Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri 795 Carlow

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Perhaps reread my question and put an emphasis on the word actually. Saying it is and it actually being 1000m is a different thing. I saw one record off a garmin that had it at a tad over 900m.

the 900m versus the 1000m could be explained by the fast flow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

Hope all enjoyed the race and the changed swim didn't annoy too many people (the cheers when the new course was announced suggests some were happy with the change!). I was only a marshal at this race and was not involved in the organisation (unlike previous incarnations of the race) and I was impressed with the setup!

Whatever about swim safety I was shocked at the state of some of the bikes coming into transition. I was doing the bike check and must have checked over 100 bikes. The number of bikes that had loose quick releases was shocking - I don't mean that the quick release was a bit loose, but that it was loose enough to cause the wheel to wobble. Also, the amount of people that were planning to cycle with their tyres at 20-40psi on their €'000's tri bikes was funny, the track pump we had at the entrance to transition got well used. But hey, at least they were cycling, unlike me......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

What did belpark do??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

really enjoyed that. well organised, and good location/set-up. Well done to Racing 795.

What did belpark do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

Like Griffin, I'm a Racing795 member, and not one of the hard worked organisers but just a marshall on the day.

Belpark Triathlon Club were fantastic.

They supported the race in huge numbers and had more members racing than any other club on the day. I even had the opportunity to have a brief chat with Kevin Keane, an increasingly rare sight around TI circles the past few years. Their members racing appeared sporting and enthusiastic from where i was standing.

The incident that I am certain Griffin is referring to involved a person who presented themselves as a Belpark supporter on the day.

It's probably best not to go into too much more detail than that, as neither griffin nor I were involved in the incident, and neither of us were on the organising committee.

Edit: - that last bit sounds kinda ominous, but its not, move on, nothing to see here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Really enjoyed this race, so well organized and a great course and marshalls.... Would definately do it again next year.... Susanna Murphy was like a machine, would never catch her! Great music, atmosphere, post-race grub, Racing 795 should be very proud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

j0hn1 wrote: »
    Like Griffin, I'm a Racing795 member, and not one of the hard worked organisers but just a marshall on the day.

They supported the race in huge numbers and had more members racing than any other club on the day. I even had the opportunity to have a brief chat with Kevin Keane, an increasingly rare sight around TI circles the past few years. Their members racing appeared sporting and enthusiastic from where i was standing.

The incident that I am certain Griffin is referring to involved a person who presented themselves as a Belpark supporter on the day.

It's probably best not to go into too much more detail than that, as neither griffin nor I were involved in the incident, and neither of us were on the organising committee.

Edit: - that last bit sounds kinda ominous, but its not, move on, nothing to see here

Na Athy were well ahead of them on numbers, i couldn't move without seeing some one in an Athy tri suit !!!

lizanne83 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this race, so well organized and a great course and marshalls.... Would definately do it again next year.... Susanna Murphy was like a machine, would never catch her! Great music, atmosphere, post-race grub, Racing 795 should be very proud

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

Na Athy were well ahead of them on numbers, i couldn't move without seeing some one in an Athy tri suit !!!

Nope, not even number 2 slot :)

Must be those rose tinted glasses you're wearing? :cool:

Quick scan of the results sheet has Belpark 37, Kilkenny 33 (+1 DNF), Athy 32, phenomenal numbers

Make sure they all come back next year, maybe you'll have the numbers then!!

Nope, not even number 2 slot :)

Must be those rose tinted glasses you're wearing? :cool:

Quick scan of the results sheet has Belpark 37, Kilkenny 33 (+1 DNF), Athy 32, phenomenal numbers

Make sure they all come back next year, maybe you'll have the numbers then!!

A number of Athy's members were new and didn't put Athy in as their club:D

Oh and i'm not a member of Athy and never have been............

No club can hold Claude !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

I seen a person on the floor being attended to by an ambulance on the way in from the bike course , anyone know if that person was ok ?

I seen a person on the floor being attended to by an ambulance on the way in from the bike course , anyone know if that person was ok ?

Was he racing? One of the marshals had a fall from a bike so could have been him.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

griffin100 wrote: »
    Was he racing? One of the marshals had a fall from a bike so could have been him.

Possibly couldn't really see if he was or not

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

What did Belpark do???? 😨

I lost my voice for the day, pretty amazing to cheer on over 30 people from your own club... Go Belpark!

Still crying into my pillow I didn't race but some amazing pics taken, worthwhile day after all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Ceepo

As far as I am aware it was the leading lady. Someone said that a car pull in /out in front of her.
    Didn't hear about her condition but it looked serious enough.

Ceepo wrote: »
    As far as I am aware it was the leading lady. Someone said that a car pull in /out in front of her.
    Didn't hear about her condition but it looked serious enough.

There was one of the ladies came off her bike and went to hospitali think but I don't know how she is. It wasn't the leading lady as the ladies winner lead for the whole race.

griffin100 wrote: »
    There was one of the ladies came off her bike and went to hospitali think but I don't know how she is. It wasn't the leading lady as the ladies winner lead for the whole race.

You may well be right, it was a lady from Limerick, not sure of what position she was in when she crashed but was very near the top of the field, speedy recovery anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

BTH wrote: »
    What did belpark do??

I seen a member/associate of belpark getting very aggressive with a 5ft nothing lady marshal until another member of 795 stepped in

One lady went into a speed wobble while trying to get out of her shoes just before dismount, she took a bad knock and i believe it was her.

A mate of mine was directly behind her and was lucky to avoid going down as well.

Hope she's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Gosh I didn't see or hear of any of this during or after the race.... very sad, I hope everyone is ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Hey Claude was that you doing MC ? great taste in music ;0)

Steroo wrote: »
    Hey Claude was that you doing MC ? great taste in music ;0)

yep that was myself !

yep that was myself !

And there was me thinking Elvis was dead. Lol

lizanne83 wrote: »
    Gosh I didn't see or hear of any of this during or after the race.... very sad, I hope everyone is ok

Heard today she's fine. Our marshal on the other hand broke his arm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

How did he break his arm? Poor guy. I assume he races too so that's his season over. :(

pgibbo wrote: »
    How did he break his arm? Poor guy. I assume he races too so that's his season over. :(

Came off his bike in one of those stupid slow speed crashes. He does race and has a late season IM entered as far as I know so hopefully he'll be back training within a few weeks.

Ceepo wrote: »
    And there was me thinking Elvis was dead. Lol

Elvis is no more...........................

Elvis is no more...........................

Too many Peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_butter,_banana_and_bacon_sandwich

Heart attack.

Actually sounds like it could be a nice sandwich

The ignore list...............what a great tool:)

• Advertisement

The ignore list...............what a great tool:)

Does that work for the Peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches?

Advertisement