Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

29-28 Lima for me.

That was a homer decision from the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Cmon now it was a very close fight.

I scored it R1 MVP, R2 MVP, R3 Lima.

Wouldn’t have been shocked it Lima got the decision but hard to call a winner either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Bellator will always remain a distant second or third to UFC if they keep main events 3 rounds. Another 2 rounds of MVP v Lima would have been brilliant. Why do they do that?

Also solid but unspectacular win from Leah McCourt, if she didn't win that one she should have called it a day. I really like her as a person and as an ambassador for women in MMA and Irish MMA, but I couldn't see her beating any top ranked opponents either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Really bugs me from MMA fans often doing the whole ‘absolute joke decision’ spiel. It was a tight fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

A lot of MMA fans are awful. I mean the kind of peope who like calling other people "casuals".

Theyre the kind of people who like to go on holiday in Dubai.

• Advertisement

Ugh ‘casuals’… the most unbearable insult

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

No Roddy in Leah Mccourt corner. Has she moved on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

She may have given up the daily travel up and down had to be a PITA, especially as a single mum.

I thought Lima won but it was no way a robbery, very tight fight. The Venue was a shambles, worse than the point for coke consumption and they ran out of beer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Kavanagh Vs Cyborg confirmed Nov 12th. easy night for cyborg done within the first minute.

Pitbull has given up his title so its other pitbull vs queally for the belt in the 3arena. John Kavanagh in for a bad week

Sinead is on a decent run right now and is as tough as they come. I don't see your prediction ringing through.

Peter is on the back of a win against Pitbull. 2 fighters fighting for belts isn't a bad night.

• Advertisement

How would Peter Queally stack up in the UFC WW Division out of interest? Have only seen him fight a few times and wasn't blown away by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I very much doubt he'd have a good time with any of the top 10 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Homelander

I like Sinead a lot but Cyborg is light years ahead of any competition she has faced.

Unless Cyborg has an awful night I cannot see any scenario where she doesn't knock her head off.

It is mad though. Imagine someone told you this time last year Sinead would be fighting Cyborg for the belt and Queally would be fighting Pitbull for the belt....in a rubber band match after Queally won the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

From January 1st next year all Bellator main events will be 5 rounders.

I'm from the same area as Sinead, in the coffee shop this morning listening to two aul ones talking about her upcoming fight. Whatever happens I'm delighted she's been given the chance to have a go at Cyborg. No doubt it's a tough night for her but still nice to see the locals get behind her. Sinead never stops, trains day in day out in and out of camp as well as being a single mum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,743 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

When is the fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Man Gareth A. Davies is insufferable.

No idea how he keeps getting on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Wow Fedor looks like Homer Simpson but that was some combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I agree with you here 1 million percent. He's always been like this but he's actually getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Petermc83

with just over a week to go before Bellator 270 in Dublin, whats everyone make of the card?

BELLATOR MMA 270: Queally vs. Pitbull 2 MainCard:

Lightweight World Title Main Event: #4-Peter Queally (13-5-1) vs. #1-Patricky “Pitbull” (23-10) 

Bantamweight Co-Main Event: #6-James Gallagher (11-1) vs. #2-Patrick Mix (14-1)

Middleweight Bout: #4-Fabian Edwards (9-2) vs. #6-Charlie Ward (9-4)

Featherweight Bout: #6-Daniel Weichel (41-6) vs. #7-Pedro Carvalho (11-5)

Preliminary Card:

Featherweight Bout: Ciaran Clarke (3-0) vs. Jordan Barton (6-1-1)

Featherweight Bout:Ilias Bulaid (2-0) vs. Georges Sasu (5-2)

Welterweight Bout: Ashley Reece (8-2) vs. Luca Poclit (6-1) 

Lightweight Bout: Daniele Scatizzi (10-5) vs. Brian Hooi (16-8, 1 NC)

Light Heavyweight Bout: Lee Chadwick (26-15-1) vs. Arunas Andriuskevicus (15-4)

Welterweight Bout:Nicolò Solli (3-1) vs. Bobby Pallett (5-0)

Strawweight Bout: Danni Neilan (4-0) vs. Audrey Kerouche (7-5, 2 NC)

Featherweight Bout: Junior Morgan (3-0) vs. Darragh Kelly (Pro Debut)

Welterweight Bout:Stephen Costello (Pro Debut) vs. Joe Nazokatov (Pro Debut)

Heavyweight Bout: Gokhan Saricam(5-1) vs. Charlie Milner (7-1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,743 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jesus I remember Lee Chadwick fighting Chris fields 10 years ago. I thought he looked near 40 back then. He’s only 36 now ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Will the price of tickets be reduced on the day? Card looks decent but there's still a lot of tickets left. 60 quid the cheapest to sit at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

james gallagher in for a hard night from what ive seen of this other guy?

no 3 ranked this lad is , would be a great scalp for gallagher if he could pull it off

• Registered Users Posts: 20,615 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Course he is Gallagher is a con job ,

Look at the rank of the guys he has beat recently ,

Bellator done a fantastic job milking Irish fans they built up total journey men like Gallagher & Crosbie to seem like legit future contenders or stars in MMA , the issues was eventually they would have to fight half decent lads and then the charade is over ,

It was a great business model while it lasted ,

was thinking about going to it but €70 odd for a decent seat with just 4 fights on the card is a bit of a joke!!

10 other fights as well.

You don’t get a ticket for anything cheaper than that these days.

I can’t wait to go to a live card again.

oh so the main card wont start till 7 or that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,912 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is this being shown live on any channel?

Advertisement