Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBRC Sale of Siteserv at €100 million loss.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭blackwhite

So the agency which is controlled by the Government involved in this case (the Revenue Commissioners) were trying to get him to pay a higher bill, yet the judiciary (which is independent of the Government) found in his favour.

That's some great evidence of FG working for DOB you've got there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

blackwhite wrote: »
    So the agency which is controlled by the Government involved in this case (the Revenue Commissioners) were trying to get him to pay a higher bill, yet the judiciary (which is independent of the Government) found in his favour.

That's some great evidence of FG working for DOB you've got there :pac:

government of the day though.
    not everyone can move their tax affairs out of the state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Trending on Twitter right now....

This has grown legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

The story has been pulled from the Times, the Independent and the Joural websites who had been reporting what TD Catherine Murphy said.

The press is being gagged by a single individual from reporting what a TD said under Dail privilege. It's being gagged from reporting by a person who secured loan money from a bank that the people own, it's being gagged from reporting by a person who has won lucrative government contracts.

The pubic interest in this will go very deep indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Trending on Twitter right now....

This has grown legs.

What an outstanding woman, its great to see a politician with courage and morals.

Its no wonder she's despised by denis o briens fine gael party and the Government apologists on here!

It's something like out of Citizen Kane

Fair play to Catherine Murphy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭GJG

Irish politics podcast Here's How now up with a new episode covering the Catherine Murphy / Denis O'Brien / Siteserve scandal in full.

HeresHow.ie

• Advertisement

So finally FG/Lab realise that this issue needed a proper investigation.

However, the investigation is still flawed.

I feel this might unearth a few very interesting details

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Care to elaborate on this (and I'm not disputing you, I'm wondering your reasons for the view)?
    In what way is it flawed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

So finally FG/Lab realise that this issue needed a proper investigation.

I would not hold your breath.... Just another fudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Basically, Fine Gael have given Denis O'Brien a €100 million gift courtesy of the Irish taxpayer.
    The usual Blueshirt apologists will be along here shortly.!
    there may well be something dodgy going on, even if there is the alternatives are such a joke, FG could do much worse and would still get my vote. Potential dodgy dealing for a few million or potential ruination of the country like the alternatives we have, one has a consequence if found guilty, the other and you have a get out of jail free card :eek:

FG must love the FAI

The sepp Blatter money has taken all focus away from this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 wisejohn

i wonder if phil hogan had a different plan for uisce eireann, maybe public private partnership. with dob and his investors in the background, will we ever know?

wisejohn wrote: »
    i wonder if phil hogan had a different plan for uisce eireann, maybe public private partnership. with dob and his investors in the background, will we ever know?
    No but obviously speculating corruption is just as good to moan about as the real thing!
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

wisejohn wrote: »

Phil was rewarded greatly for helping set up a "god awful mess".

Sinn Fein making further allegations that O'Brien received a 350 million loan from IBRC from the special liquidator.

Sinn Fein making further allegations that O'Brien received a 350 million loan from IBRC from the special liquidator.

Nice!

At least we won't have to hear from the Coward Kenny for a fortnight. He usually disappears once a story about he's best mate Denis o brien breaks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,430 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Anything illegal?

Not much from SF recently but then the day the DPP up North confirms that the SF leader didn't bother doing anything when he found out his brother was raping his niece, the SF deflection team come out in force!

It's good to know that SF are the defenders of the little people!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

kbannon wrote: »
    Not much from SF recently but then the day the DPP up North confirms that the SF leader didn't bother doing anything when he found out his brother was raping his niece, the SF deflection team come out in force!

It's good to know that SF are the defenders of the little people!

Any opinion on the substantial points raised by Doherty in the Dail?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

The special liquidators of IBRC say that he is 'wholly inaccurate and misleading'.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

To be honest I didn't hear the news yesterday so I don't have the details on it.
    Still normal SF deflection though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

kbannon wrote: »
    To be honest I didn't hear the news yesterday so I don't have the details on it.
    You have a habit of not keeping up with recent developments, wasn't it yourself who didn't know which judge actually granted O'Brien his injunction, while 'daring' me to post details of Murphy's speech, not realising it was already all over the internet, (including boards.ie), in full.
    Still normal SF deflection though!
    Something something, O'Briens loans, default response by his defenders something something Gerry Adams, gene mcconville, northern bank.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

You have a habit of not keeping up with recent developments, wasn't it yourself who didn't know which judge actually granted O'Brien his injunction, while 'daring' me to post details of Murphy's speech, not realising it was already all over the internet, (including boards.ie), in full.
    1. I read an article naming the judge that approved the injunction process rather than the judge that awarded the injunction - simple error that i acknowledged immediately.
    Does one error make a habit now?
    2. I dared you to post the full details as I wanted to see how quickly the mods would pull it (or if they would allow publication of the speech which other media outlets would not).
    I know that other sites dared to publish it despite the lack of legal clarity over the matter. However, you didn't publish the speech so we'll never know if the mods would have reacted along the lines of the injunction or along the lines of broadsheet!

Something something, O'Briens loans, default response by his defenders something something Gerry Adams, gene mcconville, northern bank.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.
    So I'm a hypocrite because any time SF hit a potential PR crisis they immediately try to create a media storm over a matter that diverts attention away from their issue?
    Really, how does that make me a hypocrite? :confused:

Advertisement