Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 10/04/2015 to 16/06/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Shut up Joe, if people are grand they will text/ring home, if they don't they are likely not ok, don't try to assume we are 100 years ago in the telegraph era.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

What part of the country they are from asks Joe. Goodness, some of the families mightn't even know yet.
    My own first cousin's son is on a J1 in California at the moment, if I hear my part of the country mentioned, my heart will sink

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ah Joe you're great, you give out that exact location, well done to you

He wants the exact location so he can worry already worried parents even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

With Clery's shut, that's Joe snookered for clamps now.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

can the jet fly that far?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

55 under actually.

Joe is a par 1 man

M

We don't have a national airline you tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ms Perry is on her way from Washington to California with camera crew. Suppose she has nothing else to do over there but announce Jeb as a republican candidate, sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What fookin national airline

I was in America loadsa times, I know about balconies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,326 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

national airline ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe will be hoping the architect of the balcony calls in.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Dig there against the purchase of Air Lingus.

Well done Joe, well done. Lovely timing.

What fookin national airline

Union man on Lahn 2 to say as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

"dead load"- unfortunate phrase caller

Were there too many people on the balcony?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,072 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Once again (sigh), if you think the jokes/comments are aimed at the subject matter you're clearly missing the point. But I'm willing to bet Joe will say or ask something completely inappropriate in the next half an hour - and that's what we latch on to.

I was in and out of the car, and turned on at one point to hear Joe (the civil engineer) disucssing RSJs and steel struts to support the balcony - he'll have the case closed before the last casualty is brought to hospital.

How dare he speculate and pre-empt the investigation.

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    Is Liveline an appropriate program to cover this story? Surly not?

Absolutely NOT :mad:
    Bloody Joe Duffy. He doesn't give a damn about the families here in a panic at present as long as he gets a handy show with a nice disaster to keep him going. He has provided nothing useful whatsoever.

I've said it I don't know how many times - the lowest form of tabloid journalism from Joe again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

How big are the friggin balconies in Duffy Towers?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Joe once played 18 holes in Portmarnock in 17 shots.

That's not quite true.......he had a hole-in-one on every hole except the eighteenth. He later claimed that he actually did have a hole-in-one on the eighteenth but didn't put it on his card because he reckoned nobody would believe it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

vicwatson wrote: »
    Jaysus, what would the american investigative authorities do without Joe Duffy to solve everything

Back on the case again with experts who once lived in the states.

I used to live in California, my apartment had a balcony, and it was even all done up for me at one stage. We even had a mini party on it one time.

He'd have me on the phone like a light with the insight I'd have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Tom McFeeley on line 1

M

They will investigate it, unlike here where there's people living in signed off death trap houses in Newbridge that will burn to the ground in under 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Joe angling as to whether it may have been their own fault......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    I can remember that day as well, if I'm not mistaken Joe was interviewing a Nigerian who was claiming that he was being discriminated against in Ireland and wanted to let everyone know how unfair it was. Does anyone else remember this?

I remember it very clearly, I was listening to it where I worked at the time. I remember he was discussing racism, I think the Nigerian owned a shop ( I can't do the accent!) Joe switched to talk to either Conor O'Clery or Neil O'Dowd in New York who was looking over at the Twin Towers after the first plane struck. Then he saw the second plane strike and I'd think Joe nearly went into orbit.

Completely irresponsible, sensationalist and potentially dangerous broadcasting from the telephonist again. How does he get away with this?

2smiggy wrote: »
    national airline ?

Government Jet Airlines?

That's all like architecture and sh1t

I remember it very clearly, I was listening to it where I worked at the time. I remember he was discussing racism, I think the Nigerian owned a shop ( I can't do the accent!) Joe switched to talk to either Conor O'Clery or Neil O'Dowd in New York who was looking over at the Twin Towers after the first plane struck. Then he saw the second plane strike and I'd think Joe nearly went into orbit.

Whoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

A feckin retired firefighter, how low is this...

In LiveLine world, retired firefighters and retired policemen are experts, up there with taxi-drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Is he trying to blame someone for overloading the balcony or blame builders.?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement