Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nope, special edition arrived. I was saving it for a follow up gif but you ****ed it up in me lol

Oh you and your gifs.

Was it going to be the Banderas One :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Oh you and your gifs.

Was it going

?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

?

I'm trying to edit unsuccessfully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FutbolCian

Be warned, some asshole in SuperValu picked up 15 copies of this

Will be on adverts or done deal in no time selling for 60 I bet

Wonder how this was allowed. I tried to get a second copy of Fifa last year for a friend and was told that they could only give one per customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Got mine in Supervalu this morning. About twenty copies of the PS4 and NONE for Xbox!! Someone made a mistake during the ordering process lol!!

My PS4 version also came with the download code for the War Horse and Outlaw Survival Kit which I thought was only for pre-orders. Anyone else get this with theirs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

None left for PS4 in Supervalu Lucan. Said they only had 24

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Got mine in Supervalu this morning. About twenty copies of the PS4 and NONE for Xbox!! Someone made a mistake during the ordering process lol!!

My PS4 version also came with the download code for the War Horse and Outlaw Survival Kit which I thought was only for pre-orders. Anyone else get this with theirs?

Yes, PS4 only in my local and also got the pre-order stuff. Installing now, how long does this take? Looks like it will be over an hour by the speed it's going at...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

iggy wrote: »
    None left for PS4 in Supervalu Lucan. Said they only had 24

That's where I got mine this morning. Was a queue of over 20 people before opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Seems to be some code for DLC in mine which I think was only a pre order bonus which is nice :). The war horse and outlaw survival kit?

I don't think that's pre order bonus, Gamestop lied, it's exclusive Ps4 dlc that all copies have.

I was the only person in my Super Valu buying it, had a good few copies of each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Lads did anyone else pre-order the ultimate edition in gamestop for €89:99 ( yes I know I shouldn't give gamestop my money blah blah blah) but I only ended up getting the special edition because the fella in the shop said they didn't get ultimate edition copies of the game in Ireland. I feel like I should be due some money back but knowing gamestop they won't give me anything back. I was thinking at least €80 because from my brief checking online the special edition was €10. Anyone know the best way to approach this or should I just cut my losses and forget about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

Loads left in supervalu Castlebar i had to ask as it was behind the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Lads did anyone else pre-order the ultimate edition in gamestop for €89:99 ( yes I know I shouldn't give gamestop my money blah blah blah) but I only ended up getting the special edition because the fella in the shop said they didn't get ultimate edition copies of the game in Ireland. I feel like I should be due some money back but knowing gamestop they won't give me anything back. I was thinking at least €80 because from my brief checking online the special edition was €10. Anyone know the best way to approach this or should I just cut my losses and forget about it?

Uhh no. Get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

If the ultimate edition is more than special edition you should get money back. They should have allowed pre-ordering of an edition that they wouldn't be getting in. Regardless, I dont know how they should say no to a refund - the easiest thing would have been to refund the total amount and then just allow you buy the special.....those f**kers are crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Argos seem to have a bit of stock, I have reserved a copy there... will try local Tesco first tho

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I am amazed at how many people buy discs these days instead of just downloading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

They are still showing stock in Argos in Cork, I thought they would be long gone!, I might try pick up a ps4 copy in a while, I didn't pre order, but saw online big queues at Gamestop in Cork

If the ultimate edition is more than special edition you should get money back. They should have allowed pre-ordering of an edition that they wouldn't be getting in. Regardless, I dont know how they should say no to a refund - the easiest thing would have been to refund the total amount and then just allow you buy the special.....those f**kers are crazy!!

I'd of gotten them to refund the whole thing, tell them to **** off and buy it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

murpho999 wrote: »
    I am amazed at how many people buy discs these days instead of just downloading them.

Some people like collectors editions, others like to trade in their games after a while and other have ****e Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,564 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

There is a big price difference for a start.

Many people don't have access to unlimited and or fast broadband.

Many people like to sell the games on afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Saving up to €20 is a good motivator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

to be fair i can imagine its much easier for the many people without decent internet. I dont have that problem, could probably download it within 30-60mins, Paying 50euro for a physical copy that i can potentially resell compared to 60-70euro for a digital copy that cant be resold seems a no brainer to me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Hey, just picked up my preorder and got an ereceipt showimg 59.99....did anyone else get this? Should have been 54.99 right? Went back in and they said that when the money comes off the card it’ll be for 54.99...does that sound right?

Check your email with barcode on it. That and my ereceipt have 59.99 less 5 discount with total 54.99. Sounds like you received no discount

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,211 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

For a game I probably wont play again after i finish it it makes more sense and I can trade it in for cash. Will likely end up costing half the price of digital in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Having checked smyths website they are selling it €89:99 and Argos are selling to for €99:99 . So I wasn't overcharged just a bit annoyed that I was able to pre-order the ultimate edition when they weren't even getting it in but I'm gonna assume that they didn't find out about them not getting the ultimate editions until the suppliers were actually shipping the copies out to the stores.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Some people like collectors editions, others like to trade in their games after a while and other have ****e Internet.

I got the disc version because it was 20 EURO CHEAPER and I can sell it if I don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Arrived :D Now just a 2 hour wait while it all installs...

I like seeing the box of games stacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

to be fair i can imagine its much easier for the many people without decent internet. I dont have that problem, could probably download it within 30-60mins, Paying 50euro for a physical copy that i can potentially resell compared to 60-70euro for a digital copy that cant be resold seems a no brainer to me though.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    For a game I probably wont play again after i finish it it makes more sense and I can trade it in for cash. Will likely end up costing half the price of digital in the long run.

Fair enough.

I have decent internet myself (Virgin Media) and had game downloaded in under an hour.

I get it about the price, I find it crazy that digital downloads are more expensive than physical shipped copies, but I find the convenience of it worth it.

Switching seamlessly to the game from other games and apps without having to change discs and also not having loads of discs lying around is worth it for me.
    Don't really care about selling games as shops don't do good trade ins and I like to return to games sometimes after years and now they'll always be associated with my Xboxid.

Fair enough.

I have decent internet myself (Virgin Media) and had game downloaded in under an hour.

I get it about the price, I find it crazy that digital downloads are more expensive than physical shipped copies, but I find the convenience of it worth it.

Switching seamlessly to the game from other games and apps without having to change discs and also not having loads of discs lying around is worth it for me.
    Don't really care about selling games as shops don't do good trade ins and I like to return to games sometimes after years and now they'll always be associated with my Xboxid.

Sure can't you load the games onto the hard drive anyways?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

Supervalu Blackrock only got PS4 alas!

Advertisement