Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri 795 Carlow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Manone

I got a reply to my request to take a transfer so keep trying

Hi Davestator , was this via e-mail address on the tri795 website?Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Manone wrote: »
    Hi Davestator , was this via e-mail address on the tri795 website?Thanks.

Yep. Took a couple of days but just needed to send the details to them and they will send it to TI

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lazyboypops

As far as I'm aware TI don't allow transfers.

A road closure has been applied for according to Laois Co Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

As far as I'm aware TI don't allow transfers.

A road closure has been applied for according to Laois Co Co.

Today is the last day to object to the road closure so fingers crossed on one does.

No transfers are allowed in this event.

I'm meeting the race director tomorrow. I'll report back any new info !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Anyone interested in the running part of a relay for this? Seems there are still relay slots and i was hoping to use this for swim/bike practice ahead of TriAthy

Just wanted to say i was down in Carlow at the weekend and met with the race director. Its a lovely set up with lots of areas for people to view the race and a wide open finish area.

I believe there will be 6 waves with about 80 to 90 in each one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

That's one impressive read for the race briefing they just emailed out! Closed roads, great to see they got this, well done Racing 795.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

does anyone know if the swim waves were done on predicted swim time ? i presume they were but i'm a lot lower down than i would have thought based on my swim time ( apologies if i sould like a twat)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

miller82 wrote: »
    does anyone know if the swim waves were done on predicted swim time ? i presume they were but i'm a lot lower down than i would have thought based on my swim time ( apologies if i sould like a twat)

I'd say that they have mixed it up. Makes sense for the swim, but may be busy on the bike. Overall though, with the closed road for the bike it makes sense. I'd say the exception will be wave 1 which will have the faster people.

Be happy in a later wave - hopefully the earlier waves will heat the water a small bit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

miller82 wrote: »

They are not, loads of people from my club in all waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It will be a tiring swim for some it's 50/50 up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Anyone that missed out entries are open on the tri site between 1.30 and 2.00 today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

Looks like I'm a transition marshal on Sunday. Touch your bike before your helmet or flash a nipple in transition and I'll DQ you without hesitation (nipple dependent) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Ceepo

griffin100 wrote: »
    Looks like I'm a transition marshal on Sunday. Touch your bike before your helmet or flash a nipple in transition and I'll DQ you without hesitation (nipple dependent) :pac:

Don't let the power go to your head there dude ;)

griffin100 wrote: »

Deadly, i have 5 hours of One Direction all lined up for the transition area !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck this weekend folks :cool:

Down stream swim they're all set for pbs today. Down stream flow looks like it's barely moving sp there must be some under current.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

This was one of the best-organised races I've entered, a very slick organisation from Racing 795, well done to all involved. Nice to meet a good few from these parts today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Super event. Ran like clockwork and great day for it. Thanks to all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Steroo wrote: »
    Super event. Ran like clockwork and great day for it. Thanks to all involved.

Any chance you were one of kurts cheerers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

tunney wrote: »
    Any chance you were one of kurts cheerers? :)

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Enjoyable race, a lot of work put in by the organisers who were very pleasant to deal with. The whole setup made good use of the park, accessible river and boat club facilities.
    I was in wave 4 as I entered a very conservative time originally, a lot of people seemed very relieved by the swim change. Still, the fact that it changed to 1km meant that the fish still got to T1 in less time than the rest of us. The (dis)advantage would be reduced over 750m IMO.
    The cycle was testing on the way out and an absolute hammerfest on the way back. Great fun. Apart from when a van pulled out in from of me (guy in hi-vis - possibly a marshall??)...I had to pull on the brakes fairly sharp and wasn't too happy about it, for about ten seconds.
    The run was very fast :). Would be a lovely race to do on a nice day in July.

Basster wrote: »
    Still, the fact that it changed to 1km meant that the fish still got to T1 in less time than the rest of us. The (dis)advantage would be reduced over 750m IMO.

Does anyone know if it was actually 1000M it didn't look it tbh. Great to see a tri finally taking place in Carlow though I always thought that park would be a nice setup for transition. Fair play to Racing 795 for putting on a great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Are there results anywhere?

Bambaata wrote: »

I think these are the results.

http://www.redtagtiming.com/results/TriCarlow2015.pdf

Yep winners according to Racing 795 Male/Female

1 Emmet Kelly
    2 Alan O'Brien
    3 Anthony Mulholland
    1 Susanna Murphy
    2 Lizanne Barnwall
    3 Laura Ward

All provisional I assume as they havent posted a link themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Bambaata wrote: »

yep

http://www.redtagtiming.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it was actually 1000M it didn't look it tbh. Great to see a tri finally taking place in Carlow though I always thought that park would be a nice setup for transition. Fair play to Racing 795 for putting on a great event.

My watch had . It just shy of 1k. Right Move to make it downstream. I was not impressed when they announced it and people cheered and I thought typical to penalise the good swimmers but you would have pulled loads out of there. My easy stroke was only taking me forward a little bit when swimming up stream for the start. It would have improved my result though if they had have left it up stream! . At least they lengthened it and it took me 10.02 so similar time as a straight 750.

My only criticism was that they only had 3 portaloos for 500 people. Why do races always sKimp on this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it was actually 1000M it didn't look it tbh

Yes, I just said it was, and you quoted me?? I agree that the park was a nice setting.

• Advertisement

Basster wrote: »
    Yes, I just said it was, and you quoted me?? I agree that the park was a nice setting.

Perhaps reread my question and put an emphasis on the word actually. Saying it is and it actually being 1000m is a different thing. I saw one record off a garmin that had it at a tad over 900m.

Advertisement