Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW32 Matchday Thread

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm thinking about not playing next season since I'll be writing my PhD dissertation in Sept/Oct and then starting a new job in Nov. We'll see how these last couple months of scaling back work out since I do enjoy playing FPL and giving meaning to crap matches like Stoke v Swansea.
    I've said quite often on here that I used to enjoy football an awful lot more before I got into FPL, I couldn't have named the Hull starting back 4 but that never worried me:P. I was a huge Spurs fan and their result on a Saturday mattered to me, I would happily watch FA cup matches or foreign teams in the Champions league, now these things are a hindrance. FPL is an addiction for me, I think I love it but nothing ever really pleases me, no matter how well I do I always think about how it could have been better, this despite being very pessimistic at the beginning of each gameweek:o.
    Besides that I have a very happy and fulfilled life:pac:

FPL taking away focus from Spurs sounds like a benefit as another St. Totteringham's Day edges closer :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd love to give the game up but realistically I know I won't. I hate what it does to me every weekend I'm basically in a trance around my family. The key is to pick your team and switch off and get the results when the games are over a skill I've yet to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'd love to give the game up but realistically I know I won't. I hate what it does to me every weekend I'm basically in a trance around my family. The key is to pick your team and switch off and get the results when the games are over a skill I've yet to develop.

Same here, one week I did the old avoid everything until MOTD and I did absolutely rubbish so I'll never do that again:rolleyes: I never had any superstitions when I played sports myself but I've developed some around this silly game:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I highly recommend this, especially if you've kids etc, I did it 3 or 4 times this season, including last Sat. It's much more enjoyable to switch off from it and go and do something, and then be looking forward to motd. When your watching highlights of especially your defenders it's nearly more exciting than watching it live!

If you do **** you've got over it by the morning, unlike last Monday night when I was like a bear round the house from 7pm for some reason!! :mad:

I did crap last Sat, but one other week I did it for a busy Sunday schedule I hit my highest score of the season and a GW rank of 200 and something so I've no reason to be superstitious any more, unlike my lucky MNF Harps shirt wearing.... ;)

In general I've enjoyed FPL cause it's got me taking an interest in the PL again. I was a mad United fan when younger but LOI soon took over and I rarely bothered watching motd for years. Knowing Stokes back four for a preseason friendly in probably a bit more than taking an interest at this stage mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I play in a weekly league that has 60e for the winner for the last 5 seasons. Every game means something. Not a chance of giving up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement