Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭MFPM

Didn't see this collapse by India. NZ big chance now...can they keep the lead under 150

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭boccy23

NZ - best team in cricket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

138 needed then. In 53 overs is a comfortable equation.

NZ bowling was top class. Williamson's changes and field placement all worked. Just the drop of Pant the only bad part.

Hope they get these runs. Be great so see them win this having been robbed of the one day world cup! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭boccy23

Great that we will probably see a result as well with all the bad weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Gillespy wrote: »
    138 needed then. In 53 overs is a comfortable equation.

NZ bowling was top class. Williamson's changes and field placement all worked. Just the drop of Pant the only bad part.

Aye NZ massive favourites here the only 2 results possible are an India win (unlikely) or a NZ win (very likely) be an interesting opening spell.

100 to win in 38 overs with 9 wickets remaining. Usually, you'd say no problem, but I'm nervous.

Ashwin gets Latham stumped. Not the way an opener should be getting out really in a handy run chase.

Williamson survives with a review. I had him gone with umpire's call but it was missing.

Less than a hundred more needed now. Going right down to the wire if Ashwin has his way.

Runs coming now, few nice shots for Williamson. Just 14 needed to take a much deserved and in the context of the weather unexpected win.

WORLD TEST CHAMPIONS!!!

I'm in shock, ever thought I'd see the day. Great to see Williamson and Taylor see us through.

• Advertisement

NZ win by 8 wickets! Nothing against India but delighted NZ won!

Aye the Kiwi's certainly deserved a high profile cricket win with all the heartbreak they have had in recent finals. They were the better side by a reasonable distance and thankfully the ICC had the good sense to have a reserve day given they are playing in an English summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Does anyone know what the criteria for allowing the match to go into a reserve day was? The scorebooks I've seen online are just referring to today as day 6 but I presume if no overs were lost to the weather it would have finished on day 5 even if it had been a draw?

England cantering to a win over SL it seems in the first T20.

Does anyone know what the criteria for allowing the match to go into a reserve day was? The scorebooks I've seen online are just referring to today as day 6 but I presume if no overs were lost to the weather it would have finished on day 5 even if it had been a draw?

Yep, not sure of the specifics, but it was put in place to guarantee 5 full days of play, so any time lost due to the weather would be made up on Day 6, the length of which would be determined by the time lost due to the inclement weather.

Also SL 129/7 in the first T20, England 81/1 off 10 overs, not long left in this one, strangely it seems not to be televised anywhere I could find!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,917 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

MFPM wrote: »
    England cantering to a win over SL it seems in the first T20.

Need 25 from 42 balls

Jeez a canter and some but 129 / 7 was nothing close to being a competitive score

• Registered Users Posts: 24,917 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You don’t see many T20 internationals being won with 2.5 overs to spare.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Yep, not sure of the specifics, but it was put in place to guarantee 5 full days of play, so any time lost due to the weather would be made up on Day 6, the length of which would be determined by the time lost due to the inclement weather.

Also SL 129/7 in the first T20, England 81/1 off 10 overs, not long left in this one, strangely it seems not to be televised anywhere I could find!

It was on Sky cricket.

2nd T20 off very shortly:

Date: 24 JUN 2021
    Type: INTERNATIONAL TWENTY 20 MATCH
    Teams: England v Sri Lanka
    Starts: 18:30
    TV: Live on BBC2, Terrestrial TV for a change!

Sri Lanka win toss and bat

60c5eb79-4b0f-44cc-b83c-2dde13c2dced.png

26212708-4690-4599-9a56-b67b605eae46.png

XrPvIGa.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Sri Lanka win the toss and block, 300 by lunch tomorrow would be a good total

19/2 off of 4 overs is a pretty woeful start, much the same as last night, Sri Lanka really need to cut loose somewhat!

Not a contest at all. Some of the softest wickets you will ever see.

Cardiff is an awful looking ground. So many great grounds they can choose from and they keep going there.

87/6, just gets worse and worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,942 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Gillespy wrote: »
    Not a contest at all. Some of the softest wickets you will ever see.

Cardiff is an awful looking ground. So many great grounds they can choose from and they keep going there.

Well it's the England and Wales cricket board, so they deserve their fair share imo.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

90/7....Sri Lanka are going through that painful 'transition phase'...no competition for a team like England.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

MFPM wrote: »
    90/7....Sri Lanka are going through that painful 'transition phase'...no competition for a team like England.

And Chris Jordan is still getting battered, how is he an international cricketer?

And Chris Jordan is still getting battered, how is he an international cricketer?

Highlight reel fielder.

Messy old reply by England to a very easy target.

• Advertisement

Making a slight pigs ear of this run chase.

Advertisement