Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm going cageside for this. Be a great night, I'm off the beer till the summer so will spend what ibwould have spent on booze on the cageside seats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Price vs Pete queally an actually fight compared to the sbg lads fighting cans to get the win and keep the fans happy,

Anyone check out this Ireland vs Poland grabbing match in Port loais the same day? Some card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

but1er wrote: »
    compared to the sbg lads fighting cans to get the win and keep the fans happy,

Other than who Bellator send Gallagher's way, what other SBG fighters are being handed cans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

So who else is stoked about Chandler v Primus 2? Chandler was hard done by in the first fight, I have a feeling he'll put Primus away early.

Depending how the fight goes though, UFC talks on the cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So who else is stoked about Chandler v Primus 2? Chandler was hard done by in the first fight, I have a feeling he'll put Primus away early.

Depending how the fight goes though, UFC talks on the cards?

USADA = no chance he’ll leave for the UFC, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

So who else is stoked about Chandler v Primus 2?
    Both of this weekend's Bellator main cards look great on paper & not a bad looking UFC card on Saturday too. Great fight weekend coming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

cliggg wrote: »
    Both of this weekend's Bellator main cards look great on paper & not a bad looking UFC card on Saturday too. Great fight weekend coming up!

Boxing on also, great weekend of fights again. Same as next weekend also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Hoping for a chandler win. The way Primus celebrated his "victory' last time was embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

McKee to 13-0. Does james gallagher stand a chance vs him or Pico?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

selassie wrote: »
    McKee to 13-0. Does james gallagher stand a chance vs him or Pico?

They'd both spark him early.

• Advertisement

They'd both spark him early.
    Is that why that's why Kavanagh convinced James to move down in weight does anyone know? He won't be champ at 145 with those lads there so move down and be champ at 135, obviously it didn't work out in his first fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Frank Mir tapped to strikes last night while still standing up. That's a new one

dulux99 wrote: »
    Frank Mir tapped to strikes last night while still standing up. That's a new one

Did you see the video where he says anyone that taps to strikes is a pussy. That bit him in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Read somewhere he lost mouth piece and took a shot apparently roof of his mouth got broken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

dave1982 wrote: »
    Read somewhere he lost mouth piece and took a shot apparently roof of his mouth got broken

Yeah the injury sounds quite bad but as the poster above said he once labeled people who tap to strikes as pussys. Oops.

Highlights from the 2 Bellator Hawaii main cards. There were some good fights on these cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did you see the video where he says anyone that taps to strikes is a pussy. That bit him in the arse

Frank was my favourite fighter when I first started watching MMA bit couldn't listen to any of his interviews, painful to hear him drone on. Really bad to get wrecked in front of your young daughter like that but hopefully that's enough to retire him now.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Frank was my favourite fighter when I first started watching MMA bit couldn't listen to any of his interviews, painful to hear him drone on. Really bad to get wrecked in front of your young daughter like that but hopefully that's enough to retire him now.

I always wonder why fighters bring their young kids to a cage fight. They surely must know that there is always a chance they can get badly hurt and its not good for your kids to see that.

Eddie Alvarez v Timofey Nastyukhin and DJ v Yuya Wakamatsu (or using their nicknames Mighty Mouse v Little Piranha) on March 31st in Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

dave1982 wrote: »

You could tell straight away, he took some heavy punches to the jaw/face while not wearing his guard. At one point he reached inside his actual mouth having a feel so you could tell there was something seriously wrong, it was't just a 'ah, I'm soundly beat here' tap.

Though it is time for him to just retire, he's barely a shadow of his former self.

• Advertisement

The main card of Rizins NYE show is starting now, theres one or two decent fights on the card then the Mayweather exhibition.

Looking forward to Caldwell v Horriguchi.

Gabi Garcia's a freak. Wins by kimura. Some 60 year old nanny is in fighting her now after the fight. This is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is anyone watching rizin? Have they said if Floyd has shown up yet or give any reason for him disappearing!

jimmii wrote: »
    Is anyone watching rizin? Have they said if Floyd has shown up yet or give any reason for him disappearing!

Bit mad it is, whole events been delayed until he shows up. Still two fights left as well before his.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ASOT wrote: »
    Bit mad it is, whole events been delayed until he shows up. Still two fights left as well before his.

Yeah was following it in mmaf and then the updates just stopped was like wtf then seen the stories about him being a no show. I'm sure we'll be getting some tweets from McGregor on it soon!!

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah was following it in mmaf and then the updates just stopped was like wtf then seen the stories about him being a no show. I'm sure we'll be getting some tweets from McGregor on it soon!!

Ellerbe says there on the way according to his twitter.

Finally at the arena the arsehole

Finally at the arena the arsehole

What an end to the year if he got knocked the **** out by a head kick.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    What an end to the year if he got knocked the **** out by a head kick.

It'd be class but Tenshin would lose all his pay I was reading online, I'd say it'd be worth it for the publicity alone :pac:

• Advertisement

It'd be class but Tenshin would lose all his pay I was reading online, I'd say it'd be worth it for the publicity alone :pac:

I was thinking he could easily be approached by some mega rich guy to do it just for fun. Loose his official pay, get a big fat envelope instead.

Advertisement