Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Whelo79 wrote: »
    That was a good win by Ian Garry yesterday. Really solid display and showed excellent ground work against a very good grappler.

Five solid rounds to add to his experience, and with evertyhing that happened this week he dealt with the fight excellently. Supposedly the fight was almost being cancelled on Friday because he was planning on going in without anyone in his corner. Graham Boylan told him no way could he do that, so Ian got Paul Hughes to corner him.

It looks like a move to the UFC is probably inevitable at this stage. I wonder will he maybe make one title defence before making the junp up?

Hopefully he gets the team sitautaion sorted out. If he's living in Dublin wjere does he go to train? Team Ryano or SBG HQ are probably the only realistic options. SBG D24 with Paddy Hoolihan or SBG Tallaght/Naas are other slim pissobilities.

He might be better served with a move to one of the bigger UK gyms or even moving over to America.

Not sure he'd be welcome at sbg HQ, he's talked **** about the fighters taking the easy money going to bellator. Ryano I could probably see alrite, maybe he stays in the UK.
    You'd love to see him head to the states and see can he sharpen his obvious talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

Homelander wrote: »
    Main event and Carmouche v Watanabe maybe, rest don't hugely grab me. From watching Watanabe's last fight she's just waiting to take a total pummelling from a strong striker.

Didn't watch it in the end but see Watanabe was knocked out 30 seconds into the first round by Liz Carmouche :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

rob316 wrote: »
    Not sure he'd be welcome at sbg HQ, he's talked **** about the fighters taking the easy money going to bellator. Ryano I could probably see alrite, maybe he stays in the UK.
    You'd love to see him head to the states and see can he sharpen his obvious talent.

He can't go Sbg because no Sbg fighters fight in cage warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone see the post from Team KF on the situation ,

Rumour is the "new Manger " employed in March is his missus can anyone verify that ? That been doing the rounds for a while & the way team KF wrote there statement i think she is his manger,

Sad to say but its quite obvious he'll be going wherever his missus tells him ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Whelo posted a link to it in the general MMA thread earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DodoDojo

Ian Garry got signed anyway. Wonder if he has found a new team yet.

Realistically there is nowhere in Ireland good enough for UFC caliber fights that he would be welcomed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Stunning performance from AJ McKee. He's the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'd love to see him make the jump to the UFC sooner rather than later.

Great performance and shut pitbull up in the process. Handy $1 Million too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Bellator 263 was great. I watched the main card and every fight was a banger.

Thought Brent primus was robbed to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Kiefer got the boot from bellator and put out probably the most childish and delusional statement I have ever read.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSRpE1fsVOC/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DodoDojo

It's funny, pretty much all SBG fighter except for maybe Artem, really seem to run with the whole McGregror technique(that he got from 'the secret") of thinking that if they 100% believe or conceive something that it will become reality. I can see why they all bought into that with McGregors rise, but I would have thought by now they would realise it doesn't actually work like that. The talent level in SBG is just not anywhere near world class, and clearly not even Bellator class anymore either. Kiefer is a right prick anyway so good riddance. His chances of fighting in the UFC are about the same as me getting with Jennifer Lawrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

the lack of European cards has really hurt the guys who were signed up for Bellator. Is any of the irish based fighters still signed up? Gallagher is based in the states now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭rob316

and the days of mcgregor getting his team mates signed to the UFC are over, Ward was an absolute disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Tickets for Bellator Dublin in November on sale in the morning.

Got mine yesterday in the presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

Looking forward to that card actually. The main and co-main should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Asking for a friend (genuinely not myself!), any idea on whether you'd need to be vaccinated to get into this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No one knows really. Anything could happen between now and then but if they want to go they should get themselves vaccinated just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

London bound now for MVP v Lima. First event in some time, so excited!

Never mind, found the answer :)

Enjoy Lollipop!

• Advertisement

That Luke Trainer looks a goodun. Only 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭hawaii501

That was some elbow to finish the fight

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't really follow Bellator. What has MVP been like since he lost. Commentators are making a big deal about his 5 fight win streak and how he said he has 11 ways to beat Lima. Has he improved much or has he just been crushing cans?

Did any one else notice that the ginger lad who did all the eye pokes tatoos looks like a load of swastikas.

This is a total mismatch. Leah McCourt boxing the ears off this wan.

Looking forward to seeing her against those ranked above her.

@LollipopJimmy will ya tell MVP to get in the **** cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

What an absolute joke of a decision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

joke of a decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

That was a ridiculous decision.

• Advertisement

I had it just about 2-1 to MVP although I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if Lima had gotten the decision.

Advertisement