Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Sure can't you load the games onto the hard drive anyways?

But you still have to put the disc in to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Picked up mine from argos. I got the dlc and a map with it. I thought that was only supposed to come with the special edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I got the disc version because it was 20 EURO CHEAPER and I can sell it if I don't like it.

Why is it that the digital copy is MORE than the physical disc? Doesn't make sense, their isn't the manufacturing\packaging\transport overheads...the digital should be much cheaper?!

There's a free RDR2 theme (PS4) on the American store. Not seeing it on the Irish store

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHbBuziS3Q4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

murpho999 wrote: »

I thought I saved a game before and could play without the disc? Maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,970 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Sure can't you load the games onto the hard drive anyways?

You need the disk in the console to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Not a big deal though and once the disc goes in it probably won't come out again until the far side of Christmas. :D

We could go on and on about the differences between physical and digital - both have their pros and cons. Once your happy with your choice thats all that matters really.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,407 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What are the chances I would be able to find one in SuperValu Merchants Quay tomorrow I wonder.....

I buy discs tbh, I thought it meant they take up less storage space on the xbox?
    I need to put in any disc to play that game.

If they make the digital copy cheaper, people will tend not buy from shops, shops will not be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

And the jim jams are off

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,214 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    And the jim jams are off

Surely you mean on, you're not planning on leaving the house any time soon are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Surely you mean on, you're not planning on leaving the house any time soon are you?

I can't go to smyths in my jim jams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

There was a fella last night in Cork with a cowboy hat on.

Although TBF, as he was from Cork, I'll give him a pass on any fashion faux pas.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The digital version of the official Piggyback guide is available to purchase within the RDR2 companion app for €10.99. The paperback version is £14.71 on Amazon excluding shipping. They are the exact same and the digital version is interactive so it seems easier to find something.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,214 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Course you can I often see perfectly respectable people in the local filling station wearing them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Post man here and gone, who knew buying direct from Rockstar was the slowest method.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Doodah7 wrote: »
    The digital version of the official Piggyback guide is available to purchase within the RDR2 companion app for €10.99. The paperback version is £14.71 on Amazon excluding shipping. They are the exact same and the digital version is interactive so it seems easier to find something.

I was supposed to have gotten this with my Gamestop pre order. Just got the game. I have emailed them. Anyone else with this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I am amazed at how many people buy discs these days instead of just downloading them.

€20 cheaper.
    Please tell me, what are the benefits of downloading games? I have never downloaded a game bar the ps+ offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,529 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Lads did anyone else pre-order the ultimate edition in gamestop for €89:99 ( yes I know I shouldn't give gamestop my money blah blah blah) but I only ended up getting the special edition because the fella in the shop said they didn't get ultimate edition copies of the game in Ireland. I feel like I should be due some money back but knowing gamestop they won't give me anything back. I was thinking at least €80 because from my brief checking online the special edition was €10. Anyone know the best way to approach this or should I just cut my losses and forget about it?

Sounds like you did get the special price, gamestop charge RRP and the digital special edition is 85 without the physical extras. The ultimate edition is 99 on Irish store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

Digital with gameshare on either console is the only way.

All games half price crazy how many people don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

recyclops wrote: »
    Digital with gameshare on either console is the only way.

All games half price crazy how many people don't do it.

I'd be worried about getting my account blocked messing with primary ps4 etc

• Advertisement

€20 cheaper.
    Please tell me, what are the benefits of downloading games? I have never downloaded a game bar the ps+ offerings.

Game sharing, not having to switch disks, logging into another Xbox and being able to play my games. You also used to be able to buy from different regions really easily without having to set up other profiles and the savings were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

People must be playing this by now, impressions? (without spoilers)

€20 cheaper.

For me:

Game available upon release. No trips to stores
    Less clutter, no discs or cases lying around.
    Switching between games is seamless and easy.
    Game always associated with gamertag.

Also, in Xbox they have frequent sales and you can get some real bargains.

I get why people buy discs (resale value mostly) but I find them inconvenient in this digital age but as another poster pointed out everyone to their own.

I do agree that digital downloads should be cheaper than physical discs though due to less costs, shipping, distributors cut, shop cut etc.

Also, I will leave it at this as this is taking the thread off track.

I went to bed before midnight last night as I have to work today. Can't wait to get home and play it.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'd be worried about getting my account blocked messing with primary ps4 etc

I did it for years with my brother. Never a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm just back from Smyths in Childers Road and there was plenty of women in jim jams there :D

For me:

Game available upon release. No trips to stores
    Less clutter, no discs or cases lying around.
    Switching between games is seamless and easy.
    Game always associated with gamertag.

Also, in Xbox they have frequent sales and you can get some real bargains.

I get why people buy discs (resale value mostly) but I find them inconvenient in this digital age but as another poster pointed out everyone to their own.

I do agree that digital downloads should be cheaper than physical discs though due to less costs, shipping, distributors cut, shop cut etc.

I don't think you fully get why people get disks. It's a collector's thing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    People must be playing this by now, impressions? (without spoilers)

slow, deliberate, beautiful, excellent

I don't think you fully get why people get disks. It's a collector's thing also.

I do get it but just not something for me. I do the same with music as well. Just prefer it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Very slow to get going in the beginning in my opinion. Enjoying it though, Looking forward to the full world opening up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The console gods are calling me (again) just for this game... or do I wait X amount of months for PC release...

Advertisement