Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭oceanman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭CoBo55

con747 wrote: »
    1978 Chevy g30 Beauville van €?? I love the way someone say's "I will not answer any best price questions" without having an asking price. https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1978-chevy-g30-beauville-van/27514904
    Or any decent pictures.

You'd be a laughing stock in that yoke, you wouldn't have the comfort of going anywhere with all these scaredy cat young ones going around. Before you know it you'd be the town stalker:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Miscreant

oceanman wrote: »

ZV plate on a 1989 car just looks wrong to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Miscreant wrote: »
    ZV plate on a 1989 car just looks wrong to me...

And everyone else on here. Guaranteed everyone went "EUGH"!

I know I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-405-classic-diesel-estate-car-1990/27499039

ZGZkMTYxYzVhMzg0YWQwYzcxNjY2ZTIzMDRmYzMzMGIosR5J_9WwQNsVnghSEizvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzM5MDU1NzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

OGJiOThjMDcwNDMyMzQzOGZkYmQ0MzJlMzZhNzQ5MTiWVJ4P4GuBanoh_yiawtZzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzM5MDU1Nzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

ZDRiZmU0YzhlZGVlOWQ3ODQ3YzYxMWExODA4MDZjY2WX79WbOj10aU_TTOfO40ZiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzM5MDU1NzZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I like this. 3 owners from new with a whole heap of recent work done

Nice practical old thing

That's a gorgeous old thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

And everyone else on here. Guaranteed everyone went "EUGH"!

I know I did.

I couldn't care less what plate is on a car.

If people want to stick a ZV on it then they should. I find it funny when people say it does not look right. The rules are that you can stick a ZV on a car 30 years or older - so actually in my mind it looks as "right" as an original plate. The car is "entitled" to wear one. So while people may personally not like the look of a ZV, saying they look wrong is incorrect.

But different strokes for different folks. People should put what they want on their own car, and not worry about what someone else's preference is.

That's my rant for the day over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Love seeing mercs with pressed metal registration plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I Was VB wrote: »
    Love seeing mercs with pressed metal registration plates.

Wouldn’t look out of place in Kinsealy. Double breasted pinstripe suit for driver optional, but completes the look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭snowcat

Tzardine wrote: »
    I couldn't care less what plate is on a car.

If people want to stick a ZV on it then they should. I find it funny when people say it does not look right. The rules are that you can stick a ZV on a car 30 years or older - so actually in my mind it looks as "right" as an original plate. The car is "entitled" to wear one. So while people may personally not like the look of a ZV, saying they look wrong is incorrect.

But different strokes for different folks. People should put what they want on their own car, and not worry about what someone else's preference is.

That's my rant for the day over.

Like it or not plates are hugely significant on a car. Sometimes they have more significance than the car itself. An original Irish plate on an original Irish special car is nearly priceless. Obviously within Ireland. I know of original brown log books selling for huge money with no cars attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

snowcat wrote: »
    I know of original brown log books selling for huge money with no cars attached.

That happens for a completely different reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I have about a dozen brown log books that I took out of the grandfather's house after he died, one or two for desirable enough motors, some for cattle lorries, but not a hope of selling them to someone who wants to clone an import...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

The price of Brexit I bet. It would cost that to import a good clean one. I reckon the market is going to readjust to that level over the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

fryup wrote: »

Someone HAS to buy that, if only to get it to the million miles mark! Looks tidy enough all things considered. Underneath could be a different story of course.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ba_barabus wrote: »
    The price of Brexit I bet. It would cost that to import a good clean one. I reckon the market is going to readjust to that level over the coming months.

Yep, I don't think it's quite worth that under 30 years old, but over 30 for sure if it's clean. Brexit definitely affecting the price of that kind of stuff in the long term. Anytime I see cars like that for sale here now I'm automatically working back and thinking how much that would be in sterling in the UK. A €7k car here I suppose you'd want to be picking up in the UK for £4k-ish to allow for VAT/VRT/duty and shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭KevRossi

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I'd love that but its a bit saucy price wise

I don't think it is. I can see two LHD ones for sale in Europe, one in Greece for €8,500 and one in Italy for €9,500.

Hen's teeth rare, not as desirable as the Uno turbo, very limited market for it here.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I'd love that but its a bit saucy price wise
    basically just a fiat and well overpriced i think myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Audi: Basically just a skoda
    Bentley: Basically just a VW
    Jaguar: Basically a mondeo
    Lexus: Basically just a Toyota

etc. etc.

That's a pretty naive take on any classic car - a 72 Fiat Dino is basically "just a fiat" too, yet you will pay considerably more for one. Each car has it's own merits and appeal. Strong money for the Lancia, true, but there really arent that many left, especially in RHD already landed here and in such good condition. Where would you see the market value on that car?

Audi: Basically just a skoda
    Bentley: Basically just a VW
    Jaguar: Basically a mondeo
    Lexus: Basically just a Toyota

etc. etc.

That's a pretty naive take on any classic car - a 72 Fiat Dino is basically "just a fiat" too, yet you will pay considerably more for one. Each car has it's own merits and appeal. Strong money for the Lancia, true, but there really arent that many left, especially in RHD already landed here and in such good condition. Where would you see the market value on that car?
    about 2 or 3 grand less than asking price...but each to their own at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

CoBo55 wrote: »
    U.K. boss had one.....for 11 months, mot put an end to his venture into Jag ownership:cool:

Bought a '69 Capri
    Failed the emm oohhhh teeee
    what a waste of tah-hime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Shameless plug. I put my 944S2 up.
    nit pick away:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

So your going to make us look for it then. :-)

Good luck with the sale. Any reason why you didnt put it in the classic section?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/porsche-944s2/27536792

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

There are a number of reasons why a Lancia Y10 is not 'basically just a Fiat' but I'll list a few just so you'll know
    We'll start with the body... not one single piece of outer panel work is used or shared with any Fiat.
    Not one piece of the interior is shared with or used on any Fiat.
    Not one piece of glass is used or shared with any Fiat.
    While the front suspension is similar to the Fiat Panda, the rear was only used on the Y10, while eventually being fitted to the Panda several years later.
    The original engine fitted to the Y10 was also not shared with any Fiat, but was eventually used in the Uno, and is more or less still in use today, albeit with some modifications.
    So, at the time this car was introduced... it was 'anything but a Fiat'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    PauloMN wrote: »
    Someone HAS to buy that, if only to get it to the million miles mark! Looks tidy enough all things considered. Underneath could be a different story of course.

a guinness book of records entry?? i'd buy it for that alone

Advertisement