Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

wrangler wrote: »
    I think they all are, it drives like a car.
    Drove a friends 3.2 ltr and fell for it.
    Alexanders have lovely ones and the Euro is good,
    probably get sensible and mean again and forget about it in a few days..

13xlt and 17 plate Wtk, mid 20's mpg can have a few niggly issues with some issues on engine with turbo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

stanflt wrote: »
    Had my heart set on a wild track until I drove one 3 weeks ago- I thought the suspension was very rigid- bought a navara instead

The wild track looks the part alright, actually thought it was smooth and our Hilux is very comfortable. so it's not as if I'm driving a rough ould yoke normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭stanflt

Reggie. wrote: »
    So you got it

Yeah wed night - sales man meet me at 8 pm- very busy week here and had no time to collect it during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Yeah wed night - sales man meet me at 8 pm- very busy week here and had no time to collect it during the day

Ill be over for a test drive. Have it clean

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Johndeere6620

Sorry to side track the discussion but I remember you were milking through a 10 unit parlour and you were debating either to extend the parlour or build a rotary. Have you built a new parlour or a rotary. Used to follow a lot of your posts as they were very knowledgable and used to gain a lot from reading them!
    Again sorry for the sidetrack

• Advertisement

Sorry to side track the discussion but I remember you were milking through a 10 unit parlour and you were debating either to extend the parlour or build a rotary. Have you built a new parlour or a rotary. Used to follow a lot of your posts as they were very knowledgable and used to gain a lot from reading them!
    Again sorry for the sidetrack

Planning going in for a new parlour- still undecided whether to go 24 herringbone or 50 rotary deck- 3 different companies have told me that a 40 point is no good as too many cows would go around a second time- was able to use the current milking times from current dairymaster plant to work that out
    In the mean time 4 extra units going in

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Johndeere6620

Planning going in for a new parlour- still undecided whether to go 24 herringbone or 50 rotary deck- 3 different companies have told me that a 40 point is no good as too many cows would go around a second time- was able to use the current milking times from current dairymaster plant to work that out
    In the mean time 4 extra units going in

Saw in the journal that 40 unit waiko ( spelling) is 185k or there abouts. Acr auto retention and auto teat spray. Thought it was very cheap.
    Ya I would think 50 is the minimum to go for as cant extend unlike a herringbone or robots by adding extra units.
    Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Saw in the journal that 40 unit waiko ( spelling) is 185k or there abouts. Acr auto retention and auto teat spray. Thought it was very cheap.
    Ya I would think 50 is the minimum to go for as cant extend unlike a herringbone or robots by adding extra units.
    Thanks for the reply

First day cost mightn’t be miles out , but maintaince/repair bills over the lifetime on a rotary vs a herringbone are a lot higher over its lifetime...

Right lads and ladies. How much diesel would 1000lts of adblue do? Trying to figure out what amount I need.

Thinking I'll go through at most 5000 or 6000lts of diesel next year. Would adblue keep for a few years if not used up in one year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Right lads and ladies. How much diesel would 1000lts of adblue do? Trying to figure out what amount I need.

Thinking I'll go through at most 5000 or 6000lts of diesel next year. Would adblue keep for a few years if not used up in one year?

For the deutz we are buying in 20 litre drums

We would use about 20 litres to every 5-600 litres of diesel, depending on what we are doing

To me 1000 litre of adblue aounds like a lot to get through for a 1 man operation, I could be wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Panch18 wrote: »
    For the deutz we are buying in 20 litre drums

We would use about 20 litres to every 5-600 litres of diesel, depending on what we are doing

To me 1000 litre of adblue aounds like a lot to get through for a 1 man operation, I could be wrong though
    Doing the sane here, uses very little ad blue tbh..200l drum might be a better option tbh

Doing the sane here, uses very little ad blue tbh..200l drum might be a better option tbh

Yeah maybe 200l and hand pump it out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Ill be over for a test drive. Have it clean

Hey he has it 3 days ,not a chance !!!!!!!

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Hey he has it 3 days ,not a chance !!!!!!!

I'd say it didn't last the evening

Yeah maybe 200l and hand pump it out

Was thinking that also but depends on the jobs too I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Adblue goes off if left in an opened drum. Stick to the 20litre drums and you'll have no problems. Buying IBC's or 200 litre drums is cheaper/litre than the 20 litre drums. But it's a world of problems you'll run in to with them,engine management lights,SCR lights.

Adblue goes off if left in an opened drum. Stick to the 20litre drums and you'll have no problems. Buying IBC's or 200 litre drums is cheaper/litre than the 20 litre drums. But it's a world of problems you'll run in to with them,engine management lights,SCR lights.

Can get 200 litres for the price of 3 20 litre drums tho

I use a 200 lt drum in around 7-8 months or nearly 1000hrs and I've only one tractor that requires it

I use a 200 lt drum in around 7-8 months or nearly 1000hrs and I've only one tractor that requires it

Yeah but she's a pig :D

Yeah but she's a pig :D

Yeah crap over priced new holland

• Advertisement

Can get 200 litres for the price of 3 20 litre drums tho

How much you paying for the 20 litres??

How much you paying for the 20 litres??

€22. You getting it any better?

€22. You getting it any better?

No 25!!!!

Didn’t think you’d get 200 litres for 75ish though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

No 25!!!!

Either did I. Who's supplying?

No 25!!!!

Its 26c up the north off Dandys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Shouldn't have any problems with a 200ltr drum that's kept inside if your doing any amount of going at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Not that l know anything about adblue, but I'd be more concerned with buying on quality as opposed to price.

Muckit wrote: »
    Not that l know anything about adblue, but I'd be more concerned with buying on quality as opposed to price.

Ah its good quality alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'd stick to the 20l drums and horse it in when needed. It's not good having the tractor parked up with a lot of it in the tank either for any length of time

• Advertisement

I'd stick to the 20l drums and horse it in when needed. It's not good having the tractor parked up with a lot of it in the tank either for any length of time

Hard to judge that tho roosterman. Machjne moving almost everyday here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement