Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

oceanman wrote: »
    basically just a fiat and well overpriced i think myself..

I think you are trying to imply being a fiat is a bad thing ? There are about 20 cars in the fiat back catalogue that I or most car enthusiasts would love to own. I am amazed how many times folks come onto these forums thinking that sh*tting on Fiats will get them likes or shows their knowledge about motoring - it really doesnt, particularly on a forum where people understand the history and significance of the brand - not about how some lad down the pub told them they knew a lad that had one and it broke down once.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭CoBo55

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I think you are trying to imply being a fiat is a bad thing ? There are about 20 cars in the fiat back catalogue that I or most car enthusiasts would love to own. I am amazed how many times folks come onto these forums thinking that sh*tting on Fiats will get them likes or shows their knowledge about motoring - it really doesnt, particularly on a forum where people understand the history and significance of the brand - not about how some lad down the pub told them they knew a lad that had one and it broke down once.

Myself and the aul fella had a few Fiat's over the years we thought they were great cars, easy to work on and having a local dealership very cheap parts too. The immobiliser key we all use now was invented by fiat, 2 stage injection in diesel engines was their baby too.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Harcrid wrote: »
    So your going to make us look for it then. :-)

Good luck with the sale. Any reason why you didnt put it in the classic section?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/porsche-944s2/27536792

Thank you.

was wondering why it gave that tax. it defaulted to that when I did that green badge thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭oceanman

RobAMerc wrote: »
    i didnt say fiats were bad...god knows i have owned enough of them in my time. but they are for the most part basic.

slipperyox wrote: »
    Thank you.

was wondering why it gave that tax. it defaulted to that when I did that green badge thing...

Please remove the, not in a hurry to sell, bit. It looks very nice good luck with the sale, nice colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »

That civic looks fairly rough inside, is that overspray on the steering wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭KevRossi

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That civic looks fairly rough inside, is that overspray on the steering wheel?

No, just the colouring of it I think. The missing gear knob would be more a worry to me. He could have waved the head of a hoover in it's general direction before taking photos and maybe a bucket of water to wash the cow shlte off it.

It's a rough piece of crap for €5,000.

KevRossi wrote: »
    No, just the colouring of it I think. The missing gear knob would be more a worry to me. He could have waved the head of a hoover in it's general direction before taking photos and maybe a bucket of water to wash the cow shlte off it.

It's a rough piece of crap for €5,000.

Did you ever try driving a car without a gear knob? your hand would be in bits after a few miles, you're dead on it's a rough piece of crap... Can't get the love for civics anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mazda-121-lx-1-3-1988-tax-and-nct/27543975

Y2YyMmQyOWVkOWM4NjA1OTI0YmI4MTBjYWIyYTZiYTLkju1ylTvM1JbzZ4gVyWSsaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQzNzUzMDh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

ZjdiZTViMzQwMjBhMmU1ZjFjZGFiYzQ3Nzg0NjA0YWF1KtQvvkBhkaEprtN41kLeaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQzNzUzMTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is lovely.

33 years old, NCT all the way til 2023, loads of tax, €2250

• Advertisement

Still hasn't found any full stops or paragraphs. Thought I got rid of the headache from the beer last night, seems it's back after reading that.

Lovely car though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Would have to see the MOT history first to see how lovely it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mazda-121-lx-1-3-1988-tax-and-nct/27543975

Y2YyMmQyOWVkOWM4NjA1OTI0YmI4MTBjYWIyYTZiYTLkju1ylTvM1JbzZ4gVyWSsaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQzNzUzMDh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

ZjdiZTViMzQwMjBhMmU1ZjFjZGFiYzQ3Nzg0NjA0YWF1KtQvvkBhkaEprtN41kLeaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQzNzUzMTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is lovely.

Lovely looking car, I would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

swarlb wrote: »
    There are a number of reasons why a Lancia Y10 is not 'basically just a Fiat' but I'll list a few just so you'll know
    We'll start with the body... not one single piece of outer panel work is used or shared with any Fiat.
    Not one piece of the interior is shared with or used on any Fiat.
    Not one piece of glass is used or shared with any Fiat.
    While the front suspension is similar to the Fiat Panda, the rear was only used on the Y10, while eventually being fitted to the Panda several years later.
    The original engine fitted to the Y10 was also not shared with any Fiat, but was eventually used in the Uno, and is more or less still in use today, albeit with some modifications.
    So, at the time this car was introduced... it was 'anything but a Fiat'

All very valid reasons but in reality it's neither. Its an Autobianchi. Very cool in its own right but not what I'd consider a lancia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

kev1.3s wrote: »
    All very valid reasons but in reality it's neither. Its an Autobianchi. Very cool in its own right but not what I'd consider a lancia.

I forgot that - you are dead right. It was a replacement for the A112, which was a fantastic handling little car.

I think this is way cooler than a Uno turbo i.e. but I would take either - it sold quickly and I am not surprised at that price ( Cheap compared to a decent Uno Turbo )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

looks very clean, as slow as a glacier, but should last 'til the end of time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Miscreant

This is lovely.

That brings back some memories. My mother had one in white for 10 years. I learned to drive in it and it was a hoot. With the 1.3 engine in it, the car was surprisingly nippy. It broke her heart to get rid of it but the tin worm killed it eventually.

Miscreant wrote: »
    That brings back some memories. My mother had one in white for 10 years. I learned to drive in it and it was a hoot. With the 1.3 engine in it, the car was surprisingly nippy. It broke her heart to get rid of it but the tin worm killed it eventually.

I'd say the tin worm is killing that one too...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Miscreant wrote: »

I’ve never driven one but I’d say with a 1.3 it would go quite well for something so small and light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,502 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-124/27553692

Hens teeth category here.

Does that make it a bargain at nearly €7k?

I don't know but as he says "when will you get a chance to buy another".

elperello wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-124/27553692

Hens teeth category here.

Does that make it a bargain at nearly €7k?

I don't know but as he says "when will you get a chance to buy another".

Is that a length of chain holding the silencer up? She's looking fairly tough around the bulkhead where the master cylinder is mounted, I'd be checking her very closely for terminal rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,502 ✭✭✭✭elperello

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Is that a length of chain holding the silencer up? She's looking fairly tough around the bulkhead where the master cylinder is mounted, I'd be checking her very closely for terminal rot.

Not sure about the exhaust strap but the bulkhead does look a bit dodgy.

As with any old car you'd need to proceed with caution.

I suppose the miracle is that she is still with us.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »

Reg plate spells 'boob'. :)

Overpriced apart from that.

ZTViZDEwY2QyMzY2NDMzMjFhMGNkYjg2NzIyMjQwNWGtKeRr7mH0ToDfTNjS3kBYaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQ1MTQzNzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,040 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Looks like it had a boob job done then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

My father had a Fiat 124 of the same vintage. Bought new.
    I remember the salesman said it was Italian assembled, contratdicted somewhat by the certifcate of Irish assembly which came with the paperwork. It also came complete with a tin of touch up paint, if that says anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

cml387 wrote: »
    I remember the salesman said it was Italian assembled, contratdicted somewhat by the certifcate of Irish assembly which came with the paperwork. It also came complete with a tin of touch up paint, if that says anything.

My Dad bought a new Fiat 127, I can still remember thinking "what a bad colour" It was crap brown colour. But there was a Guaranteed Irish sticker on the back panel. ;) When you look back at how silly it all was.

When 9.5% interest was a positive selling point!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭MrCostington

It also came complete with a tin of touch up paint, if that says anything.

LOL

I was watching one of the Pathé News reports from the UK motor show from the 60's on Youtube a while back, the voice over was showing some of the cars from johnny foreigner, then to the latest home offerings, saying it's smooth, powerful etc, and spares are plentiful! Needless to say the comments section had a good laugh about that.

Advertisement