Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

cliggg wrote: »
    James Gallagher will be back soon. I wonder what level of opponent he will get?

https://twitter.com/StrabanimalMMA/status/1067105632963182600

Lol, "the opponent is irrelevant".

Another donkey then so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Lol, "the opponent is irrelevant".

Another donkey then so.

Hopefully being sparked by a nobody last time has humbled him a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Hopefully being sparked by a nobody last time has humbled him a bit.
    LOL, good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Pedro Carvahlo added to Bellator 211, I really like this guy, such a hard worker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The opponent isn't so irrelevant when he's butchering you from start to finish en route to a crushing KO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Rumours online of Darrion Caldwell v Kyoji Horiguchi fighting on a Rizin/Bellator co-promoted card. There is a Rizin press conference tonight during which it's rumoured to be announced.

Rumours online of Darrion Caldwell v Kyoji Horiguchi fighting on a Rizin/Bellator co-promoted card. There is a Rizin press conference tonight during which it's rumoured to be announced.
    Confirmed now though it's not a co-promoted card it's a Rizin card. The fight will be at Rizin 14 on New Years Eve for the new Rizin Bantamweight belt. Pretty good looking card actually with a few ex UFC flyweights making their debut and of course that weird Mayweather fight/exhibition thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

that weird Mayweather fight/exhibition thingy.

I thought that fell through?

Edit never mind, back on. Pointless fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ortiz vs Liddell was just beyond tragic to watch. There's fighters that keep on going too long after they're over the hill...and then there's that.

Ortiz looked alright but Chuck looked like he was moving and striking underwater, and that a rogue breeze from a door left ajar would knock him over. That fight could've been over in 5 seconds.

Overall a terrible card and event, apart from the co-main which was very respectable.

No wonder Hackleman refused to be involved in Liddell's return. It's insane to me that Liddell managed to find any corner men at all who were willing to train him and be in his corner. I got a chuckle out of Tito's celebration, you'd think he just regained the UFC LHW title the way he was carrying on.

• Advertisement

I see Brendan Loughnane is fighting tomorrow night. crazy to me that he's never been called upto the UFC since his solitary fight following TUF. 15-3 overall and always extremely exciting when I've seen him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Seen rumours of ortiz hendo in works.. years too late but i will watch it

dave1982 wrote: »
    Seen rumours of ortiz hendo in works.. years too late but i will watch it

Hendo will KO him if he's back on the mexican suppliments.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

dulux99 wrote: »
    I see Brendan Loughnane is fighting tomorrow night. crazy to me that he's never been called upto the UFC since his solitary fight following TUF. 15-3 overall and always extremely exciting when I've seen him

Also clearly beat Duqesnoy at BAMMA a few years ago too. He was absolutely robbed.

He brings a good crowd around with him too so would add a lot to those European cards IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Tito looked in good shape and was moving decently. His celebration was over to top considering the state of the fighter who he just beat. However throughout Tito's career Chuck was the man who unhorsed him and had decisive victories over him. I am sure there was a sort of vindication getting a win back over Chuck. Even though it was not well placed. The stewards in the trying to stop Tito's celebration just made it worse and way more awkward than it had to be. They were obviously clueless and had no idea what he was doing.

Chuck looks like someone with dementia pugilistic-a. He doesn't move right his balance was off,, his eyes are not quite focused or he seems space out. That combined with his mumbled speech it's a wonder he got licensed to fight.

If you compare it to videos or him 15 years ago, he was extremely awake, bright (accountancy degree) and articulate. I am certain there is more going on there than old age.

He was promised a job for life in the UFC. He was on payroll until the new owners came in and cut non-essential staff. I have a feeling he was banking on that income for a few more years and probably needed a pay day to make up for it while he still could generate ticket sales.

He was promised a job for life in the UFC. He was on payroll until the new owners came in and cut non-essential staff. I have a feeling he was banking on that income for a few more years and probably needed a pay day to make up for it while he still could generate ticket sales.

Chuck, Matt Hughes, and Forest were all given these jobs.

Forest showed up in the offices the first day, found himself a desk, found work to do, and made himself useful.

Chuck and Matt signed a few autographs every few months and showed up at UFC gym franchise openings a few times a year.

One of them was kept on and is now an executive within the company, the other two were let go.

At some stage you have to accept that you took the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Forest showed up in the offices the first day, found himself a desk, found work to do, and made himself useful.

Chuck and Matt signed a few autographs every few months and showed up at UFC gym franchise openings a few times a year.

One of them was kept on and is now an executive within the company, the other two were let go.

I don't know the details, but the above sounds very plausible. However I doubt Matt and Chuck would have been let go under the Zuffa banner. It was a jobs for the boys scenario, which changed very quickly under new ownership.

Forrest making himself useful obviously made him less disposable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Exactly this, sure at UFC Dublin back in 2014 Chuck didn't even do any media stuff that he was suppose to do eg the media day on the Wednesday. Forrest was there and said Chuck was on the missing list after going drinking.

Chuck probably always felt his old dear friend Dana would sort him out, just like he had for years. I'm sure if Dana had his way he'd still be on the payroll. That was never gonna fly under WME

James Gallagher will be back soon. I wonder what level of opponent he will get?

https://twitter.com/StrabanimalMMA/status/1067105632963182600

Scott Coker says this fight will be a headline fight in Dublin in early 2019 so expect an announcement soon. He didn't say who the "irrelevant" opponent is.

• Advertisement

He also said MVP v Daley is on February 16th. It's in America but will be on live UK television so will hopefully be accessible to us over here too.

He also said MVP v Daley is on February 16th. It's in America but will be on live UK television so will hopefully be accessible to us over here too.

Been waiting for this fight for ages, it's a load of bollox that it's not in England though.

ASOT wrote: »
    Been waiting for this fight for ages, it's a load of bollox that it's not in England though.

Yeah it would have made for a great atmosphere in England. According to this tweet it was some Bellator's partners who wanted it in America (posted from my phone so I can't embed it)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1068566390020296704

Yeah it would have made for a great atmosphere in England. According to this tweet it was some Bellator's partners who wanted it in America (posted from my phone so I can't embed it)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1068566390020296704

Hopefully they don't run into watershed time again haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Can't wait for Daley to take his head off!

Lads how are these the same weight class.

https://twitter.com/NoyoFood/status/1068533061313355777?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is the Kiefer crosbie fight tonight available anywhere online or TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Ush1 wrote: »
    Is the Kiefer crosbie fight tonight available anywhere online or TV?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

As far as I know you can watch live on the Bellator app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

According to @LeeHammond96’;s Instagram story,
    KieferCrosbie claimed a unanimous decision win in his Bellator debut after three rounds with Orlando D’Ambrosio

Advertisement