab to Sanchez the following week and mata to Ramsey as well possibly. Not much took for manouver on prices though and I may even bring in Giroud instead for Kane

km79 wrote: »
    Transfer this week most likely Bertrand to smalling leaving enough for fab to Sanchez the following week and mata to Ramsey as well possibly. Not much took for manouver on prices though and I may even bring in Giroud instead for Kane
    Wouldn't you consider an Arsenal def instead? They're on a good run. Swansea, Sunderland & West Brom at home in their last 5 games ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

74 (-8) Delighted with the gamble as I gained 30 points exactly on my immediate rival to overtake him. Seen him and another guy were playing it safe making only one transfer. Only regret is Davis in goals instead of Myhill.

Used in the correct manner hots work perfectly! Here's to a big finish to the season, up to 27,000 odd now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wouldn't you consider an Arsenal def instead? They're on a good run. Swansea, Sunderland & West Brom at home in their last 5 games ;).

I have bellerin. I know he prob won't play both games in double and I'd rather kos but I'm not wasting a transfer. I also may bank it and bring in PVA to give me more wiggle room in case I want giroud instead ! I'm giving it a week to see how Sanchez Ramsey giroud play this weekend

km79 wrote: »
    I have bellerin. I know he prob won't play both games in double and I'd rather kos but I'm not wasting a transfer. I also may bank it and bring in PVA to give me more wiggle room in case I want giroud instead ! I'm giving it a week to see how Sanchez Ramsey giroud play this weekend
    Ah right. Well yeah no point wasting a transfer for him then ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

72 (-4) gives me a tiny green arrow. Up to 3.1k. Would take that at the end of GW 38.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

72 Points, no hits. From 54k in GW33 to 42k in GW34. Unless I throw away a 104 point lead in my pay league i'll be in the money come the 24th of may :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

GW rank of 25k is my third highest of the year.

GW27 - GW31 really was a bad time for me this season. Having been around the top 1k area for most of the season I dropped down to 7k during this period.

With 3 green arrows in the last 3 GW's I'm now at 3k OR.

Hoping I can maintain this push for the last 4 GW's and finish near the Top 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

FHFC wrote: »
    84(-8) gained a bit on you but pointless at this stage, be interested to see if I'm close to top 3 again. Edgbaston having Terry and Fab is a blow!

FFFix predicting ranking rise to 6,700 which I'd be delighted with.

Another poor week for myself with only 65 points. Schlupp and Remy hit me hard. The gap between 3rd and 4th is getting closer week by week.

On a side note, when are the points hits taken away from a player's score?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

FInally crawled back to my original GW 3 rank of approximately 65K. Only took me 30 weeks

Advertisement