Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had my first BIG fight, and I'm now hatless. I'm never finding that thing now, had it all an hour.

Found my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Varik wrote: »
    Had my first BIG fight, and I'm now hatless. I'm never finding that thing now, had it all an hour.

Did someone cut in front of you outside Smyths?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Did someone cut in front of you outside Smyths?

Not sure if you're serious or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Wow a crow just hit my horse. Amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hunting dear can get quite sad if you don’t kill them with the first shot. Poor thing was screaming and flailing around until I stuck the knife in. :(

It’s really, really well done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

looting is a pain in the ass

Interaction in general needs to be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

never payed rdr - still have a ps3 - thinking for a while to trade up - Worth it for this??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

ardinn wrote: »
    never payed rdr - still have a ps3 - thinking for a while to trade up - Worth it for this??

Absolutely, you'd have a serious amount of other games to play as well. This, God of War, Uncharted, Horzizon Zero Dawn, Witcher 3, Battlefield 5 ( coming out soon), your literally spoilt for choice man. PS has had some seriously great titles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

How in the **** did this game get so many 10s... after only an hour I'm sick of the slow movement and heavy as balls gunplay. It feels outdated compared to new 3rd person shooters or open world games.

I suppose like Nintendo, Rockstar can do no wrong, 10/10.

I hope it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just drank 8 bottles of whiskey, said a drunken hello to all the women and antagonised every man in the camp.

Playing this game any other way would be historically innacurate and a waste of time.

This is proper wild-west.

ardinn wrote: »

Most definitely. Have not played console in a long while myself, For RDR2 I would say alone is worth!

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    How in the **** did this game get so many 10s... after only an hour I'm sick of the slow movement and heavy as balls gunplay. It feels outdated compared to new 3rd person shooters or open world games.

I hope it gets better.

Maybe cause you've only played an hour? And its...snowing...slow movement seems konda bout right

Edit: Open world games and you put Nintendo with Breath of The Wild, Rockstar which had the most sold game of all time in GTA 5.

Genuinely interested which ooen world ganes tops those two?

I hope it gets better.

Double tap A/X to run

Anyone know how to put spolier tags on phone site?

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Maybe cause you've only played an hour? And its...snowing...slow movement seems konda bout right

Edit: Open world games and you put Nintendo with Breath of The Wild, Rockstar which had the most sold game of all time in GTA 5.

Genuinely interested which ooen world ganes tops those two?

BOTW was god awful, 23fps and boring, loved GTAV but those controls were also clunky but I dealt with it. Hopefully Red Dead picks up.

BOTW was god awful, 23fps and boring, loved GTAV but those controls were also clunky but I dealt with it. Hopefully Red Dead picks up.

Hey thats your opinion and fair enough. They wern't for you. You must have know what you were buying though going on past history of rockstar and what the game was about?

Theres nothong wrong with not liking it.

Again man, what previous games have done it better for you, just out of curiosity.

Smyths shipped my special edition yesterday.......wonder will it arrive today......

Me when the postman arrives......
    giphy.gif

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭eggy81

Botw is an unreal game. 160 hours in and I've still to tackle 2 divine beasts and gannon. Best open world game I've played yet. Far better than horizon. Haven't played witches though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Games going along quite nicely, it's slow where I am, just 2-3 hours in but it works. Story's engaging.
    Combat does feel clunky.
    Almost killed my horse 5 minutes in by riding him into a ditch in the middle of nowhere , that I struggled to get out of.
    Dutch screaming at me to get a move on while I'm looting corpses got old very quick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hope it gets better.

Give it a chance ,.you've only played an hour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tenor.gif

Haha poor auld fred :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Game is available on Argos for reservation right now. Just got my copy secured in case this supervalu stakeout doesn't work.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Hey thats your opinion and fair enough. They wern't for you. You must have know what you were buying though going on past history of rockstar and what the game was about?

Theres nothong wrong with not liking it.

Again man, what previous games have done it better for you, just out of curiosity.

I thought they'd have updated the gameplay at least and got with the times.

Horizon, Assassins Creed, Spider-Man, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, MGSV... those were so fluid and felt super smooth and responsive.

Your man shouting at me for looting bodies at the train got me annoyed, every 2 secones HURRY UP, MOVE IT, COME ON.

Spoilers tags, fs

Anyone need a copy? My local has some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Was about a dozen copies of each platform in my local supervalu. Shot in at 7.30 and purchased no problem. Today's workday will be torture knowing it's out in the car. Just wanna roam the prairies dammit.

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Was about a dozen copies of each platform in my local supervalu. Shot in at 7.30 and purchased no problem. Today's workday will be torture knowing it's out in the car. Just wanna roam the prairies dammit.

Same, git a nice art box with mine too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Advertisement