Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callan's Kicks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,928 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Classic line from Alexa to Mary Lou - 'I'll say nawthing'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He had a good go at SF this eve

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Didnt think it was the best episode ever but still funny enough.

Yes the Mary Lou sketch was good. Dont know about his politics but think the pro SF allegation is a bit OTT. I am broadly a government supporter but would always expect the government parties to take more stick in programmes like this Labour and Soc Dems got a bit of a going over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Clon63 wrote: »

Yes the Mary Lou sketch was good. Dont know about his politics but think the pro SF allegation is a bit OTT. I am broadly a government supporter but would always expect the government parties to take more stick in programmes like this Labour and Soc Dems got a bit of a going over too.

You don’t follow his Twitter feed so, Clonner?

You don’t notice his column in some rag?

Now he’s cagey enough Clon, so he is, cagey enough, but it’s there Clonner.

If you want to have a look for it .

You don’t follow his Twitter feed so, Clonner?

You don’t notice his column in some rag?

Now he’s cagey enough Clon, so he is, cagey enough, but it’s there Clonner.

If you want to have a look for it .

Being critical of the government or satirising it does not a Shinner Shill make Brendi.

The Shinners got the closing slot on the show yesterday and very funny it was. The slot where comedians and satirists have been depositing their best material for an eternity...'leave 'em laughing', 'save your best to last' etc etc etc

You are being over sensitive as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I enjoy the show, some of it was very good, especially the Luke O’Neill skit

• Registered Users Posts: 71,683 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Great NAMA joke to start :)

Oh wait, it was an actual RTE apology :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,683 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Good episode tonight, although I never found the 'Liberal Ladies' sketches funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Good episode tonight, although I never found the 'Liberal Ladies' sketches funny.

Agree with the Liberal ladies stuff awful.

But his Boris is spot on, Leo, paschal and Micheal Martin, Mary lou and Louise oreilly are all great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I actually find the Liberal Ladies sketches hilarious, I suspect it’s a direct result of having a large number of women like this in my life. Send me your pity.

• Advertisement

His Louise o Reilly is a hidden gem alright

His Louise o Reilly is a hidden gem alright

Nah, wouldn’t agree, tone too high pitched..... off the mark.

Steady drone, don’t pronounce the ‘n,s’ quicken up when there is fear of interruption, and plough on hard if there is,no matter what the opposition.

That’s your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Clon63 wrote: »

hes from iniskeen in monaghan , the cows vote SF up there

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    hes from iniskeen in monaghan , the cows vote SF up there

SF achieved 2 out of 5 seats in the last election for the first time, equalling FF.
    FF/ FG have regularly held 3 seats in that constituency.

I don't think geographical origin is useful information for predicting voting intentions in Ireland.

I think Callan is pretty even-handed in his treatment of the three main parties, to such an extent that his allegiance is hard to pin-down. I wouldn't even be surprised if he is a FG voter. Not that it matters really.

SF achieved 2 out of 5 seats in the last election for the first time, equalling FF.
    FF/ FG have regularly held 3 seats in that constituency.

I don't think geographical origin is useful information for predicting voting intentions in Ireland.

I think Callan is pretty even-handed in his treatment of the three main parties, to such an extent that his allegiance is hard to pin-down. I wouldn't even be surprised if he is a FG voter. Not that it matters really.

;)

Have to laugh at that one...... sorry.!

;)

Have to laugh at that one...... sorry.!

Hope you listened to tonight’s effort Ty...............and re read your post:D

I must say I enjoyed this evening Kicks! :D
    Murphs is from quite near me, pass his house every few days.

I must say I enjoyed this evening Kicks! :D
    Murphs is from quite near me, pass his house every few days.

Thought it was particularly good tonight. The Varadkar/Murphy stuff was brilliant.

His Murphs and Leo are so good. Murphs is more funny than accurate but it works.

No Liberal Ladies :(

Thought tonight was v good indeed.

• Advertisement

His Des Cahill/ Katie Taylor/ Marty Morrissey is very good.

Must say I won't miss "Murphs", or Arlene Foster, in parody or otherwise.

That Sharon Ní Bheolatrán sketch was funny in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭archfi

Really enjoyed it.
    Besides the pols, his Des Cahill is annoyingly spot on and his Marty is class

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

His Des Cahill/ Katie Taylor/ Marty Morrissey is very good.

Must say I won't miss "Murphs", or Arlene Foster, in parody or otherwise.

That Sharon Ní Bheolatrán sketch was funny in 2018.

I suspect Murphs will be a recurring character given his alignment to Leo, and his forthcoming "adventures" in the corporate world.

I suspect Murphs will be a recurring character given his alignment to Leo, and his forthcoming "adventures" in the corporate world.

Nah, too much new material sources being provided to him.

Murphs will probably feature by ringing Teesh to give him updates on his “adventures” every few weeks

Actually, now you mention it, this is a nice thing about Oliver Callan: he doesn't go after people unless they deliberately put themselves in the public eye.
    Maybe he is just going after the immediately recognizable voices, but still, you'd never hear him lampooning an individual radio caller, for example, or anyone who isn't a national figure. There's a nice guy behind the parody, I'm pretty sure.

I don't think he will continue to go after Eoghan Murphy. Rightly so.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I love the ‘teesh’ and co-teesh stuff, it’s all I think of when I see himself and Mehole on tv

pc7 wrote: »
    I love the ‘teesh’ and co-teesh stuff, it’s all I think of when I see himself and Mehole on tv

Re Varadkar being mister for Teesh, I think it was Dobbo who did it again the other day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

Re Varadkar being mister for Teesh, I think it was Dobbo who did it again the other day :D
    Yes, Dobbo did it again. Heard it and I was surprised nobody noticed at the time, or maybe I wasn't.. :pac:

• Advertisement

One of his best yet.

He has done a good job on O'Broin and the Shinners. His Louise O'Reilly is hilarious

I never really got the "cuddly Paschal" sketch, although that bit with Paschal humming the theme-tune during a Morning Ireland interview sent me over the edge.

The Boyd-Barrett impersonation is bang-on but the jokes don't quite land.

His Mary Wilson is great.

Even the Liberal Ladies were funny enough.

Perhaps his best episode this season?

Advertisement