Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The victims of Ricky Gervais

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

smash wrote: »
    Well it helps keep the population down because it eventually starts to wipe them out.
    I call that extermination. Not self regulation...
    It's nature culling nature to protect nature.
    It's someone entering ebola into the local population. Some will survive, but most of them will die.

You want to kill them, use poison, or shoot them in the head. Don't give them a disease that will blind most of them, leaving them open to be eaten alive, after half starving them to death.

Have seen a few golf clubs use it. You'll walk by the rabbits, as they won't know that you're there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

the_syco wrote: »
    I call that extermination. Not self regulation...

It's someone entering ebola into the local population. Some will survive, but most of them will die.

You want to kill them, use poison, or shoot them in the head. Don't give them a disease that will blind most of them, leaving them open to be eaten alive, after half starving them to death.

Have seen a few golf clubs use it. You'll walk by the rabbits, as they won't know that you're there.

I know of farmers who will hire lads to come in to take care of the rabbits with ferrets or dogs because they're a pest. They say that mixxy will eventually get the rest and that's without them introducing it into the environment. They used to buy pellets that you could drop into a burrow and it would gas them but they're now illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

You mean being eaten alive by lions or another predator ? Nature is cruel dark and survival of the fittest.

Even eaten by lions is quicker.!
    Mixximatosis is a long slow death!! Days even weeks of suffering!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

but they're now illegal.
    Pretty sure myxomatosis is illegal as well. It's known to have been used in some golf courses, but done on the quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

This Elephant said enough of this sh1t, it's payback time. It's a shame that the giraffe didn't do the same.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/571085/Professional-hunter-trampled-to-death-elephant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Elephants like to get drunk on a naturally fermenting fruit then go to the local human town and wreck the place. They even tear down houses and will kill anyone they come across. Their not always pleasant animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

ScumLord wrote: »
    Elephants like to get drunk on a naturally fermenting fruit then go to the local human town and wreck the place. They even tear down houses and will kill anyone they come across. Their not always pleasant animals.

Sounds like a night out in Limerick:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Ricky Gervais is fat, bitter and old. He is a SJW with his atheism and animal rights. A product of the self-absorbed existence he leads. His followers are even more pathetic.

Ricky Gervais is fat, bitter and old. He is a SJW with his atheism and animal rights. A product of the self-absorbed existence he leads. His followers are even more pathetic.
    Yes, Ricky is the bitter one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

ScumLord wrote: »
    Yes, Ricky is the bitter one. :rolleyes:

Apt username. You obviously have never seen his tweets, the man is obsessed.

• Advertisement

No I don't see any reason to read the ramblings of celebrities. It's probably why I don't get wound up about what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I actually follow him on twitter. One of the few celebrities I follow.
    He's funny and entertaining. He also makes serious points using his humor. Like me he doesn't care what people believe unless it impacts the freedom of others. And yes he will mock beliefs that are silly. If your beliefs can't take a slagging from a comedian then they're obviously a bit weak.

Seriously, how silly does a belief have to be if a comedian using 140 characters can pull it apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Plenty of pics of them standing up, grinning and holding out the results of their work...
    So you are confirming you could find no pictures of what I described, thanks for that, I am not surprised, and I think nobody is surprised of the type of picture you did fine, which are very common...
    The posters point was that it would be weird if a butcher was posing, grinning, by the results of their kill.

It was exactly the point I addressed.
    No it's not, why the obvious lie? nobody believes you are this utterly ignorant. I think a trip to the psychology forum might be more beneficial if you really are confused about such things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nthWHS5FMMk

Failed pop career in the 80's..

He has to be the most horrible person that ever got on tv..

dubscottie wrote: »
    He has to be the most horrible person that ever got on tv..
    So the raping/fucking of corpses and kids hasn't a patch on what this scumbag did...

Or do you not bother the fuck to think for a second...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Gervais is a wànker. He thinks he is so much better than everyone else on this poxy planet that he looks down on everyone.
    Talks utter Shiite and insults a lot of people but then has the ****in cheek to moan about someone shooting a giraffe who paid to go on a hunting safari ( money goes into conservation of the park) shoots a giraffe( apparently giraffe wasn't well anyway and had been moved from its group by other giraffes) and posed next to it dead ( it's meat went to the local village ).
    Anyway gervais is a wànker!!

rubadub wrote: »
    No it's not, why the obvious lie? nobody believes you are this utterly ignorant. I think a trip to the psychology forum might be more beneficial if you really are confused about such things.

I'm not confused at all. A smiling butcher is a smiling butcher. But I presume that point sounded great to yourself at 3.13.

I'm not confused at all. A smiling butcher is a smiling butcher. But I presume that point sounded great to yourself at 3.13.
    Perhaps you are not confused and are feigning ignorance, acting stupid to appear smart, but its sadly backfiring very badly. Read my post again.
    I would think my local butcher or farmer to be an oddball fucker if he laid down to be photographed beside a pig he just slaughtered smiling & grinning like a prize cunt. Or a vet posing with a kitten he had to put down for humane reasons.
    Plenty of pics of them standing up, grinning and holding out the results of their work...

27043590-young-chef-holding-raw-meat-professional-butcher-showing-ribs-and-smiling.jpg
    You probably thought that sounded great to you at 12:31, but you and everybody else knows that is not an example of what I was talking about. Can you find any photos of vets or butchers doing what I actually described? I would consider them odd, especially a vet. That picture you showed is very common, did you really think that I would consider him a weirdo?

There was a series on showing live slaughtering of animals before in front of an audience. The butchers were often going on about showing respect to the dead animals. When you see the likes of Bear Grylls kill an animal he is not laughing and playing about with the carcass afterwards like a disrespectful cunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The sad old bint that posed with the dead giraffe has play the sexism card. She's just being targetted because she's a woman apparently
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/ricky-gervais-men-and-women-who-hunt-animals-are-equally-vile-2015184

You seem irritable, rubadub.

Anyway, nothing backfiring at all, post reads just as I meant it. I don't watch Bear Grylls killing animals, so I take your point that he doesn't smile and he's not
    a disrespectful cunt.
    So the raping/fucking of corpses and kids hasn't a patch on what this scumbag did...

Or do you not bother the fuck to think for a second...

Raping corpses?

Yes indeed. Did I say you sound irritable?
    I would think my local butcher or farmer to be an oddball fucker if he laid down to be photographed beside a pig he just slaughtered smiling & grinning like a prize cunt. Or a vet posing with a kitten he had to put down for humane reasons.

Anyway, was the pic of a smiling butcher beside his plate of meat that annoying?

Thank God I didn't link a pic of a smiling vet!

• Advertisement

Raping corpses?
    A reference to Jimmy Saville, perhaps you heard about it in the news.
    Anyway, was the pic of a smiling butcher beside his plate of meat that annoying?
    Your feigned ignorance is annoying, deliberately misinterpreting my post. Trying to be smart by acting like an ignorant cunt, I never get that...

I find smart-arses annoying and irritating.
    Thank God I didn't link a pic of a smiling vet!
    Can you find one like I described? Doesn't have to be a kitten, preferably a pet, the key points (which others seem to grasp) would be a vet holding up an animal, he just put down, grinning like he is taking delight in this aspect of his work, preferably holding it in some sort of pose.

-Actually just searching for "vet holding a dead animal" I find this
    'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard'
    WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
    Kristen Lindsey of Brenham, Texas, believed the animal was non-domestic
    Said the only good feral cat was one 'with an arrow through it's head'
    She then stated: 'Vet of the year award...gladly accepted'
    Local rescue center has since claimed the cat called Tiger wasn't feral
    Colorado State graduate has been fired from Washington Animal Clinic
    Prosecutors now considering whether she should face criminal charges
    By WILLS ROBINSON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 23:49 GMT, 17 April 2015 | UPDATED: 23:16 GMT, 18 April 2015

A veterinarian has been fired from her clinic after she posted a horrifying image of her holding a cat she had killed by firing an arrow into its head on Facebook.
    Kristen Lindsey, 31, who lives in Brenham, Texas, allegedly hunted the animal down in her backyard and shot it with a bow, believing it was feral.
    But a local rescue center say the cat, believed to be called Tiger, was domesticated and had been missing for around two weeks.
    Beneath the shocking image, Lindsey, a Wyoming native, wrote: 'My first bow kill... lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's head. Vet of the year award... gladly accepted.'
    She also said in a comment, before she learned she no longer had a job: 'And no I did not lose my job. Psshh. Like someone would get rid of me. I'm awesome.'
    The Colorado State graduate lost her job at the Washington Animal Clinic after the image began circulating online and staff have since been distancing themselves from the former employee.
    Staff at released a statement on Facebook on Friday saying: 'We are absolutely appalled, shocked, upset, and disgusted by the conduct.
    'We have parted ways with Ms. Lindsey. We do not allow such conduct and we condemn it in the strongest possible manner,' the clinic said in the statement.'
    'Please know that when informed of this we responded swiftly and appropriately and please do not impute this awful conduct to the Washington Animal Clinic or any of its personnel.'
    Local prosecutors are now considering whether she should face criminal charges.
    A Facebook page, called 'justice for the cat murdered by Kirsten Lindsey' has already been 'liked' by more than 7,000 people.
    A video of the six-year-old cat that Lindsey is believed to have killed riding on top of a tractor has also surfaced online.

Austin County Sheriff Jack Brandes says he was disturbed by the image.
    He told KBTX: 'This kind of stuff shouldn't happen in our society,' Brandes said. 'It's a very sad thing.
    'Hopefully we will get to the bottom of it and get the truth, 100 per cent truth, and get it to the DA and put it in his hands if it needs to go any further.'
    The Texas Veterinary Medical Association also condemned her reactions, insisting her conduct does not reflect the standards of other vets.
    In a statement, they said: 'The Texas Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA) strongly condemns the actions of a veterinarian who claims to have recently shot and killed a feral cat with the use of a bow and arrow.
    'The veterinarian, who worked in Brenham, Texas, and is not a TVMA member, posted a picture of herself holding the deceased cat on her personal Facebook page along with some insensitive remarks about the incident.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3044354/My-bow-kill-lol-Self-proclaimed-vet-year-fired-posting-picture-holding-dead-cat-ARROW-head-allegedly-hunted-animal-shot-it.html#ixzz3XlM54izZ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That picture would qualify as one I what I was talking about, and I would consider her an oddball. A picture of a smiling vet, not so much, maybe you consider them equal though and cannot understand the issue people would have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

That's the entire thread right there. The ayes have it.

345831.JPG

Trying to be smart by acting like an ignorant cunt, I never get that...

I never get people who get really bent out of shape by posts on an anonymous forum. Not sure where you are at the moment, apparently my post with a grinning butcher seems to have triggered a volley of foul language.

Is it the lying down bit that's in issue? I can find pictures of butchers and vets grinning with dead animals, but admit that finding one lying down might be tricky. I could find pics of hunters standing up with their dead animals, would that do?

Advertisement