Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mart Price Tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

What age are they. I assume March 14? If so 950 to 1030 depending on how well made they are.

Yeah from late feb to April 2014 born. It's hard to get time to get to a mart and hard to justify/stomach a few hours in one just to get prices. I think all that's on farmers forum is the high prices. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Yeah from late feb to April 2014 born. It's hard to get time to get to a mart and hard to justify/stomach a few hours in one just to get prices. I think all that's on farmers forum is the high prices. Thanks for that.

Look through a few. Some of the marts do a full listing lot by lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dozer1

was in Kilmallock today for a hour or two, heavy stock back in my eyes had a 04 simm cow there, 750kgs only made 1180, no room to keep her any longer. very few cows made good money.

Dozer1 wrote: »
    was in Kilmallock today for a hour or two, heavy stock back in my eyes had a 04 simm cow there, 750kgs only made 1180, no room to keep her any longer. very few cows made good money.

At that weight would you have got 1280 in factory?? Not too much margin for the next man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dozer1

don't like sending animals to the factory just got burnt once or twice.
    Had a cow there a month ago was 655kgs made 1215 younger but still a good cow like today's one.

one other heavy cow like her there today 750kg CH made 1230 she was a better animal than mine though

• Advertisement

Dozer1 wrote: »
    don't like sending animals to the factory just got burnt once or twice.
    Had a cow there a month ago was 655kgs made 1215 younger but still a good cow like today's one.

one other heavy cow like her there today 750kg CH made 1230 she was a better animal than mine though

Finishers are nervous at the minute. The big rise after the pull is looking less likely the more time goes by. First to take price hit is cull cows and FRs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

They stamped down any hopes with the big size 13 boots this week. Anyone selling bullocks? 3.90 says the farming independant.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Sold 2 today. 13 month ch bulls. Weight 390 and 490 made 830 and 950. Thought I'd break 1000 for the heavy lad nicer animal. Small crowd sue to ploughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭epfff

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Sold 2 today. 13 month ch bulls. Weight 390 and 490 made 830 and 950. Thought I'd break 1000 for the heavy lad nicer animal. Small crowd sue to ploughing.

Where
    Wouldn't sound great

epfff wrote: »
    Where
    Wouldn't sound great

Thats an understatement. Lad I know had two in chx and lmx two weeks ago 410 and 480 got 1080 and 1190. If ya fed the 490 lad for another 90 days at 1.5kg per day thats 140 kg approx 630kg live. 350dead you'd have got at least 1435.

• Advertisement

Next lad has to live too.

Willfarman wrote: »
    Next lad has to live too.

Hahahaha. Your wallet must be full of cobwebs boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Chx dry cow 1020kg too wide to go up the crush when the seller was checking her in, mud fat, made €2060.
    She was the widest best made crossbred cow I've ever seen and probably will see for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

In Listowel. Was think as much. Very small crowd buying today. Ploughing I say

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

What are fresain bullocks making in the mart these days? Spring 2014 born. No movements. Around 480 kilos at a guess. Here is a pic taken few months ago

degetme wrote: »
    What are fresain bullocks making in the mart these days? Spring 2014 born. No movements. Around 480 kilos at a guess. Here is a pic taken few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭White Clover

Around 1.85/1.90 per kilo. So around 900 for them lads

Around 1.85/1.90 per kilo. So around 900 for them lads

They are nice looking ones though in fairness good square blocks. Pudsey would buy good square ones like that . he'd have a better handle on their worth.

They are nice looking ones though in fairness good square blocks. Pudsey would buy good square ones like that . he'd have a better handle on their worth.

Who's going to open the bidding;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Who's going to open the bidding;-)

I will @ €700

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »
    I will @ €700

you must know the auctioneer!

I will @ €700

Go away, you chancer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Go away, you chancer

You asked to open the bidding :D
    No one else bid , that often happens in the mart with freisans . I must say yours look in great order though and I'm sure you'll do well with them

Did you rear them from calves? I'd say they will weigh better than you think. Bit of flesh on them fine boys.

You asked to open the bidding :D
    No one else bid , that often happens in the mart with freisans . I must say yours look in great order though and I'm sure you'll do well with them

Cheers. All they got was grass since March and a worm dose. They will hit the mart over the next month. Will let ye know how they get on

Willfarman wrote: »
    Did you rear them from calves? I'd say they will weigh better than you think. Bit of flesh on them fine boys.

Ya keeps the first twenty bull calves. They should all be in around the same weight as they were all born within 2/3 weeks. Hopefully they will come into good money. Twill be all wanted next spring with the price of milk on the floor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

anyone in kk mart today? presume it was small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

anyone in kk mart today? presume it was small.

One ring job over at 1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

prices back much sim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

prices back much sim?

Thought trade was fair enough

Advertisement